The way I met him

The Byun Diva of My Life

CHAPTER 1

 

 

 

 

 

YOU/YEONNIE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was currently updating one of my stories in AFF when suddenly my phone ringed. I answered it with eyes still glued to the screen of my laptop, one hand on the board and the other one holding my phone.

“Neh?” I answered it and I can hear a loud scream at the other line making my eyes twitch as I pulled the phone away from my ears.

“Hey Yeonnie! YEONNIIIIE!!” Ah. This is definitely Bom, well she’s the singer of the group with her high pitched voice and strong vocals.

“Is there a need to scream before you tell me why you called?” I asked with a huff as I slump my back on our sofa and leave my story for a while.

“Forget about that. What matters is the thing I hold right now!” She exclaimed as I can hear some faint sounds of waving papers.

“Okay, what is it Bom?” I asked while scrubbing my eyes because it’s pretty late now.

“I got the last 2 tickets of our Men’s Volleyball Team’s play tomorrow!” She said and I sat up straight.

“Really?” I tried to be sure and I can hear a giggle from Bom.

“When did I lie to you Ms. Sporty and Ms. Brain of the group?” She said and I tried to remember some instances.

“Oh well, remember when you told Dara that---” I said but she cut me off because it was an embarrassing story for both of them.

“Hey hey hey, let’s talk about the game tomorrow not about things in the past. So wanna come?” She asked once again and I checked my calendar if I have any meetings with our Students Council or any Game Practices, I saw none so I agreed and Bom said goodbye and we both hanged up the phone.

 

I saved my story and shut down my laptop before I pick clothes for tomorrow and went to my bathroom then went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Argh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next day..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“As usual, you’re late again Dara.” Chaerin said, the Baddest Female Rapper of our school as she won many awards in different rap competitions.

 

“Did you brought some snacks Unnie?” The Dancing Representative, the youngest, Minji said as she comes towards to the plastic bag containing cold drinks and snacks Dara holds.

 

“Let’s go girls, the game will start in 10 minutes.” Bom said and just tugged Dara, a.k.a the natural beauty whom lots of guys are trying to get her as their girlfriend, along in her arms while still gaining her normal breathing.

 

We then all head inside the gymnasium, where the said game will be held.

 

The girls know well that sports and studying are my things and like what they do to me, we support each other in our different hobbies and other things we love. And one thing they do for me is to update me as much with sports news and try to get tickets in games because as a Top Student and the Secretary of the Student Council in our school, I don’t have enough time to get those.

 

We took the seat in the 3rd row to seel the game well.

 

We heard the doors for the players open and other students and supporters bring out their banners and screams from the top of their lungs as the players get inside the gymnasium.

 

After 5 minutes, the speaker started to introduce the players of each team.

 

I hate introductions but I just patiently wait in my seat while watching the picked players for the 1st set go to their respective positions.

But my eyes stopped at a certain boy with orange hair, eyes with eyeliner, medium body with definite biceps obviously from training hard and an eye-smile that made my heart flutter so much.

“And the team Captain for the school of Changwon High School, Byun Baekhyun!” The speaker said and the guy that I was staring at before high fived each of s including their coach and went to the court.

I smiled unconsciously though I know he’s busy looking at their opponents, though the way he looks at them are pretty weird and I can see him giggle and whisper something to one of his team-matse who’ll giggle too.

 

Then our school’s team is now being introduced.

 

“Our last year’s MVP, Huang Zitao!” The speaker said and I happily clapped, Tao is one of my guy friends in our school, he may look cold but he’s really sweet and we’ve been friends for so long. He’s the team’s best spiker, earning their team lots of points with just Tao spiking the ball.

 

“And the team captain of Seongnam High School, Oh Sehun!”

Argh.

It’s Sehun, the best setter of the team and the guy who never stops in teasing me. I don’t know what’s wrong with him and his poker face but whenever he sees me, he will turn to this person who has endless ways of teasing me. Minji just tell me that it’s one of Sehun’s way to show how much he likes a person, well they’re cousins after all, but heck, I don’t believe that.

 

After some moments, the players went to their positions and the referee whistled indicating the game will start now.

 

Baekhyun, the guy earlier is the one serving now and he’s number 22. Same as my number in our Volleyball team! Yes, yes, yes, I’m a member of our Women’s Volleyball team, a spiker and also trained a lot in receiving area and Vice-captain.

 

I think I saw him bend one of his knees as he spikes while jumping like how girls do but I shrugged off the idea and just focused on the game.

 

 

 

 

The more I watch at this Baekhyun guy, the more attractive he gets to me, I guess I’m having a crush on him.

Ohmy. Get yourself up Yeonnie.

 

 

The 1st set went to Tao’s team but the second one is from Baekhyun’s team.

 

It only has been 2 sets but you can feel the tension from both of the team.

 

I can see Tao starting to scrunch up his eyebrows, it means he doesn’t like how the game is getting into.

Sehun signaled for their coach for a time-out.

I can see the coach almost angrily pointing on his board and the players are intensely listening to him while drinking water and sweeping their sweats.

 

Then I went to glance to Baekhyun who’s only giggling with his other members who haven’t played yet and I saw him point to Tao with a… is that a girly smile?

 

 

Just like earlier, I ignored it and just watched the game. The 3rd one, Sehun’s team got it again but the 4th one went to Baekhyun’s.

 

I can now hear Sehun shouting at his playmates to focus and win the game, because if they lose this game and become 1-0 with the other team, it will be hard for them because they only need 2 wins to get into the semi-finals, and their plan, as Tao told me is to make it straight 2 wins even from the start.

 

The 5th set only has 15 points. And Tao and Sehun’s team already got 10 points while the other one has 8.

 

“And number 22 scored for the team!” I don’t know why this loud announcer shouted at the microphone making my ears almost bleed needs to do that, but before I can even throw him my heels, the guy number 22 flashed a smile in my direction.

 

With my one hand in the air holding my heels, I felt my heart pound really hard at that simple smile. I unconsciously waved my hand at him with my free one and let out an almost ridiculous smile to him.

 

He noticed it and raised an eyebrow; I immediately pulled my hands down and Bom tugged me down in our seat.

 

“What are you doing Yeonnie? Don’t tell me you’re attracted to that number 22 guy!” Bom exclaimed and I got confused at her tone.

 

“What’s wrong? He’s kinda cute and cool playing volleyball.” I said to them and I can see Chaerin face-palming her pretty and fierce face.

 

“Can’t you see it Yeonnie? The way he moves? The way he looks at their opponents? And to whom he just waved to earlier?” Minji asked and I told them that it was I who he waved at.

 

“No Yeonnie! He waved to a guy! He looks at the other guys like they’re some kind of a new found prey with those eyes, he flickers his fingers, raises his eyebrows, and holds his hips in a very diva way.” Dara said and I was about to defend the guy when Chaerin said something that made me almost throw my heels again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s obviously gay, Ms. Lee Yeonnie, you’re the only one who can’t see it.” She said and I let my eyes almost bulge out in the sudden realization.

 

 

 

 

And then I heard 2 people talking just beside us, it looks like they’re schoolmates with Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun Oppa!!” One of them shouted then let out a sigh.

“I still can’t believe Baekhyun Oppa is gay. He’s hot but he’s also searching for a man! What a waste!” the other one said and they both let out sighs but continued to cheer on.

 

 

I just sat back and sweep my bangs covering my eye.

 

I didn’t notice that the game was already won by Tao and Sehun’s team, until Dara pulled the hem of my dress and to bid our team congratulation and go home.

 

I shook my head and thought that since Baekhyun is gay, maybe it’s better to forget him.

Then I looked up when I felt hands on my shoulders, it’s Tao!

 

“We won Yeye!” He said with the nickname he made for me. I hugged him and he gave it back. We only pulled away when we saw a pouting Sehun in front of us.

“No hug from me, Ms. Panda?” He teased again still with his pout.

 

Okay, he started calling me Ms. Panda, when he accidentally saw me cuddling with my Panda stuff toy, in our classroom.....alone.

 

I rolled my eyes and just ruffled his hair.

 

“That’s enough I think.” I said and Sehun was about to walk away, pissed, when I called him again and he turned back.

“Congrats Mr. Captain! You’ve done a great job.” I said with a smile and Sehun turned away again.

 

“Ohhohohoh.. Our Captain is blushing.” Ren, one of the members said and everyone in their team laughed but Sehun only ignored them as he went to their lockers.

 

“We need to go guys, it’s getting late.” Chaerin said and then we bowed to them and waved off.

“See you tomorrow!” We said in unison and went out of the gymnasium.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“W-wait, I need to go to the comfort room.” I said and the girls nodded and they just waited for me outside.

 

I went to one of the stalls and did my business there.

I washed my hands and tried to arrange myself again before I hear the door of the C.R opening.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 But I didn’t notice it was a guy actually.

 

 

 

 

Before I can slap him across the cheeks for going to the Women’s C.R with the sign clearly posted in the door, I saw the guy, with a sly grin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Na ah-ah. If I were you, I wouldn’t scream or I’ll slap you hard instead.” He said while putting his index finger in my lips.

“Okay, lady, I’ve seen you earlier, it looks like you’re pretty close with Tao, aren’t you?” He said while looking at his nails, argh. He’s really gay.

He looked at me again and snapped his fingers making me tense a little bit at the sudden action.

“I only want one, as in, ONE favor from you.” He said and leans closer to me making me blush at the action; he’s pretty taller than me making me feel smaller than ever.

 

He smirked and said the words:

“Let me have Tao’s phone number.” He said and leans back.

“Or I’ll scratch your pretty face with my cute nails.” He said and I can feel my face turning to red at the compliment but went back to my senses at his request.

 

I think I can slightly handle a fight with him, but since he’s a guy and plays sports well, maybe I don’t have much chance and I don’t want to put shame in my dear school’s name so I just nodded and he smiled, one that made my heart flutter again.

 

I scanned down my contact numbers and paused at Tao’s.

I looked at him and he only raised his eyebrows while holding his phone, obviously waiting for me.

I carefully told him the number and he just nodded.

Then after the last number, he went to open the door and looked at me again.

 

“I’m Byun Baekhyun by the way, ummn, Miss..?” He trailed off and I flinched before answering him.

 

“Yeo-Yeonnie, Lee Yeonnie.” I said, stuttering with a smile and he smiled back.

“Goodbye Yeonnie.” He said and closed the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I let out a sigh and checked my phone again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH NO.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of Tao’s number, I gave him my number.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah, Lee Yeonnie, making your friends wait for you for 20 minutes…” Bom said and the girls went inside the C.R. too.

 

“Why is your face looks pale Unnie?” Minji said and cupped my face.

 

 

“I’m doomed.” Is the only thing I said to them before I telling them to just forget about it and get home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

YOW~!

 

Let me hear your thoughts about this new story of mine. :D

 

hohohoho...  It's okay. I'm ready for some harsh words :D

 

 

Thanks for the pople who subscribed already~!

 

 

 

MUWAH~!