Part II

Bad Luck

            "Yes, oppa. I know it," said Chemi to Jungwoon, his manager, through her cell phone. She was just out of the campus and he immediately reminded her about the dance practice schedule. "I'll be there on time," she promised, glancing at her watch. It’s still two hours left. "Oppa, take it easy! I... yaaaaaaa!"

            Someone took off her backpack in a sudden, then ran away. Chemi ran after the thief as she shouted to make him stop. "Give me back my backpack! I beg you!" she shouted.

            Knowing he was followed by his victim, the thief ran faster and made Chemi tired. When she was desperate to catch the thief, someone came from the back side and he seemed like to catch him because he ran to the same direction with the thief.

            "Whoever your name...! Help me...!" Chemi shouted at the man. Chemi decided to stop running. Tears flowing slowly. Chemi yah, you're stupid! So stupid! She grumbled to herself.

            Suddenly, she felt something unpleasant and it made her more anxious. Did that man really want to help me to get my backpack? Maybe he was just in a hurry and he was in the same direction with the thief! Or maybe he's actually a friend of the thief? Oh God... Chemi yah, what are you thinking about?

 

***

 

            Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Today’s my worse day ever! This is the second time already I have to catch the criminals. Where are the cops at this time?! I don’t know who else the girl whom I help this time. Pity her, she might be exhausted after chasing the thief alone!

            Kiseop increased his running speed. Without realizing it, the thief took him to an empty yard. Kiseop stopPed running when the thief was facing him with a fierce face. "What are you looking for, young man?" asked the thief.

            "Of course that backpack, you fool! Give me that!" Kiseop said no less fierce.

            "You don’t know with whom you meet!"

            The thief started attacking Kiseop. A punch landed on his cheek. Kiseop’s emotions overflowed. He punched him back and both of them were fighting for awhile until Kiseop could make the thief bent down on his knees in pain.

            "I warn you not to harm anyone else again!" he cried with panting in exhaustion. He took the backpack and walked out of that place, left the thief alone.

            The thief apparently did not accept what Kiseop had done to him. With faltering steps, he ran up to Kiseop and his knife into his back.

            Kiseop screamed in pain. He did not expect to get such a surprise attack. He immediately collapsed, while the thief left after removing the knife first.

 

***

 

            This road is kinda strange! Her mind exclaimed while walking on the road that had been passed by the thief. After a short pause over what had happened to her, Chemi decided to find the thief again. From the beginning she walked on the road, she did not find a single branch of the road. The atmosphere around the road was deserted. No houses, shops, or other signs of life. Where am I going? Her mind asked in horror.

            Finally, she arrived at an empty yard. Her eyes widened when she saw a man passed out with his back covered by blood. With the trembling hand, she checked his pulse and heartbeat. Still alive! Hurriedly, she called the hospital to send an ambulance.

            I should see anyone before I arrived here, but no one else was running the opposite direction to me. Chemi looked at her surroundings carefully. There was a small street at the right of the yard. Maybe he escaped through there.

            Chemi sat beside him and brushed his hair from his face. Gosh, he's the person who returned my wallet, isn’t he!? Her mind asked in shocked after recognizing him. He also helped me to take my backpack? Her eyes looked around him. She found her backpack which was held by him in his arms.

            Chemi’s heart sank. Again, the tears just flowed down on her cheeks. She grabbed his hand which felt cool slowly. "Please, hold on! I want to thank to you..." said Chemi sobbed.

 

***

 

            Kiseop dazzled by the white light. Where I am now? When his eyes became familiar with the white light, he looked at the room with a frown. Am I in the hospital? He was surprised to realize there was a figure who was sleeping in the edge of the bed, close to him. Did she help me? Who is he? Suddenly, Kiseop winced in pain. His back was sore. He tried to lean his body.

            The girl started waking up from her sleep because of the vibrations of the mattress that made by Kiseop. She yawned a moment, then looked at Kiseop with glazed eyes. "Finally, you’re conscious!" she said in happy voice.

            Kiseop was surprised again to realize who she was. She's the girl whom I help! "So, the backpack is yours?" Kiseop asked in a tone of disbelief. The girl nodded slowly. Kiseop sighed heavily. "What a pity! You’re bad luck today! Two times you got disaster in a day," he said.

            "Yes, I’m bad luck today," said the girl sadly. "I feel so sorry because you have helped me twice and this time you're hurt. I'm sorry... "

            "There's nothing to forgive. I'm fine," Kiseop said, smiling reassuringly. "So, how long I’ve been here?"

            "For hours, I guess. Now it's ten o'clock at night."

            "Then, why are you still here? It’s not a visiting hours, is it?"

            "Take it easy! I claimed myself as your sister to the doctor. So, I can be free with you until you wake up."

            Kiseop’s heart sank with her words. He did not know that the girl could be this nice to him. "Thank you..." he said softly.

            "No. I who should thank to you..." replied the girl. Both of them were silent for a moment as they looked at each other, until the girl got up from her chair. "Call your family to take care of you. It's time for me to go home. My manager must have been very upset to me because I did not come to the dance practice today."

            Kiseop frowned. "Manager? Are you an artist?" he asked.

            The girl nodded firmly. "Soon. Wish me luck!" replied the girl, smiling. She took her backpack which was on the table. "Should I call your family?"

            "No, thanks. I will do it by myself," Kiseop quickly rejected her offer.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes, I am.”

            "All right. Take care of yourself."

            "Yes, thank you. Yaaa... before you go, can we introduce ourselves to each other?"

            The girl giggled. She came closer to Kiseop, then held out her hand. "My name is Kim Young Won. But, call me Chemi because I will use that name when I debut."

           Kiseop smiled broadly. "That’s a funny name!" he said, then shook Chemi’s hands. "My name is Lee Ki Seop. Just call me Kiseop."

            "Hmmm... I think I've ever heard that name before."

            "Or maybe you haven’t yet. My name is so familiar! So many people use Kiseop as their name hahaha..." Kiseop said quickly. "Hurry go home! It's late at night. I worry you. You look like a careless person "

            "Yaaa... this is our first meet! Don’t judge me so fast," said Chemi upset. "Don’t worry, I've asked my manager to get me home."

            Kiseop smiled again and secretely sighed in relief. "Sounds good."

            "Ok, I leave you. Good bye!" she said as she opened the door.

            "Good bye, Chemi yah! I hope we can meet again someday," Kiseop hoped.

            Chemi smiled. "Yes, I hope so and I hope I'm not unlucky again when I meet you later."

 

***

 

-THE END-

 

enjoy reading! :)