King With No Crown - Chapter 12

King With No Crown

"What I can't have, no one else will!"

He pulled back the blood stained blade from the woman's body and watched as she collapsed to the floor.  When the light faded from her eyes, he smiled.

"It's your fault," he said to the lifeless body.  "You were supposed to be mine and yet you chose him.  What's so good about him?"

He paused a moment as if expecting an answer but all he heard was silence.

The silence was interrupted when the rain came, bringing with it, thunder and lightning.  He did not even flinch as he stood looking at her lifeless body.

After a moment, he turned to walk away but stopped when he heard the sound of a child crying.  He jolted out of the trance he was in and went searching for that sound.  

He came to a door connecting to the next room.  He stepped into the room and found the crying baby in a cot.  He laughed watching the baby cry amidst the crackling lightning and roaring thunder.

"You're mine," he declared and picked up the child.


Carrying the child in his arms, he exited the building only to be confronted by a black car which had just pulled up through the gates of the mansion.  Two men stepped out and was startled to see a stranger with the child in his arms.

"Who are you?" one of the men asked.  "What are you doing with my son?"

Rather than respond, he drew out his sword and attacked the man.

"Mr Nam!" the second man called out and rushed to pull the man out of the way.

"Sunggyu, get back my son!" the man ordered.

The younger man obeyed, drawing out his sword to stop the stranger.  The two opponents fought under the stormy night sky while the child continued to cry.  When their swords clashed time after time, the stranger soon realised that he had met a worthy opponent.  It made him smile.

Worried for the child's well being under the pouring rain, Sunggyu fought hard to try and end it quickly.  He struck his opponent who was quick to block, again and again.  Sunggyu advanced again with quick successive moves that gained him an advantage.  He slashed his opponent across the back but his opponent was able to escape with just his shirt ripping to reveal a tattooed back.  Sunggyu struck again, but only managing to slash at the front of his opponent's shirt.  Sunggyu frowned at his inability to lay a blade on his opponent's skin which seemed to be covered in tattoos.  Refusing to give up, Sunggyu attacked again, striking his opponent from the side.

Realising that he could not block on time, the stranger turned so that the arm he was carrying the child came aligned with the path of Sunggyu's blade.  Sunggyu immediately held back his sword, not wanting to hurt the child.

His opponent however, took this opportunity to strike back, plunging his blade into Sunggyu's chest.  The stranger smirked pushing his blade deeper into Sunggyu's body until the tip of the blade protruded from Sunggyu's back.  Sunggyu gritted his teeth against the immense pain but he let out an agonising scream when his opponent twisted the blade in his chest.  Blood gushed out from Sunggyu's mouth.  

The stranger laughed, enjoying the sight of Sunggyu in pain.  With one final twist of the blade, he pulled his sword out and escaped.  Sunggyu collapsed to the ground as blood gushed out from his wound.