Chapter 1

Never Parted

No one’s POV:

“The door. I’ll lock the door.”

Key stood up from the floor aiming the doorknob. Ever since Minho started to interrupt them, he would always, and will make sure that the door from his room is locked. Midnight is the only time he could see his lover.  His little dinosaur was confident that no one could notice him from Key’s room within those hours. And that will be the moment he could go solo with his boyfriend.

“Done?” Jonghyun asked upon following him through the door. He started to wrap his arms around Key’s waist, leaving butterfly kisses on his neck. “Uh yeah.”  Key turns on him, their faces getting closer to each other. “I miss you.” Aiming Key’s lips, the other started to let go. “Why? You wanted this.” Jonghyun started to wonder in confusion. That would be the first time Key ignored his attempt.

“Yes. More than the word "Wants" means. But, after this, you’re going to leave again. Aren’t you staying with me forever?” Key’s face turned pale. Yes, He was with Jonghyun, but what happens after they share the dawn together would always make him lonely.

Key re the floor where he was sitting a while ago. He cuddled himself once again. “You promised that you’ll stay with me forever. But, you are always leaving.” Upon Key’s little disappointment, Jonghyun followed and sat beside him, and scooted closer.

 

Minho’s POV:

I used to hear weird noises every time I would pass into this narrow hallway between white doors. Though, there is someone who bothers me into this particular spot. Those loud whispers of him would always make me wonder, I’m sure, he is talking to someone. I wanted to take care of him, but the way he pushes me away whenever I approach him, makes me upset. I want to take care of him, of Key.

I drifted my ear closer through the door. It’s nearly 12 and I would hear again his voice, being endeared by someone. Ever since I started to force him into sleep on that day, the door from his room is no way to be opened. Not unless I get the keys and open it forcefully.  I would always had this idea that maybe, he can’t move on.

I turned the door knob lightly with my ear trying to stalk within the door. “Locked again?”  I let out a sigh. It’s already midnight and Key was awake again. When will he stop staying this late? As far as I know, Onew never mentioned that Key has insomnia. And I don’t think he has. He would always go to bed early, and the thing is, he would do that so wake up every midnight.

“You promised that you’ll stay with me forever. But, you are always leaving.” I was about to detach myself when he started to talk alone again, or rather, talking to someone again.“Do I?” A voice landed on my ear.  It was clear and I could say that the voice was far from Key’s. His voice was light yet deep, soft and calm, like of a ballad singer. I could tell. I listen to ballad a lot.

“You are…

Jjong, you love me, right?”

Jjong? I continued to listen. This would be the first time I stayed here this long. And this time, I want to know who that person Key was talking to every night.

“Hyung?”  A sweet whisper reached me. I looked back. “Taemin?”