MAKE IT UP

"추억"

Sina made a decision to ignore Niel too after having a talk with Yoomi and Yoori that night. She wanted to make sure that what Yoomi and Yoori had said that night was not true about her falling in love with Niel. She believed that she only liked Niel as a younger brother. She thought if Niel hated her, she would be back off from Niel's sight.

 

Whenever she met Niel, she would avoid his eyes, pretended that she didn't know him. It broke Niel's heart more, but what could he say since he was the one who started it. He watched Sina from a far everyday even in their club activities. Sina totally didn't talk to Niel in the club. Even though she was laughing happily with the others there, her heart felt heavy for losing someone who always there for her before and that person was actually was around her everyday. She could feel his presence near her and it made her heart torn more. 

 

On the recess time, Sina would always ran away from her friends to the library. She just didn't want to see Niel. Well of course Yoomi and Yoori were busy with their boyfriend and it made her left with Chanhee and Niel only. She could talk to Chanhee but she didn't want to since they would be surrounded by girls. At least, in the library she could feel peace around her - no death-glares towards her anymore. She could study more there. Her sunbaes in the club felt happy to see the smartest girl in their school finally joined them in the library in break-time. 

 

Niel, on the other hand, also felt like something had been taken away from him. If he ignored her the past days, Sina would still greet him with her pretty smile. Now, he felt empty inside his heart. Those smiles couldn't be seen around him anymore and he missed that so much. He missed her voice. But still, he didn't want her to be hurted by those girls. He was almost crying again just by thinking how hurt Sina would be if they became more closer.

 

"What are you thinking, Niel?! Sina?!", Byunghun came up to his room.

"Ye- Hey!! You should knock first, hyung!!", Niel protested.

"I always come like this, Niel. Have you forgotten?!", Byunghun scoffed while sat on Niel's bed.

"Isssh~ Always!"

"So, mind to tell me what did you think just now?!"

"Don't you have a date with Yoori noona?!", Niel tried to change the topic.

"She has another appointment with her family. YA!! Don't try to change the topic!!"

"Hyung always rude~"

"I know you want to cry. Loose that mask on your face!", Byunghun eyed him deeply.

 

That night, Niel bursted all of his problems out to Byunghun. He nearly cried but he was best at holding back his tears. He told Byunghun everything that his heart felt these past days when Sina was finally avoiding him.

 

"First, can I say that it is your fault?! You are the one who started this, Niel. Every girl would feel the same as Sina's heart if a guy they're closed with ignoring them suddenly. Yoori told me that she thought that you hate her!"

"But I don't hate her"

"BUT YOU ACTED LIKE ONE WHENEVER SHE WAS AROUND YOU!! Duh~?!"

"I... Okay. This is really my fault"

"Good if you realized that!! Now second, what have you seen when you are with me, Yoori, Minsoo and Yoomi?!"

"Ck.... LOVEY-DOVEY acts"

"YA!! We are in relationships so of course we will act like that!! Another things around us?!"

"Chanhee hyung's jealous face?!"

"This kid.... HOW CAN I HELP YOU IF YOU ARE THIS STUPID?!"

"THEN WHAT?! Stop yelling, hyung!!"

"Isssh~ Have you seen Yoomi and Yoori in trouble with the girls in school?!"

"Nope..."

"THAT'S IT!!!! Three of them are quite popular at school so don't worry!! No one will brave enough to hurt Sina!!"

 

Niel thought about it all-night long. It was true that Yoori and Yoomi never got bullied by the girls who like them, the boys. He then just realized that the three of the girls were the school's pride so of course none of them would get hurt. But he still felt jealous with Sina's popularity. Many boys liked her too. He then snapped out. Yoomi also popular among her sunbaes but Minsoo could "snatch" her away from those sunbaes. He called Minsoo who was with Yoomi at the moment. He asked Minsoo how he felt to date someone who also had many fans in her club.

 

After hearing Minsoo's answer, Niel then made a plan to make things up with Sina. He wanted to apologize to her and wanted to start everything with Sina from the beginning again. It would be hard for him.

 

"Hyung, I need your help"

 

***

 

Next day, Sina could see Niel waiting in front of her door. Her heart started to beating normal again - past days she had a lifeless heart. Yoomi - Minsoo and Yoori - Byunghun could be seen near Niel as they were peeking. Sina rolled her eyes and got ready to go down - go to school with her childish friends. She walked outside and was greeted by Niel. The next thing she do was calling Yoomi and Yoori to come out from their hiding, ignored Niel. His heart crushed to see his crush completely ignored him. It was his fault though.

 

Yoomi and Yoori then came out with Byunghun and Minsoo. Sina dragged the girls to the bus-stop. On their way, they met Chanhee who just went out from his house to go to school with the boys. Sina then dragged Chanhee away too. Chanhee looked at Yoomi and Yoori - asked if something happen. The girls just smiled awkwardly as Sina gave a glare to them, made them went silent. 

 

      Started from that day, Niel always waited for Sina outside her house but never got respond from Sina everytime he greeted her. Next strategy he used was write a note to Sina and he put it in her locker. Sina read all of the notes but all of them could be found inside the trashbin after school. Sina was really mad at Niel because for her it meant Niel played with her heart. She hated things like that. 

 

Niel didn't give up. With all of his strength, he would always ran after Sina every morning but once again totally being ignored by Sina. Their friends were give up and just watched them from a far. Yoomi and Yoori tried to talk to Sina that Niel felt guilty and wanted to apologize but Sina was so stubborn - kept telling them that she didn't want to forgive him. 

 

All guys who were Sina's fans started to bully Niel as they didn't want to see Niel came closer to Sina. Sina noticed that and she felt guilty. Same things went to Sina. Niel's fans started threatening her with black-mail. Their friends couldn't help much more as Niel didn't want them to be involved in his problems. He didn't want to see his hyungs and noonas which were being happy with the relationships they had right now, turned into things like him - black mail for the noonas and bullying for the hyungs. He took the risks just for himself since it was his fault.  

     

Sina's credits became worse. Her rank was dropped too much. The teachers felt confuse with her drastic decreased. Sina's parents were called by the headmaster. Niel saw that from a far. He was mad at himself for making all of these things happened to both of them. Now, he just need Sina's forgiveness but how?!

 

Niel couldn't take it anymore as he saw how Sina suffered from all of those threatened black mail. He was so mad and decided to spilled everything out to Sina. He dragged Sina to the studio where the School's Radio aired. All eyes glued on them, even their friends.

 

"YA!!! LET ME GO!!! LET ME GO!!!! IT HURTS!!!! LET ME GOOOOO!!!!!"

 

Niel the radio's devices until the 'ON AIR' lamp was on. Everyone in the school could hear Niel's heavy breath as he almost started to cry.

 

"SINA NOONA I'M SO SORRY!!!!!", he kneeled in front of Sina. Sina was shock with this sudden action of Niel.

 

"I'M SO SORRY THAT I IGNORED YOU THESE DAYS!!! I AM A FOOL THAT IS BLIND BY LOVE!!!"

 

"He said it!!! Oh my gosh!! He said it!!!", Yoori smacked Byunghun's arms - listened to the confession.

 

"Niel.. Wh-"

"YES!!!! I AM A FOOL THAT GOT JEALOUS JUST BY LOOKING AT HOW POPULAR YOU ARE WITH GUYS IN THE CLUB!!! I AM A FREAK THAT CAN'T SEE SOMEONE I LOVE SURROUNDED BY GUYS!!!!", Niel started to cry. "I FEEL THAT I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!! I'M NOT THAT SMART AS YOU OR AS THE GUYS THERE!!!! I FEEL I AM NOT COMPATIBLE TO BE WITH YOU THAT'S WHY I IGNORED YOU!!! I--"

 

"STOP!! Stop it!!", Sina cried.

"I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL WHEN I IGNORED YOU WHEN YOU IGNORED ME TOO!! I UNDERSTAND!!! IT HURTS ME!!! IT REALLY HURTS MY HEART!!!"

 

"NIEL, I SAID STOP!!!"

"I WON'T STOP UNTIL I FINISHED EVERYTHING!!! WHEN I SAW YOUR GRADES BECAME WORSE, I WAS MAD AT MYSELF FOR MAKING YOU LIKE THIS, NOONA!!! I ALSO CAN'T BEAR TO SEE YOU SUFFERED FROM THOSE GIRLS WHO BLACK-MAILED YOU JUST BECAUSE OF ME!!! I--"

 

"AHN DANIEL!!!! JUST STOP IT!!!", Sina hugged him. "Stop it!! Please stop"

 

Both of them cried in the studio while the teachers were already knocked hard on the studio which is locked by Niel. Niel cried on Sina's arms while Sina cried with hugging him tight - Niel's hair. Their friends still shocked with his sudden confession. Yoomi just sat still in the cafeteria with Minsoo who hung his mouth open, not believing with what just happened. Yoori and Byunghun followed the teachers.

 

 "Noona I'm so sorry"

"Sssh~ I'm sorry too for ignoring you"

"But I was the one who started it"

"Okay okay. That's enough. At least I know now the reason behind why you ignored me. Thank you so much for your honesty"

"Then?!"

"Huh?!"

"You forgive me right?!"

"Of course!"

 

They smiled each other. Niel wiped Sina's tears with his thumb. They went out from the studio and were greeted by the angry teachers. Niel apologized to the teachers as he said that his problem almost killed him if he didn't get any forgiveness from Sina. Sina was blushing hard, listened to what Niel just said. The teachers scoffed at him and finally let them go.

 

They were greeted by their friends outside the teachers' room. All of them squealed, shrieked and screamed to greet them. Yoori and Yoomi made fun of Sina while the boys made fun of Niel.

 

"Ya~!!! Ahn Daniel is a man after all!!", Byunghun patted Niel's shoulder.

"Am I not?!", Niel pissed off.

"HAHAHAHAHA!!! LOOK AT YOUR FACE!!! Niel is crying~", Chanhee exclaimed.

"Noona~!! I'm so sorry~", Minsoo re-enacted Niel's line.

 

"So?! You accepted it?!", Yoomi asked with a big grin on her face.

"YES!!! TELL US!!", Yoori felt excited.

"Uhh.... Accepted what?!"

 

0______________________________________0

 

"MOON SINA!!!! JEBALLL~~~!!!!!!!!"