MASQUERADE BALL

"추억"

Their days became normal after Niel and Sina's incident. Niel started his strategy again to get Sina's love. Everyday Niel would pick her up to school, brought some lunches to eat together *ini kebalik bener yak*, accompanied her in the club activities and many more. On weekend, Niel would asked Sina to go with him to spend the night outside, since Byunghun and Minsoo were having a date with their girlfriend. Niel likes to take Sina to the park near Han River because for him, Sina looks beautiful under the lights there, especially when there was fireworks. Niel loves to see Sina's awe-face and can't stop looking at her. Sina noticed that Niel always looked at her with a deep-love gaze and her heart would beating faster than before whenever she looked into his eyes. Niel also loves to sing for Sina since Sina said to him that she loves Niel's voice. He would always bring guitar to Han River and played Sina's favorite songs. 

 

Sina then realized that Niel really loves her - also her heart is completely full of Niel's sweetness. She rarely talked to her friends about how she felt towards Niel because she knew that they would make fun of her for not believing what they have said. In fact, Yoori and Yoomi already knew her heart but they kept acting like they didn't know anything and acted like they didn't give a to what Niel and Sina did. 

 

Until one day, on valentine day, Niel wanted to do his confession to Sina. Fortunately, the school made an event to celebrate Valentine so it made Niel easier to do his confession. There would be a Grand Masquerade Ball in school's hall. Everyone there must got their date or else they couldn't go to the ball. It was easy for Minsoo and Byunghun to go to the ball since they had their date already. Niel would ask Sina and Chanhee, still lost with what should he do to get a date. None of the girls attracted his eyes, except for Yoomi and Yoori. Every girls there were waiting for Chanhee or Niel, so some of the guys who had asked them to be their date were turned down. 

 

"HYUNG!! I heard that TOP High School will have a ball?!", Changhyun asked.

"Yeah.... Why?! Don't tell us that you want to co-", Byunghun answered while texting Yoori.

"YES!!! YES!!!! I WANT TO GO!!!", Changhyun exclaimed.

"But you should bring your date there, or you can't go in", Minsoo said while reading a comic.

"WHAT?! NOT FAIR!!!"

"You want to come?!", Chanhee asked.

"YES!!! But I can't"

"Dress-up as a girl and become my date"

 

All eyes looked at Chanhee - disbelief. Minsoo's room became silent in an instant. 

 

"THE HELL, HYUNG!!! NOOOOO~!!!!", Changhyun screamed and stayed away from Chanhee.

"Well, then. I won't come to the ball either", Chanhee said, changing the TV's channels.

"Hyung... Don't tell me that you have lost your interest in girls and you....... falling in love with m-"

"IYUWWWWWWWHHHHH~!!!! IN YOUR DREAMS, YOO CHANGHYUN!!!". Chanhee cringed, threw a pillow to Changhyun's face.

 

***

 

The next day, Niel used the event in school to ask Sina to be his date. There was an event where they could send a love letter or love note to someone they like with a balloon and the organizers would give it to the person directly. 

 

Niel recorded his voice to a mini teddy bear's keychain and he asked the organizer to put the keychain into the balloon along with a love note. He wrote Sina's name on the balloon and people were starting to get jealous especially the girls. The organizers finally took the balloon to Sina's classroom. Minsoo who sat with Sina woke up from his slumber sleep. He smirked and then back to his dreamland. 

 

Sina looked at the balloon in front of her. She had this confused look as the others (even the teacher) said to her to pop-out the balloon. Niel who was watching it in front of her class with Yoomi and Byunghun felt nervous. Finally, Sina took her scissors and pop-up the balloon. 

 

A keychain was falling down with a note. She read the note which had, "Press the teddy's heart" written on it. She felt more confuse as she push the heart of the teddy.

 

"Noona!! It's me Niel~ Hehehe.. Whoah, I know I'm shy.....Uhhh... Uhmmm... Ah, ottohkae?! Aigoo~ Ottohkae?! Okay!! So.... Noona, do you want to be my date for the ball tomorrow?! Aaaaahhh~ I said it!!! OMO!! It's embarassing!! Would you then, noona?!"

 

Yoomi and Byunghun looked at Niel with what-the--was-that-Niel face. Minsoo even choked on his sleep after hearing Niel's recorded voice. Niel just stratched his head while blushing. Sina also blushed really hard. She didn't expected that Niel would ask her like this - quite embarassing but sweet for her. Yoomi and Byunghun pushed Niel to enter Sina's class. All eyes looked at him, except Minsoo who was sleeping.

 

Niel walked towards Sina awkwardly. Sina couldn't control her heartbeat which went crazy because of this boy in front of her. Suddenly, Niel took Sina's hand.

 

"Noona, would you?!"

"Uhhh~"

"Would you?!", Niel pouted and gave her his puppy eyes.

"OH MY GOODNESS NIEL!!!! OKAY, I WILL!!", Sina couldn't control herself from Niel's aegyo.

"YAHOO~~!!!!!!", Niel screamed, made Minsoo woke up from his high-pitch voice.

 

Byunghun and Yoomi facepalmed their face. Which guy will ask his crush to be his date with aegyo?! The answer is Ahn Daniel. They walked together back to their class.

 

"I thought he would sing for Sina", Yoomi pouted.

"I thought that too!! Pabo dongsaeng. We're skipping class just for nothing then", Byunghun protested.

"Eiiiii~ But at least it still sweet, y'know", Yoomi said.

 

***

 

The night of the ball had come. The girls dressed-up prettily. The boys looked handsome with their mask. When they came one by one, people hung their mouth open to see the "famous" couples in TOP High School. The first one to arrive was Byunghun and Yoori couple. Yoori wore a sleeveless sapphire blue mini dress and Byunghun wore a blue tuxedo. The next couple to arrive was Niel and Sina. Sina wore a red ruby long dress with a red gloves while Niel wore a white suit with red tie. The last couple to arrive was Minsoo and Yoomi. Yoomi wore a backless black long dress while Minsoo wore a black tuxedo with lavender in his suit's pocket.

 

The people there admired them. They looked so fabulous with their dresses. They gathered together as one group and talked to each other - made the others envy them. All guys eyed Yoomi and Yoori's body made their boyfriend felt uncomfortable with their gaze. Minsoo took-off his jacket and gave it to Yoomi - covered her exposed back. Byunghun also took his jacket off and give it to Yoori to cover her exposed arms. 

 

On the other hand, Niel and Sina already on the dance floor, following the music. Surprisingly, they could dance waltz together. This was the first time their friends saw and acknowledged it. Byunghun then asked Yoori if she wanted to join him on the dance floor. Yoori accepted his hand and they swayed along the music. Minsoo gazed his girlfriend but Yoomi shaked her head, telling him that she didn't want to dance. He just gave her a smile, understanding what she wanted.

 

The party was so good with all the nice food and nice love songs played all night long. It's the time for announcing the best couple for the night. Everyone felt nervous especially Niel. He had another plan. When the MCs were ready to announce the best couple, suddenly the lights made their way to Niel. 

 

"Uhh..... Hello, guys~ Ahahahaha~ Uhh... Sorry for interrupting our moments here but can I say a few words?! Just few words"

 

They just nodded since they knew where was this will be going to. Niel climbed up to the stage and suddenly he sang Sina's favorite song. 

 

"Moon Sina noona. I have liked you since the first time we met. I love your smiles and I love to hear your voices echoing in my head. I want to make it simple so, *Niel sang a few line of TVXQ's Would you be my girlfriend* noona, can you please accept my fragile heart which is only beating for you?!"

 

Once again, Minsoo choked, followed by Byunghun. "He is so cheesy!! Oh my goodness!!", Byunghun protested in the back.

 

The lights then started to shine only on Sina's spot. She was crying. Yes, she was crying because she was happy to hear that confession from a guy she loves for the first time. She nodded her head and Niel came to her, wiped her tears and whispered, "I love you too" while hugging her.

 

"So, yeah~ Let's clap for the new couple in TOP High School!!!", the MCs said awkwardly. 

 

The ball was already met the end. Everyone was going home and there left Sina with Niel.

 

"Since you are my boyfriend now, can I ask you some pretty little tiny request?!"

"Sure!!"

"Stop that aegyo of yours, okay?!"

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"You want me to die faster?? I can't handle your aegyo, Niel!!! You're too cute!!!"

"HAHAHAHA!!! Okay, then I also have one condition"

"What??"

"Kiss me!"

 

"________________________"

 

"Aisshhhhh~!!! That pabo dongsaeng!!!", Byunghun whispered.

"Sina will pu-", Yoori said.

"WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~!!!!!", Minsoo, Yoomi, Yoori and Byunghun shrieked with what just they saw.