Tickets

Pick Me

"Sooyoung?"

I heard my dad's voice ringing through the house and into my ears. I tried to work out whether he sounded angry or not, and began to wonder whether I had actually set the dishwasher off...

"Could you come down here please?"

He definitely didn't sound angry, thank goodness. So maybe I had set the dishwasher off, well, either that or they just hadn't noticed yet.

I got up from my room and paused my music, cautiously making my way downstairs and into the living room. There were my mom and dad sat looking suspicious on the sofa.

"Eomma, appa," I said as I approached my parents.

"Sooyoungie," my mom said happily, and she had a twinkle in her eye. What was going on?

"Yeah? What's going on?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

My dad stood up with his hands behind his back and looked at me with a slight smile, "you know it was your birthday last week and you said you didn't want anything?"

I nodded... trying to figure out where this was going.

"Well... we couldn't just go without getting you anything so we got you something."

Mom looked really excited, and I was very curious now. My eyes followed my dad's hands as he pulled out an envelope in front of him and held it out to me.

I slowly reached out to take the mysterious envelope. Do I open it slowly, or do I just rip it open? I didn't really know what I was supposed to do.

"Open it," my mom encouraged.

I smiled as my fingers ripped through the top of the envelope seal and I saw something white and rectangular inside; but it wasn't a letter.

I pulled out the thing and immediately noticed that it wasn't paper, it was actually cardboard, and that definitely made all the difference.

It was a ticket.

I looked up and my mom and dad and noticed their beaming faces; it couldn't be. Could it?

I pulled it out and read the letters across the top.

Sunny Lee's Sunshiners Tour - Seoul Arena @ 7pm

"Oh my..." I croaked.

My parents looked at me in excitement.

"Omma, appa... how did you? WHAT. I'M SO EXCITED!" I screamed, running around the room in hysterics. I had never had the opportunity to go to a concert before, let alone the concert of my ultimate idol and dream girl. The fact that my first concert would be Sunny's made me want to keel over and die.

"I can't... thank you enough," I slurred my words as I had already begun to cry tears of joy.

"Sooyoungie, did you really think we would let your birthday go without getting you anything?" My mom said happily.

"Well, I wasn't expecting anything so yeah," I sniffled, clutching the ticket closely to my chest.

My dad shook his head, "silly girl. We love you Sooyoung, and we hope that you have the best time."

"Thank you so much!" I squealed, pulling my parents into a tight hug, the tears still falling and landing on their shoulders.

This was really it, I was going to see Sunny live in concert. I was going to be in the same place as her, and listen to her singing. I would be breathing the same air as her. My idol.

My love.