2

Regret

 

A/N: My failed attempt at a chapter. Okay, bye!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Minho's POV
If I could turn back time I would have confessed to you first. I would have made you feel loved, I would have made you fight back harder, and then maybe we both wouldn't be heartbroken. Jonghyun may be an for leaving but I'm no different. I ran away from you when you needed me most and I never even looked back. I hate myself for leaving but even now I'm too much of a coward to go back. I don't want to face the reality that maybe you won't be there if I go back, it would be too much for me to handle, and whose to say I wouldn't follow you? I wouldn't doubt it. I followed you since the day I met you like a loyal puppy following his master. Like how night follows day, how the leaves follow the wind, how Juliette followed Romeo. My heart will always follow you. And that's when realization hit me like lightning. I would go through hell just for you because that's how strong my love is, so why the hell am I sitting here like a drinking my sorrows away. How can I let my fears of losing you overshadow my love for you? What the am I still doing here with these cowards drinking their worries away? You need a man and that's what I'm going to be dammit. I'll be the one you can lean on, I'll be the one to take control when everything becomes too much to handle, and I'll be the one to love you when you need to be loved. Ha, I'll still love you even when you don't need it because that's how selfish I am, but I don't give 2 s. With this new found determination I stumbled out of the uncomfortable bar stool I was sitting on and dashed out of the bar I shamefully ran to to avoid you. But not anymore, I'll no longer be a coward. I'll be a man and face this head on with you. I'll be your man Kibum so stop running away. You don't need to run away anymore, just turn to me when it becomes to much to handle okay? 
"Minho, where the hell have you been?!" Taemin demanded as soon as he saw me running down the hall of the hospital. "I've been trying to call you for an hour! Why the hell did you run off like that?!" Taemin roared as his eyes became glassy. I sighed and pulled my little brother in to a hug. His body was shaking violently as he broke into a hysterical sob. 
"H-How could you…?" Taemin questioned with the most heartbreaking voice. "How could you just leave like that?!"Taemin exclaimed as he pounded on my chest. I just lowered my head in shame and hugged him tighter. 
"I know and I'm sorry. I should have never left but I'm back now, and I'm going to stay here. I'm not going anywhere okay?" I felt him nod against my chest as I rubbed his back soothingly. "He's still doing fine right?" Minho asked expectantly.
"I don't know. The docters are still in there; It's been 4 hours" I just nodded in response and led us to go sit.
"He'll be fine, trust me" I said with conviction.
Key's POV 
"Where am I?" I questioned as I was blinded by a bright light. It was as bright as a summers day but it wasn't hot at all nor was it cold. It was perfect. "That's strange" I thought to myself. I feel fine, more then fine actually, I've never been better. But how? Where's the nausea? The headache? The empty feeling in my chest? I raised my hand to my chest which instead of having a feeling of emptiness I was feeling rather complete.
"Where am I?" I questioned.
"You're dead" a gentle voice answered. The voice was soft, soothing and familiar……
"Grandma?" I whispered not really believing my ears. I totally disregarded what she said and focused on the fact that she was here standing right in front of me. 
"Hello Bummie, how is my precious grandson?" I blinked a few times before throwing myself at her.
"GRANDMA!" I sobbed as I buried my face into her shoulder. I was so happy to see her again; To feel her touch. "I missed you so much!" I began to cry harder as I thought about how my life took a turn for the worst after she died. She practically raised me since birth. Both my parents were always too busy with work and were never home. She was the best thing besides Jonghyun to ever happen in my life. I loved her to death and I nearly killed myself when she died but Minho stopped me before I could even raise the knife. What hurts me the most is that I never came out to her. I wanted her to know the real me but I was also scared to reveal that side of me. Her opinion mattered most to me and it would have killed me if she didn't approve of me. I am grateful at the same time I didn't tell her as well. My parents kicked me out as soon as I told them. It's not like I cared though. It's sad to say but I didn't really think of them as my parents. Jonghyun took me in right away. 
"I missed you too Bummie. But I never truly left, I always watched over you" my grandma said as she rubbed my back. I missed her warmth so much it just brought more tears to my eyes. 
"Listen to me Bummie" my grandma said as she pulled away and put my face into her hands. "It is not your time yet, you have to go back" she said looking at me in the eye.
"Go back……What?! No!" I shrieked as I finally registered the words she first spoke onto me. "I don't want to go back! I waited so long for this, I can't go back! Please don't make me go back..." my voice cracked as I begged her to let me stay. There was nothing to go back to so why was she asking me to go?
"Listen to me Bummie, there is still a lot of things you have to do. There are people who need you" I scoffed.
"Who needs me? The only person I loved left me to die" I said bitterly. I avoided using the the word "man" since she still didn't know I was gay.
"When did my grandson become such an idiot?" I gasped at her words.
"Grandma!"
"He obviously didn't deserve your love if he just left you like that. You deserve better then that and you know it. Where did my diva go? The Bummie I knew would have never gave him the time of day!" She scolded.
"He? Who said it was a boy?" My grandmother rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh showing exactly who I got my diva personality from.
"What? Do you take me for an idiot? I knew you were gay ever since you stole my tampon when you were eight because you thought you were on your period. Not to mention you wearing eyeliner. Don't tell me that doesn't just scream '!'" My face grew hot in embarrassment from the memory of myself thinking I was on my period. 
"You knew?" I asked shocked.
"Ofcourse I knew! I was just waiting for you to tell me when you were ready, and I just want to let you know that I don't love you any less. You're still the same old Bummie I always loved" she said warmly.
"Grandma…" I couldn't speak, this is what I've wanted to hear all my life. Her acceptance. "I love you so much" I said as I cried into her shoulder.
"I love you too, but you have to go back. There is someone waiting for you. That poor frog is worried sick"
"Frog?"
"Minho, he needs you now" she answered.
"What does he need me for?" I said confused.
"My grandson is an idiot" she sighed causing me to pout.
"Yah…" I whined.
"I still don't know how you chose that dwarf over Minho" she rambled.
"Grandma, what are you talking about?" She just let out another sigh before answering.
"He's in love with you! He's always loved you but was too much of a coward to confess" she said in exasperation.
"I-I never knew" I said baffled.
"I really don't see how you never realized it" she rolled her eyes before sighing. 
"You need to open your eyes and see what is right in front of you. Even though he never confessed, his love screamed through his actions. You were the only one he looked at, the only one he thought about, the only one he loved…" my grandmother trailed off putting emphasis on her pity towards Minho.
"You were his first and only love" 
"What? How do you even know this?" I questioned not truly believing her yet. I mean he was my best friend, I would have noticed if he had feelings for me.
"Because I watched over him too. I saw how he acted around you and it peeked my interest. Anyways, you need to go back before he does anything stupid" my eyes flew wide in shock.
"He wouldn't!" I said in disbelief.
"Have you not been listening to a single word I said? He loves you!" I sat there thinking for a while. I'm really not sure if he has those feelings for me, but I am sure it would be my biggest regret if I didn't take the chance of stopping him from committing suicide because of me. The thought alone shot a pang of urgency throughout my body.
"I need to get back to him!" I exclaimed.
"That's what I've been trying to tell you silly" she smiled warmly. 
"How do I get back though?" I questioned. 
"Don't I get a goodbye hug first? Geez, kangarood" I laughed at my grandma and enveloped her in an embrace. I closed my eyes and savored her scent, and warmth. 
"I really am proud of you Bummie. I love you"
"I love you too" I whispered as a lone tear rolled down my face.