Chapter 9 - YMH

You're my Hyung

          “Waaaaa…” Gwang Soo shouted seeing them kissed.

          Ji Hyo just smiles at him. Jong Kook was flustered by it though. He didn’t thought she’ll do that. He glances at Ja In and it seems that she didn’t like what she saw. Jong Kook didn’t mind what he saw because it’s impossible that she’ll react that way.

          “So it’s my turn now…” Jong Kook said and turns the bottle, now it pointed to Ja In. “Truth or Dare?...” he asked.

          “Dare…” Ja In said.

          If you didn’t do the dare the consequence is you’ll drink 2 glasses of soju bomb for girls and 3 for boys. Soju bomb is a mix of beer and soju. 

          “Hmmmm…What should I ask you to do?...” Jong Kook thinks. “Then…call me Oppa…Three times…” he said.

          “This will be exciting…You never call him Oppa…” Onew said.

          Ja In looks at them. They were anticipating if she’ll call him like that. Ji Sub was also looking at her, thinking if what she’ll do. “Mian~ I’ll just drink this…” Ja In said and drinks the 2 glasses of soju bomb.

          Jong Kook felt depressed. “Is it that really hard for you to call me Oppa?...” Jong Kook thought.

          Ja In turns the bottle then. She was a bit sober. It pointed on Haha. “Tru-th or Da-re Oppa?...” she asked. “Truth…” Haha said.

          “Op-pa…*hiccup*…” Ja In said. She was a bit drunk. She drank too much earlier plus the 2 glasses of soju bombs wasn’t a joke. “It is sti-ll sa-fe…righ-t?...My se-cr-et…” she said. The others were curious about it.

          “Of course…It’s safe…” Haha said. Ja In smiles at him and she gets dizzy and puts her head into Ji Sub’s shoulder. Jong Kook can’t help himself but he’s really worried. Ja In seems to be drunk. “Let’s all sleep…We’ve been tired…” Jong Kook suggested.

          Ji Sub carries Ja In. Seung Yeon follows them. Gary, Gwang Soo and Onew also go to their rooms. “Don’t worry…I’ll take care of her…” Ji Hyo said to him. “Thank you Ji Hyo-yah…” Jong Kook said. Then Ji Hyo also went inside the villa.

          Haha was left and Jong Kook. “Secret?...What is it?...” Jong Kook asked him. He’s really curious about it. “Hyung…I won’t tell it…She trusts me and I won’t let her down…” Haha said. “Mianhe Hyung…” Haha added.

~~~~~~~~~~

          4:00PM, Gary, Gwang Soo, Onew and Ji Hyo was playing volleyball. Jong Kook lay at the beach chair with his sunglasses on. Ji Sub went to the store. Seung Yeon and Ja In were swimming at the ocean.

          Then Seung Yeon suddenly shouted. “YAH JA IN-ah!~…What’s wrong with you?!...JA IN-ah!...”

          Ja In was a good swimmer but she got foot cramps. Seung Yeon’s shouting caught everybody’s attention. Jong Kook immediately stands up and takes off his sunglasses. He went to Seung Yeon. “What’s the problem?...” he asked. “I think she got cramps…She was there lately but I can’t see her anymore…”

          Hearing it, Jong Kook immediately jumps into the water and swims to her. He saves her and brings her into the seaside. Everyone was worried of her. Jong Kook does what he needs to do. He does the CPR and saves her. Ja In gains her consciousness thanks to Jong Kook.

          “Are you okay?...” Jong Kook asked. Ja In nodded. Then Ji Sub comes. “Ja In-ah…Are you okay?...” he asked right away. “I’m ok-ay…” she said. Ji Sub carries her and said. “I’ll take care of her from this point on…”

Jong Kook feels like Ji Sub was pertaining something to him. “Yes you should take care of her…because I let you do it…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Night, it’s already time to sleep. Jong Kook was still awake and just staring at the ceiling. Then Ji Sub started to talk. “You’re still awake right? Jong Kook-ssi…” he asked.

          “Ne~…Why?...”

          “Can I ask you something?...” Ji Sub said.

          “Okay…What is it?...”

          “Did you perhaps…like Ja In?...”

          Jong Kook didn’t respond right away. “I’m sorry if I ask you this but…I don’t like how close you are…It makes me jealous…” Ji Sub said then.

          “I just like her as my sister…You don’t need to be jealous…”

          “That’s good then…but I hope you can distant yourself to her…” Ji Sub said.

          “Okay…I’ll do that…” Jong Kook agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~

                   Third day at the beach, Morning, they all went to the restaurant to eat breakfast. Jong Kook was getting his food when Ja In walks towards him to greet but he avoided her. Ja In stops at the moment when Jong Kook avoided her.

          Even at the villa, Jong Kook avoids her completely. He always sticks to Ji Hyo and to the others. If Ja In will join them he’ll surely moves away.

          Ja In didn’t know how to react with it. She stays quiet but it hurts her.

          5:00PM, Ja In was walking at the seaside when she sees Jong Kook with Ji Hyo. They were walking and laughing to each other. It was a scene that she didn’t want to see. She admits it she’s really jealous. Then she remembers what he said at the rooftop ‘Just…someone’.

          “Maybe I was right…the one his waiting is Ji Hyo Unnie…But he’s already at the right age to get married…then why do I feel that it isn’t right that he’ll marry someone else?...” Ja In thought.

          Ji Hyo sees her so she wraps her arms around his. Jong Kook looks at her. “She’s watching…” Ji Hyo said. “Who?...” Jong Kook asked and wants to turn his head but Ji Hyo stops him. “Ja In-ah…I told you I’ll help you right?...This is it…Let’s see if she’ll get jealous…” she said.

          “Oh come on Ji Hyo-yah…She won’t fall with that…She’s happy with Ji Sub and that’s okay…” Jong Kook said.

          “Okay?...Did you really mean that?...Oppa…I’ve known you for years…and I know that whatever happens…it was still her…just her…” Ji Hyo said.

          “You were right…but seeing her happy is enough for me…”

          “Such a fool Oppa…Aigooo…” Ji Hyo said.

~~~~~~~~~

          1:00AM, Ja In can’t sleep so she decided to walk at the seaside. She was walking with all thoughts in her head. Then she sees her Hyung, sitting on the sand while looking at the dark view of the ocean.

          “Hyung…” she said.

          Jong Kook looks at her. He stands and walks away but Ja In shouted. “YAH~! KIM JONG KOOK!...” then Jong Kook stops.

          “You’re too much Hyung!...Why you’re avoiding me?!...Did I did something wrong?!...Tell me…” she said and cried.

          Jong Kook tried his best to turn to her but he can’t control his feelings. He turns to her and walks towards her. He pats her back and put her head into his chest. “Hey…Stop crying…Mianhe~…Ja In-ah…” he said.

          “You’re bad Hyung…Why you’re doing this to me?...” she said and hits his chest with her hand.

          Jong Kook faces her. He holds her face and wipes her tears away. “Look Ja In-ah…Things where never the same like the old times…I have to distant myself to you because it might hurt him…You need to understand…I need to do this…”

          “But it’s not right Hyung…He’ll understand…I can’t take it when you’re avoiding me…It hurts me…You’re my friend…my one and only Hyung…” she said.   

          “I’m sorry Ja In-ah…but I need to do this…and you should understand….” Jong Kook said. “Mianhe~…” he said and leaves.