North & South

North & South
 
 
 
 
 
They are polar opposites, Jessica is sure of that. While Jessica prefers waking up to birds chirping or simply quiet mornings, she has Tiffany who would blast music as early as 5AM in the morning. It was a way to keep Tiffany awake but it gave Jessica quite a bit of a headache. Jessica never minded though. The headaches dies down once she reaches the college ground.
 
 
 
 
They have two separate tables for themselves. The right is for Jessica and the left is for Tiffany. Just like how the right bed belongs to Jessica and the left bed belongs to Tiffany. The distance between them as they study are not that much. Sometimes, Jessica finds her elbow getting knocked at when Tiffany crosses over with her body to borrow her textbooks. Jessica often gets annoyed by this but a smile and an adorable apology from Tiffany is all that is needed to calm her again.
 
 
 
 
Jessica rather watch action movies. They gave her an adrenaline rush and she most often wishes to be like the main character. Tiffany prefers watching cartoons that often ends with a moral that Jessica won’t even think of. Tiffany sobs when a fictional character dies and Jessica finds herself soothing the younger girl till she fell asleep in her arms. Jessica always wonder what was so sad or remarkable about the fictional character. The only time Jessica ever cried for a movie was when a dog who is a close buddy to the main character died in action. And that was when she was 9-years-old.
 
 
 
 
When the lights went off, Jessica rather sleep with her body (head included) tucked under the blanket. The air con is cranked up and Jessica just loves it when it’s cold. Tiffany, on the other hand, sleeps with the blanket completely off of her and most often complain about the temperature. Jessica often finds herself awake in the middle of the night by Tiffany’s soft nudges and warm breath.
 
 
 
 
“Jessi, it’s too cold.” Tiffany would complain.
 
 
 
 
With a groan and a huff, Jessica would search blindly for the remote control and adjust the temperature. Tiffany would pipe up a ‘Thanks!’ and would snuggle into her pillows the next second. While Jessica lay awake for the next half an hour, wondering if she should readjust the temperature to her liking. In the end, she would push her blanket lower, cross her arm and drift off to sleep.
 
 
 
 
Jessica likes spending the weekend in bed. Tiffany likes the spending the weekend out of the dorm and into the sunny day.
 
 
 
 
“It’s just shopping!” The outgoing girl would say, pulling at the hand of Jessica Jung.
 
 
 
 
Jessica would groan and push her head deeper into the comforts of her pillow.
 
 
 
 
“Fine! I will go by myself then.” Tiffany would give up in the end.
 
 
 
 
Jessica would smile at that but then a thought caused her to frown. Tiffany is an attractive girl. There was not a stop to the amount of boys who would come forward and compliment on her good looks and most often confess their liking for her. Jessica had a fair bit of her own but she is not interested in boys. She guessed, however, that Tiffany is as straight as a pole, considering her dating history. If Tiffany were to go to the mall alone, she would attract the attention of most of the male population there.
 
 
 
 
“Wait, wait, I’m coming.” Jessica mutter as she groggily gets to her feet.
 
 
 
 
There had to be someone who would put a stop to the drooling men, right?
 
 
 
 
One of the many things that the room mates can agree on is the fact that they both hate exercising. This however had a slight difference to it too. Tiffany prefers the stuffy, air conditioned room and the treadmill where she spent hours on. Jessica rather have a run in the cool, night breeze, where the air is cleaner and there were supple amount of oxygen. Gyms are never her thing. At night, they would return to their dorms, Jessica usually being the later one since she most often take a walk after a run in the park. Tiffany’s gym is just located at the first floor of the dorm building.
 
 
 
 
They both like clubbing too but of course, being Jessica, she prefers the one where there are less people and well, more girls. Tiffany did not mind either one but she rather have that pumping beats and dancing crowd that make her go delirious. Respectfully, they go to different clubs.
 
 
 
 
One day, however, Tiffany decided to be alike Jessica.
 
 
 
 
“Jessi, bring me to that club you frequent at.” Tiffany requested sweetly, lying her head on her room mate’s lap.
 
 
 
 
Jessica cast her gaze from her novel to Tiffany. She looked up for a moment where the wall clock is.
 
 
 
 
“Now?” Jessica closes the book.
 
 
 
 
“Hm, anytime.” Tiffany played with the loose thread of Jessica’s shorts.
 
 
 
 
“It’s good to go after 8,” Jessica says, mostly to herself as she scratches her chin lightly.
 
 
 
 
“Is that when all the girls comes out?” Tiffany asked with a slight twinkle in her eye.
 
 
 
 
Jessica finds herself blushing, “Uh, yeah, you could say that.”
 
 
 
 
“It’s almost 8.” Tiffany stated and looked up endearingly at Jessica.
 
 
 
 
Jessica lost her breath for a moment.
 
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
 
“Why the sudden need to be unusual?” Jessica asked as she looked into the mirror, biting her lip and wondering if she should go for a simple or extravagant look.
 
 
 
 
Tiffany was already deciding on glam.
 
 
 
 
“I don’t know, yesterday was kind of weird for me.” Tiffany sighed and pulls out a red mini dress. “Looks good?” She asked aside of Jessica who nodded.
 
 
 
 
“You will look beautiful in that.” Jessica blurts and without missing a beat, asked, “Weird how?”
 
 
 
 
“I love dancing, you know that, right? And I was looking for a hook up since it’s been forever,” Tiffany ended it on a husky note.
 
 
 
 
Jessica gulps.
 
 
 
 
“Yea, the dancing but a hook up? Tiff, the guys there will be more than willing to you. Did you dismiss them or something?” Jessica asked, feeling a dull throb in her chest as she slipped her legs into a pair of skinny denims.
 
 
 
 
“Oh, they were cool but none of them interested me, they were missing something…” Tiffany murmured. “By the way, if you’re going for the butch look, wear that black shirt with the white cuffs that YuRi gave you for your birthday.” Tiffany recommended as she took a glance at Jessica who was choosing from her wardrobe.
 
 
 
 
“Oh, okay.” Jessica pulled the shirt out from the wardrobe, “Were they missing the muscles?”
 
 
 
 
“They all had it, all right, it’s just-” Tiffany snapped her fingers in a bid to get something into her head but none came, “I just want to see if it will be different tonight, in a girls bar.”
 
 
 
 
Jessica snorted, “You want to see if you’re crooked?”
 
 
 
 
“Maybe?”
 
 
 
 
Jessica did not ask more.
 
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
 
“Hey, it’s YuRi!” Tiffany called out in surprise when she saw the named person behind the drinks counter. “You never told me you were a bartender here!” Tiffany exclaimed as she took hold of YuRi’s arm lightly from across the counter.
 
 
 
 
YuRi grins, “Just started last week and we never met then.”
 
 
 
 
Jessica settled onto the high stool next to Tiffany, “She just took up the job because she heard one of the frequent club-goers here has a thing for women in ties and rolled up sleeves.”
 
 
 
 
Tiffany laughed softly, “Well, if it’s anything, you look kind of hot.”
 
 
 
 
“Thank you.” YuRi chuckled as she wiped the counter with a white rug, “So what can I get for you?”
 
 
 
 
“I will have whatever Jessica’s having.” Tiffany answered quickly and Jessica stared at her quizzically.
 
 
 
 
“I’m having a beer.” Jessica informs, knowing that Tiffany is a classy drinker.
 
 
 
 
“I know.” Tiffany said no more and winked at Jessica.
 
 
 
 
YuRi raised her eyebrows at the duo but said nothing as she went about with the order.
 
 
 
 
“Hey!” Tiffany looked up at the voice.
 
 
 
 
Tiffany’s eyebrows knitted slightly at the sight of a shorter lady throwing her arms around Jessica’s neck.
 
 
 
 
“Hey…” Jessica gave a grin that Tiffany sees often when Jessica is trying to hook up with a girl.
 
 
 
 
“Never knew you would be back so soon, I thought you were the ‘once a week kind of person’?” The stranger questions with a playful twinkle in her eyes.
 
 
 
 
“Ah, my friend just wanted to see how this club is like, this is Tiffany,” Jessica replied and shifted a little to show the stranger who she had come to the club with.
 
 
 
 
“Hey, my name is Cara,” Cara lifted a hand to shake.
 
 
 
 
Tiffany shook it and smiled politely, “Nice meeting you, Cara.”
 
 
 
 
“Likewise! I would love to stay and chat for a bit longer, but I got to go back to work, will I see you later, Jessica?” Cara questioned of Jessica who shrugged.
 
 
 
 
“Maybe?”
 
 
 
 
“You’re such a tease.” Says Cara as she punches Jessica lightly on the shoulder before leaving.
 
 
 
 
“Is she one you always go to for a good ?” Tiffany asked bluntly when Cara left.
 
 
 
 
“Not often but yea, you could say she gives really good .” Jessica answers simply.
 
 
 
 
“And she’s not your type?”
 
 
 
 
“Too outgoing.” Jessica took a sip of her beer.
 
 
 
 
“I see.” Tiffany understood.
 
 
 
 
YuRi returned with their orders and apologized for the wait, apparently there were a line of customers who are ordering complicated martinis off the menu.
 
 
 
 
“They are just interested in watching you.” Tiffany reasoned with a smirk.
 
 
 
 
A glass of beer done and Tiffany was in need of more fun.
 
 
 
 
“Let’s dance, Jessi.”
 
 
 
 
“Huh?”
 
 
 
 
Before Jessica could say more, she is already being pulled to the dance floor. The beats were getting louder and Tiffany needed to sweat it out. Jessica was amused by the way Tiffany was moving her hips against her. It prompted Jessica to hold her hips and they danced close to each other for a while.
 
 
 
 
“Are you having fun?” Jessica questions breathily into Tiffany’s ear.
 
 
 
 
Tiffany currently has her back against Jessica. Often, she would feel a man’s ripped muscles under his shirt to her back. It left her feeling kind of off. But with Jessica’s chest pressed against her and not to mention the similar height between the both, she just needed to feel more of Jessica’s body. Being her room mate and the one who has seen Jessica changed out of her clothes for months, she knew what kind of body Jessica had under that loose shirt. There was that sudden need to feel it.
 
 
 
 
“Yea, the most fun I have never had.” Tiffany replied and turns around, draping her arms around Jessica’s neck.
 
 
 
 
Jessica smiled.
 
 
 
 
“I’m getting kind of tired.”
 
 
 
 
“Let’s get out then.”
 
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
 
Morning came and Tiffany finds herself snuggled up against a familiar warmth. This warmth is felt whenever she is scared at night and that is usually when they both dared each other to watch a horror movie that shows on a free channel. Jessica would hug her to sleep despite herself feeling scared. But hugging Tiffany was one way to remove her fear so both had nothing to complain about. Tiffany looks up and finds herself staring back at Jessica’s serene face. The air con was not to cold, so the blankets is only covering up to their shoulder. Realization kicks in and Tiffany smiled brighter. In some bizarre way, Jessica had revealed her true feelings for her. It was probably by the way Jessica kissed her last night. It shook Tiffany to the core and she just needed more of it.
 
 
 
 
The past events from last night caused Tiffany’s heart to brighten, if that’s even possible, but to thrum harder and louder in her chest, that was possible. Tiffany snuggled closer to Jessica and thought how she finally found out what the men were missing and how soft and warm Jessica was. She also thought of how she would wake up to Jessica like this, everyday. Tiffany closed her eyes, oh, she can’t wait for Jessica to wake up so they can start their first day as a couple. To belong to someone was what Tiffany needed. It was better now that she knows she belongs to her room mate, Jessica Jung, the polar opposite yet someone who loves her genuinely.
 
 
 
 
But hey, opposites attract, right?