final

Making a fool out of myself

"Nana"

 

I turn around to look where that voice came from, I smile upon seeing my handsome bestfriend, Kris, walking towards me. Suddenly I felt like the whole world stops from turning, I don't see anyone but him. My heart skips a beat. We've been friends for almost five years and i have been secretly loving him for quite a long time.

 

"Ne? What is it?"

 

He sits beside me and hands me a cup of my favorite banana milk, i take a few sips when he put his arm on my shoulder. I groaned.

 

"Yah, get your arm off me okay? It's heavy"

 

He quickly remove it when i started shooting icy glares on him which is very unusual, the normal Kris will never obey me. He would do anything just to piss me even more but today it is different. I sense something.

 

"Tell me, what do you need?"

 

He scratches his head as if feeling a bit shy in asking me for a favor, i knew him very well. This was also his reaction when he had me lie to his parents in order to hangout with his other friends to play basketball.

 

"Help me, I wanna court Hyuna"

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"I said help me, i wanna court Hyuna"

 

Aigoo.. here we go again, i usually see this kind of scenarios on drama shows on televisions, the one you love asking you to help him court someone whom he loves, just great isn't it? But i can't say no to him. I keep on wondering why does he have to look for someone else? can't he see that im already here?  I sighed deeply before saying..

 

"Okay"

 

He eventually hugs me which makes me feel a lot better, seeing his smiles is really enough for me. I just want him to be happy.

 

 

 

Later, i went out searching for the famous Hyuna, yeah she's popular. She is the cheer captain of the cheering squad of our school the 4 Minute. I decided to call her.

 

"Hyuna." but seems like she doesn't hear me so i called her again and again till she turn around and face me. She look at me from head to toe studying my appearance or rather silently mocking me. I'm just wearing my usual outfit, fitted shirt, skinny jeans and rubber shoes, my hair is on loose. I am actually nothing compare to her.

 

"What is it Miss Skinny?" she raises her brow.

 

"My friend, Kris, wants me to ask you if you want to have lunch with him."

 

"Kris? The captain of basketball?" She smirked and I slowly bob my head.

 

"Yes"

 

"Sure, I would love too"  she smiled at me, a weird one. I decided to brush away the thoughts that are running inside my mind and instead just message Kris that Hyuna has agreed.

 

 

 

*1 week later*

 

I felt like the whole world fall upon me, the thing that I am fearing the most has now happened.

Kris and Hyuna are now officially in a relationship. Lots of people are happy for them, all except me. It hurts too much seeing them together, as if i was looking directly into the sun without any eye protection. It hurts whenever they hold each other's hand, embraces and kiss. I wish it was me. Why was he unable to see me? Am I that unnoticeable? I know that i don't have the right to be jealous because im just his BESTFRIEND. What im feeling is very wrong, i should be happy for him but I can't. We're not what we are used to be anymore, Kris doesn't have that much time for me. He only shows up whenever he need something. All of his attention are on Hyuna.

 

Days have passed, here i am making my way along the school corridors when i heard a familiar voice calling me.

 

"Nana"

 

Even without looking, i know that it is Kris, i know his voice too well. I stopped walking and he approaches me.

 

"Hyuna is your classmate in the subject Trigonometry right? Do you have answers on your assignment on that subject" I nodded yes on both of his question. " Can i copy your answers for her? She's having a hard time on that subject, please?" I was shot with an invisible bullet right through my heart after hearing what he just said, I forced a smile. "Sure"

 

 

We continue walking, exchanging stories, he keeps on telling me stories and things that have happened between him and his girlfriend while making our way to our usual hang-out.

 

"And then Hyuna was like---" he was cut off while my eyes are widening, we are now both looking at the same direction, on the back of the tree was a guy and Hyuna kissing torridly. She is cheating on Kris!

 

"What the hell does this mean?! Hyuna, are you cheating on me?!" Kris shouted very angrily. The two was shocked upon seeing us.

 

"I-Im sorry Kris, I love you but I love him more" Hyuna said without any trace of hesitation as if it was nothing to her being caught by Kris. and with that, the two of them left. Kris continued punching the wall and hurting his self. I don't want to see him like this. I can bear if i see him with Hyuna but not this, I stopped his bleeding hand from punching the wall. I am almost crying.

 

"Please stop this, she's not worth it "

 

"Tell me, what did i do wrong? I love her so much"

 

"You did nothing wrong, she's just really a total "

 

I was surprised when he grabs my wrist and grips on it very tightly, I almost screamed in pain. His eyes is full of anger, I have never seen him so angry like this before. He speaks in a very scary and monstrous like voice.

 

"Take back what you just said"

 

"No, I won't!"

 

He hissed and gripped on my wrist much tighter. " IT! I SAID TAKE IT BACK !"

 

I was stunned, this is the first time he shouted at me, all because of a girl. I can see that he was shocked too. He slowly loosen his grip.

 

"I'm sorry Nana, i didn't mean to.."

 

I shook my head fighting back my tears, I take my hand away from him and storm out of this place.

 

 

 

* half a month passed*

 the two of us got much closer than before after he apologized to me. He became much sweeter and caring to me that makes my heart flutters. The day come when he asked me to become his girlfriend, I eventually said yes. This is my chance, he said he loves me and i love him too. I have never been this happy. Im much happier compare to a man who won millions of money on the lottery, im so happy and blessed to finally have the man that i loved the most.

 

 

 

Now is our 100th day, this day is very special to me. I have a lots of things that i wanna do with him. I'm thinking of celebrating it to a nearby waterpark. I was gonna ask him to go out but looks like he is pacing out today. I feel kinda hurt since it looks like that he forgotten how important today is. I am in the middle of telling stories to him when he excused himself and said that something came up. I don't know if im just being paranoid or what but i sense that something bad is going to happen. When he was a little bit far from me i decided to stalk him, careful with my moves not wanting him to see me.  we both arrived at the waterpark i am few meters away from him. and there i saw him walks towards a girl wearing a hoodie, she puts it down and i was really surprised to see that it was hyuna. I know it is not nice to listen to others conversation but i think i need to know something.

 

 

"Kris... I know I have hurt you but believe me I still love you." Kris did not respond and just look at her face.

 

" I love you, im sorry about what happened before please" Hyuna's eyes started to water then Kris quickly wrap her in his arms.

 

"It's okay, I love you too" he pecks the top of her head.

 

"But what about Nana? She's your girlfriend right?" ask Hyuna playing innocent and scaredy cat.

 

"I don't love her. Im just using her." and that pushes me to my limit, tears flows from both of my eyes like it was a faucet left open, my knees are trembling, i felt like all my strength has left me. I walks out from where i was hiding and reveals myself to them. I manages to show my best smile.

 

"So, that means Im just making a fool out of myself." I forced a laugh that results for it to be awkward. Kris snaps out of his shockness and starts walking towards me

 

"Don't you dare get closer to me. Damn you Wu Yi Fan! You're such a very great bestfriend!"

 

I used all my strength to ran away from them, i can still Kris' voice trying to explain but i don't mind. i just wanna escape the pain im feeling inside. It hurts so much. Why did he do this to me? He could have told me! I would understand if he really only see me as a friend but why does he had to make me fall for him even more? Those sweet memories we had are just pure lies. He don't love me. He never did.

 

Weeks passed, im still ignoring him. I can never forget what he did. It's funny how a person who seems to be your world before now become a stranger to you.. a stranger with lots of memories with you.

 

 

The End