About Hyun Joong

My One and Only You

 

When the applauding ended, one of the MCs asked Hwangbo another question. It may have been plain and simple for the MC but not to her. “Say, Hwangbo-shii,

Since these two young gentlemen expressed their admiration of you. Just out of curiosity, as we all know you were once paired with Kim Hyun Joong in WGM. You both acted as a married couple for almost a year. I for one was a big fan of your pair. I saw in some episodes that you got really close. Had it not been for Hyun Joong-shii’s drama project, I really believe that you guys could’ve dated in real life. Did it ever occur that he expressed his intention of taking your relationship to a more serious level? If I’m not mistaken, Hyun Joong-shii is about the same age as Yunho-shii. Did you guys ever go on a real date outside of WGM?” the MC said with genuine interest.

The studio fell silent as everyone awaited for her answer. Even Yunho and Seungho were all ears and were silently wishing that she would belie the assumption of the host.

As for Hwangbo, well, she remained still, dazed and looked like she had an out-of-the-body experience. She turned pale as she d for words and tried to compose her excuse in her head. Her initial reaction didn’t escape the attention of the MCs and so one of them teased, “It seems that this question has the most effect on Hwangbo-shii. She looks like she’s gonna faint. Are you okay, Hwangbo-shii? Is there something you wanna confess to the viewers?”

Hwangbo though feeling trapped managed a smile and then cleared . “Hahaha! I was just amazed how Hyun Joong-shii was brought up. Last I remember we were just talking about Yunho-shii and Seungho-shii. I feel that after their confessions I will be a walking target for antis who are fans of the two. Now, adding Hyun Joong-shii into the picture will just make it even harder for me. Hahaha! I might as well have my chakra dot back. Hahaha!” she tried to sound as funny as possible to hide her uneasiness and it paid off as the studio burst out laughing.

Much to her dismay, the MC didn’t want to lose track of the question he posted earlier, so he asked again “So, did Hyun Joong-shii confessed any romantic feelings for you during or after WGM? Would you date him if ever he comes up to you and ask you out?”

She has gotten over the shock of the first question that she was now able to formulate a canned response. She fully understands that this is far from being the best time to disclose her real relationship with Hyun Joong. Not with him out of the country and considering the fact that he’s still promoting his album. She bit her lower lip before responding “WGM happened a long time ago. I’ve been in this industry long enough to understand that nothing is permanent and we need to continuously move on. I believe that I have moved on and so has Hyun Joong-shii. It’s no secret that he’s busier these days. We don’t keep in touch anymore. Back then, we barely exchanged SMS or call each other. If you would remember, we were the most awkward couple back then. Hahaha!” There were a few people from the audience who laughed with her.

However, majority of them expressed disappointment and said, “Aaawww”. Behind her two young idols sighed after hearing her answer. They were just thankful that they still have a chance with her. Both knew that should Hyun Joong decide to pursue her their fighting chance is close to none. Hyun Joong had far more romantic memories with Hwangbo than any of the men who have come forth to proclaim their feelings for her. So, the fact that she denied that they were more than a make-believe couple was great news to both young lads.

The rest of the taping went by quickly for everyone, and soon Hwangbo found her way to the exit of the studio. It was indeed a long day for her and she can’t wait till she gets back home to take a warm bath so that she could rest her tired mind and body.

It was still raining and her car is parked right outside the TV station. To make matters worse, she forgot to bring her umbrella with her. Unfortunately, no one she knows is particularly within the parking area from which she could borrow an umbrella. “Just great! Great thinking Hye Jung!” she scolded herself. She was so pissed at herself for not anticipating that it will be raining the entire day and night. It was already 9PM when she checked her watch and most of the guests from the taping have gone ahead of her.

Distressed and tired, it actually crossed her mind to just run all the way to her car and just ignore the hard pouring rain. However, she had to reconsider this as she knows that she’s been a little sickly for the past few months and she wouldn’t want to be sent to the hospital again making a lot of people worry, including her Shillang. So, she stayed at her spot looking towards where her parked car is. Hoping that the rain will subside and let her get to her car without getting wet. She actually likes the rain, but given the poor state of her health nowadays, she prefers watching the rain from the comfort of her home than getting soaked outdoors. For the next 20 minutes, she just stood rooted at her spot.

The rain showed no sign of stopping and she began to feel more and more tired from the day’s events. Her eyes were getting heavier by the minute. She didn’t realize she has actually closed them for a couple of seconds up until she suddenly heard a familiar deep voice not too far from where she stood.