The Outside World

Don't Cry Anymore, I Can Help You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan was comfortable in his apartment he rarely left it if it wasn’t for his best friend Youngjae forcing him to go out of the apartment. The reason was because he had lost his vision at 21 years old he was 23 now. Himchan was driving home when a drunk driver had crashed into his car that night. The driver died at the scene but Himchan survived the car crash. The glass from the car crash had ruined his vision to an extent he couldn’t see very well. At first he couldn’t see much but then things became fuzzy and blurry, when finally he didn’t see a thing everything became dark after a while. When his vision was gone the doctor’s scrambled to help Himchan but they couldn’t so much since his eyes just won’t take to the treatments the doctors were giving him. The worst part of it all was that Himchan saw his vision getting worse and he couldn’t do anything about it. He was helpless and that’s how he reacted to the whole situation he just gave up and became helpless. From the day he lost his vision his parents didn’t want to do deal with Himchan anymore so to get rid of him they set him up in his own apartment and paid his bills. Their prodigy son who couldn’t play traditional music anymore he was dead to them from then on. Himchan swallowed his pride and went away to his apartment he just didn’t want to be in their way anymore. He didn’t want to be in anyone’s way anymore. He just wanted to be alone. That lonely feeling never left Himchan it didn’t help matters by always keeping himself away from the world.

 Youngjae was the only person who helped Himchan get out of his apartment, they agreed once a week Himchan would go outside. Himchan would complain the whole time because he was scared of being outside. Everything was confusing and extremely loud to him he didn’t want to be around it. The blond couldn’t focus on anything people were loud and moved so fast. Cars never stopped in the city and people pushed and shoved him everywhere. It was too much for him.

 Youngjae dressed the blond every time they went out. Himchan usually wore the same outfit every day since he didn’t go out at all. He had 10 shirts the same white color and 10 black sweatpants. He had managed well enough since he memorized his whole apartment with Youngjae’s help. His friend even came almost every day to help him shower Himchan liked being clean. Youngjae because Himchan’s caretaker for the most part he couldn’t abandon someone as broken as Himchan.

“Please don’t make me change,” Himchan wined to the younger male.

“Shut up and wear this,” Youngjae said shoving the clothes into the blond’s hands.

“Tell me what it is,” he said in the end gripping the clothes he had given him.

“It’s a white v-neck with black jeans. I got you some new black boots and white socks. I also have some shades for you to wear,” Youngjae said explain the clothes to the last detail.

He undressed his older friend and helped he get ready for the day. Himchan reverted back into a child when he lost his vision. Youngjae was patient with the blond and helped him as best he could. He set up a lot of things for Himchan every week so he was able to survive. Youngjae understood Himchan and knew him so well, when Himchan was stubborn about anything he would rarely change his mind. He had refused therapy to help him learn how to survive and adapt to the world. Himchan would lock himself in the bathroom at the hospital every time he had to go to therapy. Youngjae finally gave in to the blond’s demands and let him go to an empty apartment to be alone in. When Youngjae offered to stay live with Himchan he refused out right and told him to off. Youngjae couldn’t help it sometimes Himchan really had a way about him like a small puppy with big sad eyes.

“Can you fix my hair?” Himchan asked.

Youngjae smiled softly at how cute Himchan could be in such a state.

“Yes, are you sure you want to go to the café?” Youngjae asked the blond.

“Yeah it’s quiet there. How’s business?” Himchan said feeling his friend style his hair.

“It’s okay, I just hired this new guy kind of dumb but he gets things done,” Youngjae said going into this be story about Jongup th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter