Chapter 2

Never Parted

Minho’s POV:

“What are you doing here?” I spoke to a mild voice, hoping that it wouldn’t reach inside Key’s room. Taemin rolled his eyes being confused. “I changed my shift, remember?” Taemin walked closer on me. “Shhh.” I signed him to minimize his voice for it was already midnight and we shall refrain from going along the corridors unless something bad happens from the persons around here. “Mr. Lee is here.” He pondered. I raised an eyebrow, “How come? It’s almost morning.”

Taemin shrugged. “I heard that he wants to see you, and your patient.” I wondered, snooping. Onew would always visit his cousin in this ward every morning, but not this time.

I followed Taemin through the visitor’s station. When we arrived, Onew was there, sitting blankly on the couch. He notices us and stands up. “Mr. Choi.” He greeted me and smiled. “Too early, huh?”  I poked out. “Please sit.” I ordered and followed his actions afterwards. 

“I had a dream.” Unlike the other days, at this moment, Onew was really serious. He would visit Key in his room immediately but this time, it’s really different. His eyes were sad, and to see him being like that worries me. “What kind of dream?” I asked, trying to catch his eyes.

“He took Key.”

What does he mean?

No one’s POV:

“Then come with me now.”

Key gazed at Jonghyun. His scrutiny was overflowing with hope and joy. “So you mean, I’d be living with you forever?” Key almost cried. Finally, he could be with his boyfriend forever. No more pills, tests and most specially, nurses. He’s already tired dealing with all those stuffs every day. And now, now that his lover finally invites him into eternity, he is more of a happy and contented person.

Jonghyun leaned Key on his shoulder, while Key, embraced Jjong with all his might. He circled his both arms on Jonghyun’s waist and rested his head on the other's chest. Nothing’s more important to them but to be together forever. “I love you, Key. I love you.” Key smiled. “I know Jjong, I know. I love you too.” Jonghyun kissed Key’s hair. Love was overflowing between them.

“Just… Close your eyes... and come with me.” Key followed Jonghyun’s statement.

He closed his eyes and when he opened it, He was no longer in the ward, nor anywhere near it. It was some mental disruption, but it was the time Jonghyun took Key with him. Forever.