Happy Birthday Zhang Yixing

Under the Shadows (A Birthday Tribute to our XingXing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

❝Agape;
_____________________________________________________________________________

 I wonder if you ever notice me, I prefer not to be. I'll remain under the shadows; so that I can see you, and you won't see me

 

 

The light illuminated the shades on her face, body waving and twirling effortlessly, a smile so radiant; enough to weaken any man's knees, hands and chest popping here and there, hair flipping in synch, orbs glisten below her long lashes from the spotlight. 

He stood behind the curtains with a flashlight on grip; hands clutching on it and the thick cloth, eyes burying holes at the figure strutting on the stage together with her other members. Yixing is at it again, gaping over his doe-eyed sunbaenim. This is what he does everytime EXO gets to have a performance along with their SNSD sunbaenims; casually excusing himself after getting his own make up done and sneaks into the backstage and into the shadows. No one knew about his deep infatuation towards her. No one but the shadows, the curtains, and himself.

He recollected those moments when fate played over him.

~~~ 

" Make sure you'd be home before 2, clean up and don't forget to eat the ramen before it gets too cold. And Jongin, don't you ever think of plotting on dragging Yixing to the club just because he is oblivious of this place "

Kai scowled at the elder's finger jabbing at him. Lay chuckled in amusement over his two Korean co-members. " Don't worry Suho hyung, I'm not as sly as Jongin here " Suho chuckled and ruffled his hair before grabbing his own belongings and leaving a quick wave at Lay, and his two fingers pointing from his eyes then at the latter beside him, a gesture saying 'I'm watching you'

The two dancers went back to their practice. They were practicing 'Two Moons' for their performance in the coming weekend. After a couple hours of popping and sweat flipping, they grabbed their bags, tossed the water bottles and Styrofoam container of the ramen Suho left them at the trash bin, and scurried off outside the building.

" Wait "

Yixing shifted his head at Kai who held his stride with a face that is never understandable. " Damn, I think Suho hyung just poisoned me with the ramen on purpose, gonna be back fast!" Clutching on the wall and at his stomach, he ran limply towards the restroom, leaving a bewildered Yixing in the hall of the building. He sighed and chuckled as he leaned his back on the wall. 

Lay gazed over the wall across him, buried his palm on his pockets when he heard a faint beat. Yixing glanced at different corners, trying to figure out where the sound came from until he ascertained it came from beneath the wall he is leaning onto. Pressing his ears, he tried making up the song being used. He scooted closer and closer towards the door, still hugging the wall. After alot of hesitation, he slowly turned the knob as quiet as possible and flinched as the door made a soft squeak.

Yixing held his breath. A slim figure on her sweatpants was there, sweat staining her plain top as she popped, spin and stepped in frolic with the music. She was a goddess, beads of sweat glistened against her delicate skin and on different strands of her hair.  It made her shine and sparkle like a fairy. She was such a beauty.

" What are you doing? "

He froze as a hand rested on his shoulders from behind. , Kim Jongin do you have to be so loud?  With wide eyes, he figured out the girl stopped on her tracks and had just drawn her attention to them. He quickly shuffled to his feet and blinked rapidly as the female faced them, with rosy cheeks, hair sticking out from her ponytails, and curious eyes gazing at them with a glisten. Although the room's light is quite dim, the female shone in the dark. 

" Oh, annyeonghaseyo Yoona sunbaenim "

Yixing flinched as Kai bowed at her, quickly following suit. She gave them a genuine smile and a nod. " It's late Kai-ssi, what are you doing here? "

"We were practicing for our dance performance this coming weekend sunbaenim. We're going home now actually"

She bobbed her and formed her thin lips to an 'o' before smiling widely, her eyes squinting into a half moon shape "Good Luck for your performance then, EXO hwaiting!" Giggling, Yoona pumped her fist in the air, Kai doing the same. Yixing was just there, gaping at both of them. "We'll be leaving then sunbaenim" Jongin wrapped an arm around Lay's shoulder and bowed with him"

"Get home safe, Kai-ssi, Lay-ssi"

 

 

Lay-ssi. She knows my name. My stage name, but still, she knows me. 

 

~~~

"Let's go Soshi, Let's go! Let's go Soshi, Let's go!" 

Audible Fanchants could be heard from the backstage, giving Lay the flinches. Lay was now grumbling in the corner, arms crossed and his lower lip bulging as he make a puffy pout. They were instructed to stay in the waiting room as other groups performed onstage; and the current performer is SNSD.

He was supposed to be all jumpy and excited inside, knowing that they will be in the Dream Kpop Fantasy Concert in the Philippines with their So Nyuh Shi Dae sunbaenims. Unfortunately, he was being pulled in the back collar by Kris and dragged in the corner as he tried his getaway attempt.

The concert night ended really fast for Yixing, he was not able to get a glimpse of her performance.

The day of their departure, Lay was still grumpy, knowing that he was not able to get even a slight encounter with his SNSD sunbaenims, and that his co-members can't stop singing the undeniably not understandable song they sung the night of their concert. 

" Hawak kamay, Di kita iiwan sa paglakbay~! come on Yixing sing with us! "

 

Yixing just nodded warily as Baekhyun nudged him annoyingly. the song was good alright, but the fact that he cannot understand the song and that he was not able to get a glimpse of the SNSD performance last night just makes him all grouchy. Digging his hands on his MCM bag, he grabbed a disk that would surely aid his dilemma.

" What's that? " with swift hands, the light-haired, feminine-faced latter grabbed the disk Lay had been peering into. 

" Luhan-ge! " Luhan scanned the disk cover with his eyes widening in curiousness. " Love Rain? "

Twirling his fingers, Lay bobbed his head up and down as innocently as possible. "A fan gave it to me during the fan signing event" " Really? why so? " He shrugged and shifted his face on the window, acting to be unconcerned, which fortunately and unfortunately, deceived the latter. 

" You don't want this? Let me borrow it then, thanks Xingxing! "

Eyes bulging, Lay faced his Luhan-ge again whom already scurried his way to his own seat beside Sehun and burrying his face on the disc. Aish damn

~~~

" CONGRATULATIONS YOU KYOOT LI'L PUPPIES " 

The husky crowd of sunbaes shuffled inside the room with presents and wines on hand. 

EXO had just released their music video for Wolf which made a huge impact of views in a short period of time. Other SM artists and idols came for a congratulatory party for their rookie group's first comeback success. 

" Congratulations guys !" Yixing turned his head to a familiar voice from behind. Eventually, it was her.

"Thanks Yoona sunbae" She laughed and handed Suho her wrapped present. " I told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter