Final

Not So Romantic Proposal

baekhyun opens the door to his and chanyeol's shared apartment. the atmosphere's a little bit different. the yellow lamps are dimmed, some aromatheraphy candles are lit, giving peace and bringing serenity to baekhyun's tired body. the heat of the room's soothing and baekhyun sighs happily. it's not the best day to be outside. the streets are covered with mountains of snow and everywhere's white white white. but what makes baekhyun's brows crease is chanyeol's absence. no booming shouts from the giant welcoming baekhyun and no bone-crashing hugs. it's really unusual since the giant would usually wait baekhyun in the living room in front of his laptop with his oversized specs resting low on his nose, or running to baekhyun and giving him a peck -- or pecks -- on wherever the giant wants.

 

baekhyun kinda misses this routine because it's the one and only thing making all the weariness in his bones evaporated. it would be perfect to cuddle with the giant a little bit after walking in the almost zero degree afternoon and feeling nothing on his fingertips. but where's the giant again? he opens the door to their room and changes his clothes to his pajamas while calling for chanyeol even though there's no answer. he wonders if it's one of chanyeol's antiques; going somewhere in the freezing temperature and leaving the candles lit up. does he not know candles can burn a whole apartment? baekhyun shivers by the thoughts of their burning apartment just because one particular idiot giant leaving them lit up with no clear reasons, then blows the candles out.

 

"chanyeol? baby?" baekhyun calls out while searching in the whole apartment starting from their room and ended in the bathroom. still no sign of chanyeol. no note from the giant attached on the fridge with his favorite captain america magnet. "where on earth are you yeol? dont you know it's dead freezing outside?" he grabs his phone and speed-dialing chanyeol. a few seconds after that, he hears a muffled voice of justin bieber's singing "baby baby baby oooh~" -- yeah it's chanyeol's ringtone set by sehun a.k.a bieber's biggest fanboy -- under the square pillows on the living room couch. baekhyun clucks his tongue and grabs chanyeol's phone before ending the call. "always forgetting his phone, typical giant."

 

baekhyun decides to just wait in the living room, limbs all over the couch covered by his disney's princess rapunzel blanket, too tired to do anything. chanyeol must be outside buying takeouts since today is his turn to cook -- he actually NEVER, EVER cooks, which baekhyun happily agrees on because he doesnt wanna die young -- and get distracted by some shops selling things that arent so important but chanyeol likes to buy (he once bought half a dozen set of rubik's cube with different colors which finally stolen by luhan, the rubik's maniac, and almost got the chinese's left arm dislocated when chanyeol found his not-so-important-missing toys at luhan's).

 

baekhyun pulls the blanket up to his chin and almost drifts off to sleep when he hears the connecting door to the balcony opened, revealing the red-faced chanyeol pouting. he practically jumps some inches seeing chanyeol in white tux holding a bouquet of flowers but with snot running from his nose.

 

"chan-"

 

"baek!!" chanyeol cuts, "why dont you look for me? it's freaking freezing outside and you let me wait for almost half an hour. i'm sure i'll catch a cold."

 

"you - where? ah right, the balcony." baekhyun stammers. "sorry, giant. i did look for you, but i really didnt think you'd be in the balcony waiting for me. last time i checked, you didn't tell me to meet you at the balcony after work." baekhyun grins and makes a peace sign before walking to chanyeol and wraps him with hug. "shoot yeol you're freezing. you should've waited inside."

 

"but it was supposed to be a surprise, baek!" chanyeol whines. "you were supposed to find me at the balcony and we'd have a romantic early dinner there and then i'd say my lines and you'd be crying an ugly but cute cry hugging me all night." his pout soon turns into a frown.

 

"what do you mean? i-i'm sorry yeol. okay let's have a, what did you say? romantic early dinner? okay?" baekhyun pats chanyeol's cheeks. the giant's still frowning so baekhyun pecks his lips that earns a beam from chanyeol. he immediately pulls baekhyun toward the balcony, and yeah it's freaking cold outside, and baekhyun has to convince chanyeol to just eat inside or else they'll really catch a cold and die together in the apartment without no one knowing.

 

chanyeol takes the foods from the balcony and then lights the candles again. they prop on the living room couch instead of the dining room, shoulder to shoulder and tickling each other's ankle with their toes that rested on the table in front of them. they only decide to stop when chanyeol almost falls down from the couch and spills a little bit of his wine on it earning a glare from baekhyun.

 

after the (failed) romantic dinner -- with baekhyun in his pj's and the giant in his tux -- chanyeol keeps fidgeting and his hands are trembling. baekhyun places his back hand on chanyeol's forehead to check his temperature because maybe he's caught a cold already, but chanyeol grabs baekhyun's hand and kneels in front of him. chanyeol takes the roses from the coffee table and gives it to baekhyun with a nervous smile, earning a soft smile from baekhyun.

 

"thanks, channie." baekhyun hugs him happily. "is it the surprise?" he giggles.

 

"there's another thing." a glimpse of nervousness is obvious in chanyeol's voice.

 

baekhyun raises his brows while chanyeol's hand's stumbling in his backpocket, fishing a little velvet box. a gasp let out from baekhyun's mouth when chanyeol opens the box and reveals a couple of rings with little infinity symbol.

 

"will you marry me, baek baby?"

 

 

 

and baekhyun cries an ugly but cute cry

 

 

 

 

A/N : write this with my phone, so yeah pls deal with the capital letters and other things. I'VE FIXED THE PARAGRAPH THINGY!!! YEEYYY YIPPIEEE!

comments, subscribes, upvotes are very welcomed. yuhuuu thank you~ /hugs/