Seungho's Turn

My One and Only You

 

After the short commercial break, the taping continued with the rest of the guests being asked about random things in their lives which the MCs think could be a source of a certain “confession”. Several guests and questions more, it was Seungho’s turn.

Everyone’s attention focused on him when the MCs asked if he has ever confessed to a woman about his feelings and got rejected in the process. “Uhm…yeah. There was this time when I particularly liked a girl but she thought that I was too straight forward. She wanted to hear more of the flowery words first before the hard truth. Being a person who is frank I didn’t think we’d work. So, after some time I decided not to pursue her” he said with seriousness on his face. The MCs then asked him “So, Seungho-shii, we were just wondering if your ideal type has changed through time. I remember interviewing you a few years ago and you named Hwangbo-shii as your ideal girl. Do you still have the same feelings towards her? ”.

Just as expected, this question triggered another commotion in the studio with the audience clapping their hands and shrieking in unison expressing their interest over the matter. Hwangbo is again put on the hot seat. She responded with a shy smile as she felt her cheeks feel warm and she knew her face must’ve turned red as a tomato. She thought to herself “Oh my, this is not good. I hope my shillang won’t ever get to watch this”.

Seungho hesitated and had to look at Hwangbo first and then Yunho who gave him an awkward smile while shaking his head. A short chuckle was heard from him before he answered, “I know this will make her a little awkward but I’ve been asked the same thing before. I remember being on a show where we were both guests. The host asked me if she’s still my ideal girl and I said “Not anymore because I was afraid of what might happen to us”. He looked at Hwangbo who just nodded her head, too embarrassed to say a word. “But…I only said that because I was told by our management that it is best for both of us not to highlight on this. They said that it may happen that our fans will get disappointed because of that. Worst case scenario is that Hwangbo-shii will gain more antis. Of course, as a man I didn’t want that to happen to her. She’s a very nice lady and I wouldn’t want any harm to come upon her”. As he said these, he looked straight into the camera as if talking to the fans watching the show and pleading his case to them.

The MC was quick to react, “Waa. That’s very considerate of you Seungho-shii. I’m pretty sure Hwangbo-shii didn’t know about this either. You must be feeling happy about this Hwangbo-shii? Waa. You have two idols crushing on you!” he said teasingly.

Again, all eyes including Yunho and Seungho’s turned to the lady in question. She was speechless for a couple of seconds as she didn’t know how to react to the two confessions. At the back of her mind, she knew that a lot of fan girls hate her now and worse her shillang might be feeling the same thing should he be watching.

She tried to mask her worries, laughed her infectious laugh and quipped, “Are you guys sure about that? I’m already your Noona. Hahaha! I lot of girls must despise me right now. I should be careful on my way out of this building. Hahaha! ” The audience laughed with her at this comment and one of the older lady guests added, “I think I won’t mind being in your place Hwangbo-shii. Anyway, I would have these two gorgeous young men protecting me. Hmm…will they think the same of me if we changed seats, Hwangbo-shii? Maybe that’s a “charisma” enhancing chair”

Everyone laughed harder at this including the two young idols. Hwangbo tried to laugh with them but she knew that after this taping, she will be facing a different scenario. One of the MCs probed Seungho further, “She is several years your senior, don’t you feel that the will be a problem? Also, how do you feel now that your fellow idol Yunho-shii has also expressed her intention on Hwangbo-shii?”

Yunho smiled at this question and gave a quick glance at Seungho who looked more serious. “Hmmm….well, I think our would be more of an advantage than a disadvantage. She knows things I don’t since she has lived longer, at the same time I have things I know since I’m from a younger generation. We could complement each other if you’ll think about it. We just need to learn to meet half way. That is if and when she decides to consider me as a man and not a junior. Now, about Yunho’s confession, I can’t really blame him and I don’t have anything against it. He is as free as any other man to express his admiration and intention. Hwangbo-shii like I said earlier is a very nice lady and any man could easily fall for her”.

The audience rejoiced over this declaration and couldn’t help but swoon over this young honest man. Even the MCs expressed their admiration of his honesty “Wow! Seungho-shii we never thought we could hear such wonderful and honest words from a very young man! Makes us wonder how Hwangbo-shii would respond to this…eh, Hwangbo-shii?”

All heads turned to look at Hwangbo who felt her whole body froze, tightly clasping her cold hands after hearing Seungho’s straight forward answer. She knew she has to say something in return. But it’s as if her soul left her. A lot of things went on in her mind like “How the hell did I end up here?” “ My antis will be after me even more now” “ This is like getting a first class ticket to Idol fan girls number one hate list” “What are these two kids thinking?” “Why now?”
“How will Hyun Joong react when he hears about this?” “Can my part just be edited out from the program?” “I want to leave this place now!”

Her train of thought was interrupted by the MCs “Hwangbo-shii? Are you still okay?” She quickly nodded her head to make them think that all the while she was listening. Trying her best not to stutter and look even more shocked by what’s going on, she responded, “I feel embarrassed to be praised by Seungho-shii this much. I’m pretty sure there are a lot of girls more worthy of the compliments but I still thank him for saying those things. He sounds more mature than his actual age. It’s great to know there are people who think that way nowadays. I don’t deserve the attention, but thank you is all I can say for now”.

The crowd applauded loudly upon hearing her response and she was just thankful that the taping and her ordeal are almost over…or so she thought. The question that was thrown at her next was something which definitely caught her off guard. It was obvious that she didn’t know what to say at first and she had to think well of her answer.