I don't like this at all.

In Between Today and Forever

Tao shifting to Photography never came up as he sits through his first subject as a 2nd year World History major. He tries to focus all of his attention to the class but his heart is aching to leave the room already.

"This is bad..." He mumbles to himself, knowing full well that he'll eventually want to shift to another course in the middle of the year.

"Rough day already?" A voice next to him speaks and Tao turns to look at another guy smiling at him. There's a slight accent in his tone and with his androgynous look, he's pretty sure he isn't Korean. Tao shakes his head at the stranger, "Nah, just forgot to eat breakfast."

The stranger chuckles, "I'm Ena, you are?"

"I'm Tao. You're an exchange student, aren't you?"

Ena crosses his arms and nods, "That's right! Japanese."

Tao chuckles and beams at Ena, "I'm Chinese. I've just had my vacation in Japan a few weeks back! This is so funny!"

"Awesome!"

Tao settles down and looks at Ena more seriously this time, "Are you a World History major too?"

"Nope. Photography major."

Tao's heart sinks, like deep down to the ground. Here's a Japanese transfer student looking unfairly lively and pursuing a major he's been thinking of transferring into. The Chinese pouts, "What are you doing here, then?"

"I'll explain later at lunch!" Ena beams and turns his attention to the front where their professor finally walks in - 15 minutes late.

Tao raises an eyebrow as he thinks to himself, "Lunch?"

-----

"Tao! Tao!!!" Ena's voice cuts through the crowd when the Chinese male walks out of the classroom after 3 hours of lecture. Tao turns to see Ena running after him in the hallway, when the Japanese male stops in front of him, he's panting for air.

"What is it?"

"Lunch!"

"Are you serious about that?" Tao raises an eyebrow and Ena nods his head rather enthusiastically. Tao looks at the silver ring wrapped around his ring finger, takes a deep breath and smiles at Ena, "Okay. Let's go."

'Meeting a new friend would never hurt.'

Ena slings an arm over Tao and the Chinese subtly pries him off, the Japanese laughs, "Sorry! Too familiar?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm sure we'll be very good friends, Tao!"

The both of them walks inside the cafeteria and Tao is greeted by Kai, Kyungsoo and Yixing. They all raise an eyebrow when they notice the stranger standing next to Tao. "Who's he?" Kai asks and Tao pushes Ena forward, "He's Ena. He's my classmate in World History 201."

"Hi. Boku wa Ena-des," He bows and smiles at everyone, "Yoroshiku-negaishimas."

"Japanese!" Yixing exclaims, and Ena nods, "But I've been here since last year! I know I have accented Korean, but please bear with me."

"We will bear. Nice to meet you!" Kyungsoo smiles, "I'm Kyungsoo. This is Kai and Yixing. Come on, let's get a table. The others are coming soon."

They get settled on the table and Ena takes out an obento box as Tao wa, "Kaa-san still babies me." He tells the group and opens the lid to a very cute lunch. Tao smiles at the sight of a riceball made into a panda. "Your mother is cute."

"You should see how she treated Yoo-niisan. My brother flew back to Japan because of that."

"Who's he?"

The two males turn to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol standing in front of them. Luhan and Sehun catches up, "Who's he?"

"I didn't know you have a lot of friends." Ena whispers to Tao before smiling and facing the new arrivals, "Boku wa Ena-des. Yoroshiku-negaishimas."

After they all get their lunch, as expected, Ena is interrogated by the rest of the guys, "What are you doing here? Do you live alone? Why are you even with Tao? He's so weird, are you weird? You look like a girl!!!!"

"Baekhyun-hyung. Personal space?" Tao asks and Baekhyun moves back to his seat, giving Ena room to breathe properly. The Japanese takes a deep breath and smiles, "I've been in Seoul for almost 2 years now, my stepdad's a Korean and we finally moved here when he married kaa-san. I live with them, and Tao doesn't seem weird. And yeah, I look like a girl. I get that a lot."

"Why are you taking the same subject as Tao?" Yixing asks, and Tao's glad the question came up. It's been bugging him since earlier. Ena shrugs at the question, "Well, I need to complete a certain number of units and since I want to be a travel photographer, I guess, why not? Places get more meaningful when you learn their history."

Baekhyun nods with a grin, "I like him."

"Me, too!" Luhan pipes in, and Ena chuckles, "Aww guys. I like you all, too!"

The Japanese male checks his watch then stands from his seat, "I need to go. My next class starts in 15 minutes! Bye guys! See you around!"

He bids his farewells and runs out of the cafeteria. Once he's gone, 8 pairs of eyes stare at Tao. The young Chinese raises an eyebrow, "Something wrong?"

"Careful." Kyungsoo tells him and Tao scrunches his brows, "Of what?"

Baekhyun shakes his head at Kyungsoo, "Nevermind him, Tao."

Tao rolls his eyes and gathers his stuff, "I have classes too. See you later!" He bids goodbye and leaves. Baekhyun turns to Kyungsoo again, "It's too early to jump to conclusions."

"We all know Tao is vulnerable to this kind of attention, especially with Kris working almost all day."

"Baek's right, Kyungsoo. Let's not jump into any conclusions. Ena's just friendly and Tao's in love with Kris, I don't think this is gonna end up badly." Jongdae explains and Kyungsoo sighs, "Let's keep a closer watch just in case."

-----

Tao's classes ended early and he heads to the supermarket to buy ingredients for dinner. He's thankful that he's just started and things are still isn't as hectic as it's gonna be later in the year. His phone rings as he browses through the stacks of cereals along the aisle.

"Hello?"

'I get off work early. Where are you?'

"You will?! Yey! I'm at the supermarket! Come here!"

'Be there in twenty.'

He ends the call with a smile and proceeds to buy the rest of the stock they'll need in the apartment. He pushes his cart around, going in circles in different aisles as he waits for his fiance. He's busy looking at the boxes of cereals when someone hugs him from behind. "Hey."

"Oh. Hi." Tao turns to Kris and smiles at him before checking the two boxes of cereals in his hands. The blond kisses the back of Tao's neck and squeezes him tighter before letting go. "What are we having for dinner?"

"You decide. It's been a week since you're actually home for dinner."

"Right. Hmn... Let's see..." Kris thinks as the both of them pushes the cart, "How about some spring rolls and dumplings?"

Tao chuckles and looks at Kris, "Weren't those what I cooked for you the first time?"

"They were." Kris pulls Tao closer to him, "And I want them now."

"Then let's head to that section."

-----

They're both having their dinner quietly when Kris breaks the silence, "Hey, Tao."

"What is it?"

"Uhm, I won't be home for at least a week."

Tao drops his chopsticks and looks at Kris, "What?"

Kris scratches the back of his neck, "We're going over some campaign details and the rest of the team will be staying over in a hotel to brainstorm."

"At least a week? Does that mean it can go on longer than that?"

"It can also go on shorter. Look, Tao... I... I'm not asking for your permission, I'm telling you of what's gonna happen next week - that I won't be here."

Tao rolls his eyes and continues to eat, "You didn't have to tell me, then. It doesn't make a lot of difference, it's not like you're here everyday, anyway."

Kris exhales sharply in annoyance but doesn't retort. He finishes his food and takes the plates into the sink before disappearing to the bedroom. Tao sighs and puts his own plates to the sink and follows Kris inside.

"I'm gonna shower."

"Are you telling me that or asking for my persmission?" Tao asks sarcastically and Kris walks past him grumpily. Tao makes an irritated sound before marching to the drawers to get a change of clothes - he'll shower tomorrow before classes.

When Kris returns to the bedroom 20 minutes later, Tao's back is turned to the door. He sighs and lies next to his lover, "Tao... What's happening to us?"

There's no response and Kris takes another deep breath, "Why are we always fighting? Why are we always angry?"

"I don't know..."

"I don't like this at all."

"Me too."

"Aren't we supposed to start over? Take on this next step with a different strategy?"

Tao turns and faces Kris, "I know this has something to do with my immaturity, but I want you to do your part, too. Please...?"

Kris sighs and pulls Tao so that the younger is lying on his chest, "I'll try and take a few days off after this brainstorming and I'll stay home for you. You go and finish your major so we can get married soon."

Tao nods hesistantly because the issue of him wanting to shift to another course still hasn't come up between them, he lies his head on Kris' chest, "Let's try not to fight anymore..."

"Yeah..." Kris mumbles as he draws circles on Tao's back until he can hear the younger quiet snores and his eyes flutter close.

----

And so Kris does leave the following week, the days that has gone by was fairly quiet and devoid of any other arguments since Tao started to get busy with his studies as well. It's a Wednesday, Kris' 3rd day away from home and Tao is slumped on the couch watching TV when his phone rings, he checks the screen and it's Ena calling.

"What?"

'Bad mood?'

"Not really. Just, resting after doing some homeworks. What's up?"

'Wanna grab dinner?'

Tao checks his watch, it's a quarter after 7. He is not allowed to go out at night without Kris and he's agreed with that before and he's not gonna go out now just because his fiance isn't home. "I can't. And I already ate."

'Where do you live? Can I drop by?'

Tao laughs, "I'd tell you, but then my fiance would have to kill you."

'Fiance? Woooah. I didn't know that.'

"Well, now you do."

'I'm sure he's not in the apartment.'

Tao raises an eyebrow, "And you can tell how?"

Ena chuckles from the other end of the line, 'If he's there, this call would have ended by now.'

"Whatever. But anyway, yeah. I already ate but thanks for the offer."

'Alright! See you in campus!'

Tao ends the call and turns off the TV. He's really bored and tired of studying. He calls Kris and fortunately, he isn't directed to voice mail unlike the previous night.

'Tao?'

"I miss you."

Kris' voice goes lower and he responds, 'I miss you, too.'

Tao sighs and puts an arm over his eyes, "I mean it, Kris. I really miss you..."

'Baby, are you okay?'

"I don't know. I just finished with my homework and I'm bored and I called you and now I really, really miss you."

Tao could faintly here shuffling from the other end of the line but he goes on talking. He's sure Kris will cut him off after 5 minutes or so, "Are you busy? It's only 7. Please keep talking to me as long as you can, before your work steals you away from me again."

'I'm here, just keep talking. What's bothering you?'

Tao sighs, "Do you remember? You used to tutor me a lot back then. We'd stay cooped up in my shared dorm room with Jonghyn-hyung but we end up sneaking away from my friends to grab something to eat." The young Chinese chuckles to himself. "I was such a procrastinator."

Kris hums in agreement, "But I loved it. It gave me more time to spend with you."

"Yeah." Tao sits up from the couch and turns off the TV, "It will be our first year anniversary in two months, but I feel like we've been together longer. Do you still remember what we did around this time last year?"

'Yeah. It's the week after we had our first date.'

"It wasn't a date." Tao cuts him off with a chuckle. He stands from the couch and heads to the bedroom, Kris laughs on the other end of the line.

'If you say so. I'm already falling in love with you by this time last year.'

"And I was trying not to fall."

'Yeah. Didn't work.'

"It didn't." Tao sighs, "I'm glad I can talk to you tonight."

'Yeah. Sorry about yesterday. We were really busy.'

"I'm beginning to get used to it. I'm trying to understand, Kris. That's why I'm happy for tonight."

'Are you going to bed?'

"Yeah. I think I'll just sleep early since you're not here to bug me. I don't have classes tomorrow for some event or something so I'll just laze around here. I'm going now, I don't wanna keep you."

'I'll see you soon, okay?'

"Yeah. I love you."

'I love you.'

Tao ends the call and closes his eyes. He lies on Kris' side on the bed and hugs his fiance's pillow tight just so he can inhale the blond's lingering scent. Not more than 10 minutes later, he's drifting off to sleep. Tao must be sleeping for at least an hour when someone wakes him up by pulling him close by the waist, "Hey."

"Oh, Kris..." Tao starts to cry and Kris turns him around, "Baby, why are you crying?"

"I told you... I miss you..." Tao buries his face on his boyfriend's chest, "Why are you here...?"

"Missed you, too."

"How were you able to leave?"

Kris runs his hand lovingly on Tao's spine, "The meeting's done for today and they all went to dinner. I stayed to sleep and you called so I just up and left. Jinki will probably freak out when he finds our room empty though."

"Kris..." Tao pushes himself closer to Kris and hugs the blond tight, "You won't be here when I wake up..."

Kris just kisses Tao's forehead, "I may not be here when you wake up but know that I love you, okay? I love you the most."

-----

Tao wakes up alone, as expected. He rubs the sleep off his eyes and thinks that Kris might have slipped out of their apartment in the middle of the night. He still misses Kris, but last night will do for now. He tries not to sulk about their situation since there's nothing he can do about it since they both know and accepted that things have changed.

When he checks his phone, there's a sticky note stuck to the front:

'Didn't have the heart to wake you up. I left around 2AM. I'll see you soonest that I can. I love you.'

Tao smiles and texts a simple reply:

To: Forever <3
Sent: 09:25:52

I love you, too.


Tao walks over to the window overlooking the city and Spring is in full bloom. There are lovers walking hand in hand, there are students hurrying to their classes and there are vendors selling various food outside. He sighs and decides to charge his camera. If he's not gonna be a Photography major this year, at least he can practice his hobby.

It's quite early so he decides to step out of the room and take a shower then have breakfast after. He's just about to leave the apartment when his phone rings and Ena is on the other end of the line.

'Busy?'

"I'm just about to leave the house."

'You have classes?'

"Nope. I luckily don't have homeworks and anything else to do so I'm gonna go take some pictures."

'Me too! I mean it's for my class but come with me?'

"Sure. I'll meet you at the gates."

And it goes on like that. Tao joins Ena with his free time when Kris isn't around or when he isn't busy. For weeks they've hang out together more than Kris stays at home.

It's one of those days when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo corners Tao in the cafeteria without Ena stuck with him.

"Tao, what is going on?" Kyungsoo asks, and Tao raises an eyebrow. "Nothing's going on. What do you mean, hyung?"

"Ena. And you. What is going on?" Kyungsoo asks again and Tao shakes his head. "Hyung, we're good friends."

Baekhyun claps Kyungsoo's shoulder, "I told you. There's nothing to worry about."

Kyungsoo furrows his brows and shakes his head, "Tao, we know you've been spending time with him. A lot of time, if I should say so."

"Are you guys jealous? If you want to hang out with me, you can always just ask." Tao chuckles, amused. Kyungsoo grits his teeth and Baekhyun rubs a soothing hand behind the wide-eyed boy's back.

"Tao! You are not getting the point."

"Then get to it!" Tao huffs, he's getting fairly annoyed with the way his friend is going around in circles with this 'interrogation'.

"Does Kris even know you're hanging out with Ena?" Kyungsoo bites back and it takes Tao by surprise. He lowers his head and picks on his plate, "He's barely around..." The Chinese pushes his plate away then faces Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, "Ena is perfectly aware that I'm engaged, if you're worried about that. He's just nice, and he's helping me hone my photography skills. And quite honestly, I've improved."

"Tao... It's not Ena Kyungsoo is worried about..." Baekhyun mumbles and Tao raises an eyebrow again, "Me? You're worried about me?" He inquires, voice rising a bit. "You think I'll cheat on Kris? I'm engaged, we're getting married, what are you guys implying?!"

"You don't have to be so angry!" Kyungsoo's voice rises too and they gather the attention of the other students, "You sound so defensive!"

"I can't believe you guys. Both of you, especially." Tao glares at the both males across him, "I'm gonna go. I hope you change your mind about me." He tells them before leaving the table. Kyungsoo shakes his head as he watches the Chinese maknae head to the entrance. He tells Baekhyun to watch Tao, too especially since Ena suddenly emerges and talks to Tao a bit before the two of them exits the cafeteria.

"He's sort of like your bestfriend, Baekhyun. Tell me I was wrong to assume."

Baekhyun sighs, "I really don't know anymore. Kris will cause murder if he learns of this."

Kyungsoo slaps Baekhyun's shoulder, "Why didn't you say something?! I think Tao is forgetting how jealous Kris can get."

"Noticed something, too?" Baekhyun asks and Kyungsoo shakes his head slightly. The other sighs, "I don't think Tao remembers that it's their 1st year anniversary tomorrow."

-----

"I'll take you to your place." Ena tells Tao as they exit the cafeteria, "You don't look too well."

"No. Don't bother. I still have another class before my day ends."

Ena shrugs, "Are you free tomorrow? I'm going to Namsan, I'll take pictures from there. Wanna join me?"

"Well, I have classes in the morning and that's it. I can go, I guess." Tao smiles, "I'll see you tomorrow." He waves Ena goodbye before ducking inside one of the classrooms.

Tao comes home a little after 7 to find the lights on inside their apartment. He knows it's a Thursday and Kris is usually busy on this day trying to meet deadline before Friday comes in. Tao finds his partner's shoes by the front door and when he wanders inside the room, he finds Kris inside the bedroom.

"You're here early." He tells the blond, Kris looks up from his book and smiles at him, "Imagine that." The older checks his watch, "Have you had dinner? I was waiting for you."

"Do you want me to cook? I'm a bit tired." Tao tells the other as he takes off his clothes to change. Kris shakes his head, "No. You don't have to. I bought something on my way home. Let's eat dinner together."

"Mmmkkay." Tao nods, Kris grins and darts out of the bedroom. The younger sighs because he's not that hungry to eat an actual dinner after grabbing coffee and pastries with Ena when his classes ended at 5.

They share dinner together, and Kris notices the lack of Tao's appetite, "Is the food not to your liking?"

"I'm just a little full. I had some snacks after classes."

Kris playfully pinches Tao's non-existent love handles and the younger yelps. The blond laughs, "Stop snacking or else I'm really gonna pinch something there!"

"Sorry! I'll try not to anymore."

"Alright." Kris leans over to kiss Tao on the cheek, "You don't have to finish your food if you don't want to. Just stay with me until I finish eating, is that okay?"

Tao nods, "Of course."

Kris resumes eating, after he's done, Tao tells him that he's gonna shower while the older waits for him in the bedroom. They lie curled up in bed with Tao resting his head on Kris' chest while the other runs his hand through the younger's hair.

"Do you have classes tomorrow?"

"I do..."

"Alright. Then go to sleep."

Tao hums and hugs Kris tighter before willing himself to fall asleep.

-----

Tao wakes up a little around 6 - he has stopped serving breakfast since Kris rarely had enough time to eat, moreso enough days that he's actually there or awake in the mornings. He knows he's alone and he lingers on the bed for a bit because his classes start at 9 anyway.

The bedroom door opens a few minutes later and he's surprised to see Kris with a tray of food. "You're awake. Good morning." The blond greets him and Tao furrows his brows, "And you're still not showered. Aren't you going to be late?"

"It's fine. Come, breakfast in bed."

"You're so sweet." Tao smiles and Kris kisses his cheek. "Trying to make it up to you, of course."

"Awesome!"

They share breakfast and Kris urges Tao to shower immediately. Kris showers next and changes to casual clothes, Tao raises an eyebrow when the blond walks out of the apartment with him.

"Do you have a day-off or something?" Tao asks playfully and Kris says nothing. "Kris...."

"I go to work later at lunch. Satisfied?"

Tao nods and Kris pulls his hand, "Come on, I'll walk you to campus."

They walk hand in hand and a loud squeal erupts when they arrive by the quad and Kris is being tackled immediately, "You're alive!"

"And if you hug me any tighter, I'll be dead."

"Sorry!" Baekhyun steps back and laughs, "Haven't seen you in months!"

"I know. Sorry about that, guys."

"So sweet of you to walk Tao here." Chanyeol adds and the four of them make their way to Tao's department's building. They stop by the entrance and the other couple wait for them to finish bidding each other goodbye first. "I can't go inside anymore." Kris smiles while his arms are wrapped around Tao's, "What time does your classes end?"

"Around 1 in the afternoon. But I might be home around 5 or 6. Student stuff."

"Alright." Kris leans over and kisses Tao briefly before pulling away and letting him go to his classes.

"Anything special tonight?" Chanyeol asks and Kris grins, "I'm having Kyungsoo over to help me prepare dinner. Can you believe it? It's a year!"

"Yeah..." Baekhyun sighs and claps Kris' shoulder, "You make sure tonight is perfect, okay? Make Tao cry again with your cheesy affection."

"I will. See you when I do!" Kris is about to leave when Chanyeol swings an arm over him, "Don't work too hard, okay?"

Kris laughs, "I have to. Unfortunately."

"What's the rush?"

Kris shrugs and smiles widely, "Let's just say that apart from the wedding, he's getting the house he's dreamed of as my special gift."

"YOU BOUGHT A BEACH HOUSE?!?!!" The other couple yells and Kris nods, "The land. I already have a piece of land by the beach in Jeju. I'll start having it done in maybe 6 months or so."

"That's... Really?" Baekhyun's eyes are wide and Kris says yes, "It's a surprise, ok? Don't you dare tell my fiance!"

"We won't. Swear on it!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun raise their right hands and Kris gives a thumbs up. "I'm leaving now, Kyungsoo and I needs to go shopping."

-----

"What are you doing here?" Kai asks Tao after finding him get off the bus. The dancer is walking from practice around 9 in the evening when he's surprised to see his friend with Ena.

"I just got home from Namsan? Ena and I took lots of pictures!" He says gleefully and Kai grits his teeth in annoyance.

"Are you ing serious?!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Tao raises his voice too and Ena pats the Chinese's back.

". Tao! My boyfriend helped your fiance cook your anniversary dinner!"

"Anniversary...?" Tao mumbles and hurriedly rummages for his phone. He finds 2 missed calls from Kyungsoo and almost 15 from Kris, there are more than a dozen text messages from his fiance all asking where he is.

"! !!!!" Tao curses and immediately waves goodbye to Kai and Ena. The Japanese is about to walk away when Kai stops him, "Wait."

"What?"

"It's not that I hate you, it's ok if Tao wants a new friend, but we love that couple and I won't hesitate to break your bones if they break up."

Ena smiles and puts his hands up, "Well, we're not going there. Not that I'm aware that we might be heading that direction, alright? Tao's nice, and I won't be surprised if I end up attracted to him, but if you ask me today, well, no. I'm certain I am not romantically seeing him that way."

"I'm glad we're clear on that. I'm not the only one who is emotionally attached to that couple's relationship." Kai tells him firmly before heading his way back to his own apartment.

Tao runs out of the elevator and immediately heads to their room. When he unlocks the door, the dark room welcomes him and the light from the space underneath the bedroom door is the only light shining. He tentatively takes his steps and slowly opens the door to find Kris reading a book.

"K-Kris... I... I'm sorry."

"There's dinner in the fridge. You can heat them if you want. I already ate." Kris tells him without looking up from his book. The younger bites his lower lip as Kris closes the book and turns his back on Tao, he also turns off the lampshade from his bedside.

"Kris... Please? I'm really sorry. I... I forgot."

Kris turns to him too fast, Tao jerks from where he's standing, "You forgot?! You actually forgot?!!? I'd appreciate it better if you lied and tell me you were busy in university or something." The older's voice is rising and it scares Tao. Yes, they've argued before but this is the first time he's seeing Kris really angry at him. "Tao... . Weren't you the one who reminded me 2 months ago how we're both approaching our first year officially together? My god. I thought you'd have at least noticed this morning how I treated you."

"Kris..." Tao sobs and the blond turns his face from the younger, "I don't know what else to tell you..."

"Where the were you?!"

Tao's cries become more erratic, "I... I was out with a friend."

"Obviously not any from our circle!"

Tao shakes his head from his spot, "A new classmate. He asked me to accompany him to Namsan. And I..."

"I don't want to be in the same room with you tonight, Huang Zitao."

"I'm really sorry."

"Close the door when you leave." Kris tells him sternly before turning his back again and covering himself with a blanket. Tao grabs his pillow and leaves the room to lie on the couch. He wanders off to the kitchen, when he opens the fridge there's steak and mashed potatoes inside. There's also a home made strawberry shortcake. He cries harder as he closes the fridge then notices something sticking out in the trash bin. He takes it out and finds two roundtrip plane tickets to Jeju Island that was supposed to leave tomorrow morning.

"Oh my god. ..." Tao cries harder on the kitchen floor. He takes out his phone and dials Baekhyun's number. After 2 rings, his call is answered.

'Tao?'

"Hyung..."

'Are you crying? Did Kris tell you something special tonight?'

"I didn't make it to dinner. I... I just got home from Namsan and I forgot..."

'YOU FORGOT? Why? Because you were with Ena?!'

"Hyung..." Tao sobs harder and Baekhyun already knows the answer.

'I don't blame him. Tao, I don't know what to tell you. He obviously has every right to be very angry at you.'

"I don't know how I'll make it up to him... He threw away his gift in the trash and I just... He wouldn't let me explain."

'Do you have a perfect excuse?'

"Well... No."

'Good luck with that.'

"Hyung... That isn't helping."

'We're bestfriends, Tao. But you screwed up. You're having too much fun and it's okay but you're forgetting the fact that Kris exists and Ena knows him. Kris doesn't even know Ena and there's a difference.'

"If he lets me talk to him, I'll tell everything. I will tell him all the details... I don't want this night to end this way..."

'Stop being selfish.'

"I'm not selfish..."

'You can't just have everything your way, okay? If Kris is angry, and he needs the space, give it to him. He deserves it, with what you did, he truly deserves some time alone.'

"I... I understand. I'm going to sleep."

'Where?'

"Couch."

Baekhyun chuckles, and Tao pouts, "Good night, hyung." He ends the call and picks himself up from the floor - plane tickets falling. Tao picks it up and takes it with him when he lies on the couch.

-----

Tao wakes up with a jolt when he hears a door close. He turns in time to see Kris walk across the room in his sweats then out of the apartment. He rushes to the window and minutes later, he finds Kris jog away. The clock says 5 in the morning, Tao sighs to himself and decides he's going to make up for last night.

But Kris doesn't come home until late in the evening, still in his sweats and reeking of alcohol. He ignores Tao completely and heads to the bedroom to go straight to bed.

Tao cries again that night in the couch.

-----

Tao stares at the bedroom door the next morning. He waits until Kris wakes up from his sleep. It must have been hours when the blond finally emerges from the bedroom and heads straight to the bathroom. Tao tries not to stare at the bathroom door too as he waits again for Kris to come out.

Twenty minutes later, the blond walks out of the shower and straight to the bedroom. Tao waits for another 5 minutes before getting a glass of water and medicine for Kris' hangover. He opens the bedroom and Kris is in the middle of putting on his shirt.

"Here. You might be hungover." Tao extends his hands but Kris ignores him and proceeds with changing his clothes. Tao sighs and puts the glass of water and medicine on their study desk, "How long are you gonna ignore me for?!" He yells and Kris looks at him.

Tao puts his hands on his face and starts to cry, "I forget you for one day and you treat me like a plague! You're so unfair..."

"I'm unfair?"

Tao nods without looking at Kris, "You've been working too hard for the last 4 months and you're barely home. I barely see you, let alone spend time with you. Most of the time you forget me, too..."

Kris stares at Tao, he doesn't say anything and the younger continues, "I've tried to adjust with the situation, okay? I try not to be clingy anymore when you come home late, or if you come home at all. How many times have I slept and woken up alone in bed?" Tao's cries become more erratic and it pains Kris, too. He realizes how he's also at fault and steps forward to hug Tao who immediately wraps his arms around Kris the moment their bodies connect.

"I'm sorry, too. I'm just a little offended you forgot."

"I get that..." Tao mumbles against Kris' chest, "I would have thrown a nastier fit if you forget."

Kris hugs Tao tighter, "I'm so sorry. I made you cry over the weekends."

"It's okay. We're okay..." Tao looks up at Kris with glistened eyes and tear-stained cheeks, "I missed you."

"Missed you, too."

Tao cups Kris' face and kisses him, in which the blond responds to with more passion. Kris pushes Tao towards the bed without cutting the kiss until the back of the younger's knees hit the mattress and they fall ungraciously on top of each other.

"I really missed you, Kris..."

"Me, too. Missed this."

-----

"Are you okay...?" Kris asks Tao who is lying on his chest, the younger kissess the blond's bare chest and looks at him, "I don't think I can walk for a week."

The blond chuckles and pulls Tao so that the younger is completely on top of him, chest to chest, "That was intense..." The younger checks the watch on their bedside and giggles, "Yeah... We've been making love for four hours already."

Kris' leans up to give Tao a quick peck, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Kris leans his head against the headboard, "What did you do in Namsan?"

Tao jerks up and raises an eyebrow, "Why are you asking now?"

"Because I ignored you days ago. Come on, tell me."

"I'm with a friend... He's helping me with photography."

"Photography?" Kris asks as he shifts their position to be more comfortable, Tao nods, "I... I've been taking a lot of pictures since our trip in Japan, and I..."

Kris raises an eyebrow with the way Tao is being apprehensive, "Go on, tell me."

"I... I wanted to shift to another course - Photography but... I didn't have time to tell you so I just kept on with my major. I just started hanging out with my classmate who's taking one of my classes who's actually a Photography major. I... I was scared to tell you that I want to change my course too since I'd have to delay our wedding."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Kris smiles, "I love you, and I want you to be happy."

"You're okay if I shift next semester?"

"Of course." He kisses Tao's nose, "It's just a short delay, right?"

--------------------


Author's Notes: IF ANYBODY HATES ON ENA I WILL DELETE THIS WHOLE FIC. Not.

But I love Ena. He's my favorite visual kei drummer from xTRiPx and I use his name all the time when I order from Starbucks. Hahahaha.

How can you hate someone so gorgeous like him?

Ena


And he does interviews while in the bathtub.
 

ENA


Wahahahahaha. Keep loving me until the next update. :)