Unexpected Rescue 1

I am not an ornament

 

“If he is really cool like you say, bring him to my birthday party.”

 

Jiyong's word keeps ringing nonstop in my head.

 

“If you lie and not come, I will hunt you down and you will know what shame looks like. No one can hurt my pride and get away without any requital.”

 

I. Am. Totally. Screwed.
 

 

Where on earth that can I find a guy that is cooler, more attractive and charismatic than the all mighty famous G-Dragon?
It’s not only that he must have a handsome face and beautiful figure, but he has to be stylish and fashionable. But darn, let's face the fact. Who on earth can be more swank than the trendy G-dragon who are well-known for recently conquering the fashion world.

 

But what did I complain about his style? Sissy. Flamboyant.

And I even insulted his stage name!

Oh my freaking god. Kang Daesung, you are so dead this time.

 

 

 

It has been one week since that incident between Jiyong and me happened. However, I have not heard anything from him yet. Not surprisingly, hectic schedule is always a big problem of celebrities. Even I sometimes cannot find a free time to enjoy my cappuccino in the morning.

 

 

Well, at least it can be considered as a good news. The bad news is that I have not found a solution for the birthday party which possibly can happen anytime in next month or the month after. If I do not have the so called TOP guy to show Jiyong, I rather drown myself at Han River than having my own picture hanged on the hall of lame in his apartment.

 

 

It is not that I haven't thought of asking the contact company to get the information about the model; however, all I've got back is very abstract. Seems like they do not sign a proper contract with him, but a graphic designer in the company has taken the original picture from his acquaintant photographer and worked to make it into the commercial. Or something similar to that. Long story. It gives me a headache, really. However, I bet that it is only the excuse to avoid the complicating process they have to go through to find the information I need. Well, it seems like Jiyong was right: my reputation has been decreasing lately.

 

 

 

I cannot help but let out a long an audible sigh, silently cursing the bastard in my head. Taking my only-one-left white shirt out of the closet, I make a mental note to remind myself of taking the pile of dirty clothes to the laundry today. Passing through the bathroom, a pair of tired eyes with seriously huge eye bags glare at me when I look at the mirror and my usually soft, fluffy and styled hair is now all  ruffed, tangled and wildly sticking out everywhere. Viewing my zombie-like state, an annoyed groan bursts out my mouth. When did I become this exhausted, not to mention that pathetic look of mine? It only has been a week or so.

 

Raising my head to take a close look at myself again, I stare at my weary face, trailing my point finger along the contour of my face reflection on the mirror.

Innocent?

Cute?

 

A poignant ache scratches my heart whenever that recalls in my mind. Clenching both of my hands on the cold counter, a bitter smile forms on my lips. So, that is how my story ends. Such an unexpected twist to me. Such a painful plot it is.

 

 

The more I think about it, the more pathetic I feel for myself.

The more I think about it, the more exasperated I feel for Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

Walking out of the house, I head to the office. I need to finish the work on some pictures for next month issue. The office is not far from my apartment; it only takes me twenty minutes to walk through the park and pass by some blocks until I reach to where I work. Holding my camera and walking on the pathway, I start to set my mind at ease. This park is my favorite place to grab some peace on busy days. It is also my secret place to catch some precious glimpse of daily Soul's life. A couple pass me by, hand in hand. Their happy smiles and entwined stares on each other catch my eyes; I cannot help but turn back to watch them walking together with their laced fingers. We was like them. Tears start to build up in my eyes. All the blissful moments rush back within a second. Little did I know they were built on LIES. Closing my eyes to the scene, I try to focus on where I am going to, hoping all the memories to disappear.

 

 

Tracing my eyes along with my steps, I keep whispering my mantra to hold my concentration. “You have to make it to the office. You have to finish the project. And then you have to send the completed files to YoungBae.”

Wait. YoungBae!

No way. Why haven’t I thought about my brother sooner? YoungBae! He is the one who has the most connection in the celebrity world in my list. He definitely have a way to find out the TOP guy who I am desperately looking for. With his fame and connection, YoungBae will be able to get the information for me. That’s it! I curse myself for my stupidity. Pulling out the cell phone, I eagerly hit the button to call YoungBae. The phone keeps ringing ignoring my impatience; finally a familiar tired voice answer.

 

“Hello…?”

“Hyung!!”

“Daesung-ah...What are you calling me for? Have you finished checking the files for me yet? I need it soon…” Young Bae sounds like he’s just woken up.

“I know, I will send it to you later. Don't worry, ok? Hyung, do you remember the new contact lense commercial from Yang Goon? The Monster line?”

“Urgh…Which one is that? My brain is really foggy right now. I've just slept for one hour, I had to stay up the whole night finishing all the work…Wait, is it the striking one with the pair of different colored eyes you have been non-sensely talking about?”

“It is! Hyung, do you know any information about the model of that commercial?”

“I am afraid that I don't. But you can ask for it through their company right?”

“I’ve tried but they do not let me through! It's just a long story and I really need to meet that model before the end of next month!”

“For what Daesung-ah? If you really need a model for the new issue you can ask Jiyong..”

“We broke up.”

Silence. I can imagine Young Bae is gasping shockingly at the other end of the line.

“...Hyung is sorry, Daesungie. But even so, you still can find another one. I mean, the model!”

“Yes, and I need to find that model from Yang Goon's company as soon as possible. I need him to be my boyfriend.” I sigh.

“....I know this is the hard time for you. Heart-broken time is always a difficult thing. I know how you feel, but are you really that...desperate?”

I choke at my brother's reply.

“No! You don't understand, hyung. I will tell you everything later when I get to the office so no more question, ok? Now, can you find that information for me pretty please? If you want those files sent to you in the right time.”

“Serious? Are you threatening your own brother?”

“No, I am saying that just in case. And I love you.”

“Where is my innocent little bro? When did you become this evil?”

“That's called growing up, Hyung.”

“This brat. I will get back at you later. Alright, I will call you if I get anything.”

“Thanks, hyung!”

 

Pressing the end button on the phone, I let out a relief sigh. It just seems like I sigh a lot these days, I chuckle at my thought. The little talk with Young Bae does light up my mood a little bit. I totally pin my hopes on Young Bae, although it is just a flimsy light of hope to detect that TOP guy before Jiyong's birthday coming. Well at least now I have something to hang on. But even when Young Bae is able to get him, I don't  have a faintest idea of how to convince the guy to date me, or at least pretend to be. I literally want to drown myself in the Han River right now.

 

 

As I am lost in thought, a loud clunk startle me. It seems to emit from a baseball bat hitting hard wall surface. I stop and listen. The sounds of laughter, shout, and cry catch all my attention.

“Please…”

I retreat couple steps and lean back to peek through the side of the brick wall that leads to small alley. A group of boys dressing as thugs holding bats in their hands, keep laughing crudely and gathering around a boy who is crying and begging hopelessly.  

“I told you that I don't know..!!”

“Please…Let me go…”