-Chapter Sixteen-

Angel and Devil

Chapter Sixteen

For the whole day, the only thing Jaekyung did was to sit on her bed with Luhan by her side. 

"What am I going to do?" Jaekyung sighed. 

"Why is Sehun acting this way?" Luhan thought long and hard, so did Jaekyung.

"Wait," Jaekyung thought of something. "Dae said that Sehun is an angel. And he also said that angels and devils will never be together." 

"Is that a prophecy?" He asked. 

"I guess so?" She said. 

"With that kind of mindset implanted in our heads, of course no one would dare to go against it." She said, "Which means that Sehun and I would need to change the prophecy and stop it from happening. Everyone has the rights to love whoever they want." 

Luhan looked at Jaekyung in admiration, even though they've remained as best friends, Luhan still have feelings for her in his heart. But he can't simply break the two of them apart, it would be cruel of him. 

"I'm just going to check on Sehun. Cheer up okay?" Luhan smiled and left the room. 

Jaekyung walked towards the mirror and spreaded her wings again. She looked at them closely, they looked so cool. She them.

"It seems like you guys are my pets huh." She said randomly. 

"Should I attempt to fly?" She smirked. Her wings flapped and her feet were off the ground. In no time, she was flying all over the room. 

Until she saw someone standing in her room, mouth wide open. 

"Lay!" She said as she landed. 

"Jaekyung..." He was still shocked. "I didn't know you were..." 

Jaekyung looked at him funny. 

Does he know what am I? 

"Jaekyung-ah. Why didn't you tell me?" Lay said, and something came out from his back. It was the same pair of black wings that she had. 

"Lay... You're a devil too?" Lay nodded his head. 

"So is Kris, Jongin, Tao and Xiumin." He said. 

"Can you explain everything? I'm getting so confused here." She asked. 

 

Luhan knocked on Sehun's room door. 

"Sehun? Hyung here." 

No matter what, Luhan and Sehun were always side by side. Listening and caring for each other. No one can separate them. Whenever Luhan has a problem, Sehun would try to help him and vice versa. 

Sehun opened the door. 

 

"What am I going to do? Dae said that angels and devils can never be together." Jaekyung said. She was getting so stressed over this. 

"According to this book," Lay grabbed a book that appeared out of nowhere, "Angels and devils were never together, but it didn't state that they can't be together. And look who is your partner." He pointed out. 

Jaekyung took a closer look. 

Lee Jaekyung & Kris Wu

"What is this book? Why is it Kris?" She cried. 

"This book determines our partners, the Lord wrote it. Everyone's partners are devils and only the Lord can edit the book." Lay explained. 

"You mean, he has my future planned out?" She asked. Lay said nothing but nodded his head. 

"When you were being told that you are a devil, Kris' mark must've glowed. But most devils don't know this. Because they live their life normally as humans and don't want to have anything to do with the Underworld." 

Jaekyung cupped her face with her hands. 

Why must this happen to me?

 

"What's going on Sehun?" Luhan asked. 

"I can't be with Jaekyung." Sehun said with tears forming in his eyes and his head hung low. 

"Why?..." 

"I'm an angel hyung." Sehun confessed. His wings spread. 

Luhan looked at them in awe.

They look just like Jaekyung's except that hers are black while his' are white.

"And angels an devils can never with together right?" Luhan asked. Sehun sighed before nodding.

"Have you ever thought of rebelling it?" Luhan smirked.

Sehun looked at him immediately and smirked too.

Oh my hyung is a smart one.

Luhan left the room to Jaekyung's. 

As he opened the door, he saw Lay and Jaekyung, both with their wings visible. His eyes widened.

"Lay?" Luhan said. 

Lay was shocked and he immediately redrew his wings. 

"L-Luhan ge." He said as he faked a smile. 

Jaekyung put her hand on Lay's shoulder. 

"Its okay, he knows." She assured him. 

"Lay, how'd you..." Luhan asked. 

"I'm sorry for keeping this from you. But it happened on the day where we met Jaekyung." Lay explained. 

Luhan nodded his head, he understood. 

"By the way, is it possible if we go against the prophecy?" Luhan asked. 

"What prophecy?" Lay stared at him in confusion.

"Oh!" Jaekyung exclaimed. "Can we go against it? Like, let the devil and angel get together." 

Lay looked at them nervously, "I'm not sure about that. But the book didn't state any rule of this so I'm assuming its a yes?" 

Jaekyung immediately hugged Lay tightly. "Thanks oppa." 

She smiled. 

 

"Hyung, this is so messed up." Baekhyun said. "What if Jaekyung is not the only devil in this house? Are devils evil? Will they try to take over our bodies?" 

Baekhyun was getting more nervous by the minute.

"Baekhyun, we just need to calm down. Judging by the behaviour of the boys, they don't seem like they are evil or want to take over ur bodies." Suho concluded. 

"Who is taking over whose body?" Someone said. 

Suho and Baekhyun looked in the direction of the door. It was Chen. 

"Its nothing, we were just discussing about the latest horror movie. The spirit might take over the protagonist's body." Baekhyun smoothly lied while making a scary face. 

"Yeah, not that we know anything about a devil living with us." Suho blurted out. 

Baekhyun shot him a glare. 

"What are you guys talking about? Who's the devil around here?" Chen asked in confusion. 

"Its J–" 

"Its me! I'm the devil!" Baekhyun screamed as he imitated a devil in the movie. 

"O-okay... Have fun in your role-playing!" Chen said nervously and got out. 

"Hyung!" Baekhyun scolded Suho. 

"I can't lie!" Suho said in frustration. 

"I'm not asking you to lie! I'm asking you to shut your trap and not talk about the subject anymore. Its is that difficult?" Baekhyun said and blew some air up to his fringe. 

"Okay okay, this hyung of yours will shut his trap." Suho said and rolled his eyes. 

I'm doing this for the sake of you, Jaekyung-ah. 

 

"Glowing of mark... Glowing of mark..." Kris was muttering while looking through the devil's guide. 

"I found it!" He exclaimed and proceeded to read its contents, "The devil's mark glows when his/her partner has known that he/she is a devil. His/her partner might be a close friend or even a stranger. Both paths will be met near a circle. Indications of being near to partner are, sparks filling the body, eletrifying touch. But the best way of confirmation is when both marks give out a blue glow."

He closed the book immediately.

Sparks filling body... Didn't I feel that when I'm with Jaekyung? 

He took out another book. (the same one as Lay has took)

Lee Jaekyung & Kris Wu 

So... It has been confirmed?! 

"Oh my god, in times like this." He said as he rubbed his temples. 

 

"By the way, I told Sehun about the idea. He was all happy and smirking." Luhan laughed. 

"Really?" Jaekyung's eyes lit up, she was still amused at such effect Luhan has done to Sehun. 

"That means its settled then. I hope the both of you will get through this obstacle." Luhan smiled. 

Lay has already left the room a few moments ago. 

"Its time to rest my princess." Luhan smiled, "You've had a tiring day." 

He tucked her to sleep and kissed her forehead. Jaekyung smiled and drifted to sleep immediately.

 


YAY DOUBLE UPDATE FINALLY.

sorry this was crappy writing tho. i got distracted by twitter and i started looking at pictures and

videos of exo – from ot12 to ot11 to ot10 then now, ot9. I cried the entire time i swear :( 

btw, luhan treats jaekyung as his sister fyi, they were childhood friends. ;)