Chapter 5

Betrayers Vs. Lovers

Chapter 5

With a shaking hands,

“Yuri you can do this!” she encourages herself. A sheet of paper, which can change her live

She looked around whether she’s alone in her room.

She opened the envelope.

She just looked one place…

’50.99%’

God…

How could this? How could this happen?

She balled her fist together with the papers. Her breath wasn’t steady…

“Babe,”

“Oh my god!” she exclaimed.

“Why were you so shock?” Kris asked.

“No… Nothing” she replied, calming herself. “You look stressed”

Yuri wiped her forehead which is soaking with sweat.

“No, I’m just tired” she said.

“See, I told you to go to the hospital with me” Kris sighed, “Now take some rest. I’ll be home late tonight. Don’t wait for me”

“Late? Why?”

“Well, there’s an important meeting” Kris reasoned, “Don’t worry. I’ll get home before midnight”

Yuri closed her eyes slowly to absorb all of the facts.

But it only make her tears fall. How on the earth ‘Sehun’s not her brother’?

She could do everything for him. But now

Kris was gone. And she couldn’t discuss about that with him.

 

“Everything’s fine” Kai said, “And you don’t have to be worried for them. They can handle that”

Hyoyeon and Kai were sitting in the café.

“Fine. So we don’t have to meet again” Hyoyeon said.

The phone beside Hyoyeon’s cup started ringing.

“Hi” she smiled although she knew that Yuri couldn’t see it, “Yuri, long times no see”

Her smile gradually disappeared… “Okay, I’ll come and meet you”

“What happened?” Kai asked stopping Hyoyeon from leaving.

“Well, none of your business!” she shouted.

 

 

“Oppa!” Sooyoung came into the office which Kris was sitting.

“Hey” he smiled to her, “What brought you here?” Kris looked up Sooyoung who is standing in front of her.

“I just want to visit you” Sooyoung answered.

“Sit over there” Kris pointed the armchair with his eyes.

Sooyoung did as she’s told.

Kris left his documents on the table and went to Sooyoung. And he sat in front of her.

“And who do you want to talk about?” Kris asked the question which he knew the answer.

“Daehyun”

“I knew it” Kris sighed, “I’m sorry I can’t make him my favorite brother-in-law”

“I’m not telling to make him your favorite” Sooyoung smiled to Kris, “I’m telling you to stop thinking as a brother-in-law who you hate”

 “I’m trying… but whenever I see him…” Kris exhaled and shook his head softly.

“Relax, bro, relax” Sooyoung calmed her brother. She reached her brother’s hand.

“I don’t like the way he treats you” Kris complained, “It doesn’t seem like a real love”

“No, he’s just kind of that person,” Sooyoung replied, “He’s just a cold person.”

“I understand,” Kris finally gave up.

“That’s my brother!” Sooyoung smiled like she had owned something great.

 

Yuri’s eyes were red. Of course, she cried. She cried a lot.

She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want to get out from her room because if she did, she would collapse.

She tried her best to stand up. She held the blankets tight…

She took a deep breath.

Everything’s gonna fine. Yes, it’s gonna be okay. She had her family who would support her.

She made up her mind to drink a glass of water.

She reached out the water bottle. It was already gone. So she went out of the room.

She didn’t know how to face Sehun, Daehyun and her parents. All she knew was she wanted to run away. She was weak.

“Hey, Kwon Yuri” her eyes wide opened

“Daehyun,” she whispered.

Daehyun knew that if the DNA result came out, Yuri would definitely tell Kris. Moreover, he would be killed by Kris.

According to Yuri’s expression, the result wasn’t out.

He smirked so that Yuri could see him.

“How is your plan?” Daehyun asked, “Is it working? Time and Tide wait for no one and I’ve waited for a day. The reality…”

“Please, Daehyun don’t tell it to anyone,” before he could finish his words, she grabbed his hands and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to do that to Krystal”

How could this happen? Wasn’t Sehun Yuri’s biological brother?

Daehyun was confused.

He, too, didn’t know what to do.

Maybe the god and luck was with him.

“Didn’t I say the offer?” he smirked, “I said leave Kris, everything will be settled”

“You know I can’t do that” she held his hands tighter and cried.

“I lost my family members in a single day” Daehyun said holding his tears back, “my sister, my mother and my dad”

Yuri was shocked to hear that sentence. There were so many disasters. And one of them is losing family.

The last thing she wanted to suffer is losing someone precious.

“I’m not selfish” Daehyun let go of Yuri’s hands, “When my parents knew Krystal’s metal disease, they went to the hospital to meet her. But then, they died in car crush”

“I’m sorry” Yuri sighed. There was a reason behind that.

“No, ‘sorry’ doesn’t solve all the problems” Daehyun wiped away his tears and stood probably.

He looked away and continued, “Do you want to know my motto?”

He paused for a while. Yuri was speechless. She didn’t have enough words to say to him.

“Give and Take” he smirked, “I’ve given my precious belongings and now, I’ll take your belongings!”

The door cracked opened, “What do you mean you’re taking her belongings?”

“Hyoyeon?”

“Nice to meet you Jung, I’m Kim Hyoyeon” she smiled and gave her hand.

“I don’t have much time to talk with you” he said retraced his steps.

But before he could leave, “Yuri, warn her about telling this to others will be a problem”

When Daehyun left, Yuri sat on the floor which she had been standing.

Hyoyeon went quickly to Yuri and held her, “What’s happening?”

“Unnie, what should I do?” she cried, “I don’t want to lose anyone”

“Let’s go into your room first” Hyoyeon suggested and they both walked into the room.

 

Yuri kept crying

“Yuri, look at me” Hyoyeon said; it was like an order. But the sobs of Yuri were louder, “Yuri, calm down!”

The more Hyoyeon shouted the louder Yuri’s cry.

“Okay. Calm down first” Hyoyeon lowered her voice. She held her in her arms.

“Yuri, you have to be careful,” Hyoyeon warned, “You’re not alone”

She looked to Yuri’s belly and rubbed it.

She inhaled deeply and repeated what Hyoyeon said, “I’m not alone”

“Now, explain me; how does this happen?”

 

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Wu. No one is allowed to meet her” the nurse explained, “She’s not recovered”

“I know visitors are accepted” Kris said, “Now, tell me the room number”

“Her guardian didn’t allow anyone to meet her” she reasoned, “And it’s the rule”

Kris exhaled deeply.

“Kris!”

“Sunny” Kris was relieved. He didn’t want to fight with that nurse again.

“What brought you here?” Sunny asked.

“I want to meet Krystal,” Kris sighed.

“Nice to hear that,” Sunny smiled, “Let him in”

“But…” the nurse stopped when Sunny looked her with sharp eyes.

“Follow me” Sunny smiled to Kris.

 

Kris followed Sunny. Sunny opened the door of the last room.

“If something strange occur, just press the red button” Sunny pointed the red dot on the wall.

“Thanks”

“You’re welcome”

Sunny gave the private time to Kris and Krystal.