Chapter 3

[DISCONTINUED] Age quod agis

Kris walked home in a bad mood. His Monday had been ruined by none other than that stupid new guy. As if Monday wasn’t a hell already!

Well, basically it was the teachers’ fault that he was so grumpy, but Kris preferred to blame the dark-haired boy for his bad mood, because he didn’t like him anyways.

Those two hours of Latin were probably the worst two hours of his whole life. Tao just kept getting stuck on his text again and again and again and since the teacher had appointed Kris as his personal help, he had to help the boy, whether he liked it or not.

And you bet he didn’t like it!

He really hated to be disturbed while working on something important, especially by that way too happy guy that dared to sit next to him!

Kris still didn’t get why that boy did that,  as he thought that it was pretty well known that you shouldn’t bother him when he is busy. Also, that Tao guy was just way too happy for a Monday morning that started with two full hours of Latin! I mean, even the students who liked the ancient language weren’t so happy about the lessons on Monday morning.

It was just a plain mystery to Kris that that boy was so excited on a Monday morning.

 

Kris woke up from his thoughts as he noticed that he had reached home. He walked inside and put his keys on the table in the hall.

“Anyone home?!”, he called to no one in particular.

Silence.

Kris sighed. Not that he had expected anyone to be home, but he just felt lonely sometimes.

His parents had very hectic working schedules, which resulted in them leaving early and coming home late. Even on the rare occasion that one of them had a day off, they would still be working at home.

It had been that way ever since Kris enrolled in High School, which was about 5 years ago. In the beginning he would be happy whenever his parents were finally home again. Right now he didn’t really care anymore. It wasn’t as if his parents were looking forward to seeing him again, ‘cause if they did, they would be home more often.

Kris did feel a bit grateful towards them though, as he became pretty mature at a young age. The downside of that was the was the most mature in his class and got annoyed at his classmates pretty quickly. Luckily, things had changed for the better over the years, but he still felt the most mature out of his whole class sometimes.

Right then his phone rang. Kris looked at the caller ID and smiled when he saw the name on the screen.

“Hey Amber!”, he picked up.

“Yo Kris, what’s up?”, his best friend answered.

Kris and Amber had been best friends ever since the first day of High School. Kris didn’t have any friends from his previous school and knew no one. During break, he spotted Amber standing alone in the hallway. They started talking and naturally became best friends. Fast forward 5 years, Kris knew everything about Amber and Amber knew everything about Kris.

“Oh, just the usual business”, Kris answered her.

“Great!”, he could hear Amber saying. “Hey, would you like to come over tonight and join me and Vic for dinner? It’s been such a long time since we have last talked to you for longer than 5 minutes!”, Amber asked.

Victoria, or Vic for short, was Amber’s girlfriend of 2 years. Kris hadn’t been that surprised when Amber told him that she liked girls. Amber had always been a tomboy and Kris could just tell that she wasn’t straight whatsoever.

Call it an instinct.

Kris had supported her decision and was happy that Amber had found such a lovely girlfriend.

Still, he couldn’t help but be a little jealous sometimes as he had never been in love before. Amber, however, kept assuring him that love would come his way one day.

Kris just hoped it would be soon.

“Okay, I think I have some time tonight”, Kris answered Amber’s question.

“Awesome! My place at 7?”, Amber said.

“Sounds good to me”.

“See you tonight! Bye Kris!”

“Bye!”

Kris hung up the phone.

Now, the first thing he had to do was his homework, ‘cause he could almost bet on it that he would be with Amber and Victoria for the entire evening.

He sighed, took out his books and started on his pile of homework.

 

 

A/N: I've been really busy the past week and my exams aren't over yet, but I found a little time today to write a new chapter and update it! ^^ I hope you guys haven't been waiting too long for it... >.< Good news is that after my exams this week are done, I will have the whole week off! ^^
Now, about this chapter: I hope you like the appearance of Amber (and the mention of Victoria). Yes, I don't even know what's wrong with my mind, the only thing I know is that I've seen to many cute AmToria pictures... >.< And I know that I promised to let each chapter have a word count of at least 1000 and this chapter is short of about 250 words, but I'm really busy and I actually thought that this was a good ending point. I will try to make the next chapter longer though! ^^

Also, I still don't like the picture for this story, 'cause I don't think it matches the story that well. So, if someone is bored and wants to make a poster, go ahead! ;p

Shoutout to Kasia93, -Anita and Purple_Mush for upvoting!

*fangirl mode on*
OH MY GOD GUYS! HOLY KRISUS! I WENT TO THE EAT YOUR KIMCHI FANMEET IN AMSTERDAM YESTERDAY AND I GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE WITH SIMON! *fangirl mode off*