Stomach Tied In Knots

Pick Me

I shot out of bed.

The day had arrived.

The day.

Tonight was the night I was finally going to prove to myself that Sunny Lee was a real human being. I would be able to hear her voice in person, and see her beautiful person moving about on stage. I would be able to see sweat trickle down her forehead, and watch her smile as the crowd sings her songs back to her.

I had the chance of my gaze meeting hers.

The opportunity for her to see that I exist will come to me tonight, and I will seize it with every breath.

She is perfection, and I am exstatic.

"Sooyoungie! Come and get some breakfast. I won't have you skipping meals because of your excitement," my mom called up to me as I was pacing around my room. The butterflies had engulfed my internal organs, though the sun had only been up for about an hour.

I sprinted downstairs, my hair a mess, but it didn't matter to me because I would sort that out later.

"That's a great look for the concert, dear," my dad chuckled sarcastically, "the hair especially."

Okay, maybe I should have at least brushed it...

I gave my dad a glare and tried to comb through my knotty hair with my fingers, much to no avail.

"Banana bread toast or cereal?" my mom asked sweetly.

"Both."

My dad peeped over his newspaper and smirked, "shikshin..." he whispered.

I glared at him again, "yup. And proud!" I stuck my tongue out and closed my eyes tightly, and I could hear both of my parents laugh.

"Did you sleep well last night darling?" my mom asked as the banana bread toast popped up and flooded the kitchen with it's strong and sweet smell.

"Kinda...  but, hmmm, I had so many weird dreams and I thought I was already at the concert while I was sleeping," I said, reflecting on last night.

My dad chuckled from behind his newspaper.

"Well, you're obviously very excited!" my mom chirped.

I nodded as she passed me my breakfast, "omma, there aren't words for how excited I am!"

My mom beamed and shot a look at my dad, "we did good dear," she winked.

He nodded to her with a grin as I ate my banana toast.

"Thank you so much," I sighed as the butterflies fluttered out of my mouth while I spoke.

"You're very welcome," my dad grinned, and my mom just smiled again, and went to go wash up.