Tragedies

His Cinderella

8 years ago,

'Ahjusshi, where are we going right now?', Little Suji asked the 2 police officers who were sitting in the front seats, totally ignored her. Tears keep rolling on her red cheeks and her heart already broken into pieces. They dragged her from the hospital into this police car and just drove off, not telling her where they were heading to. She was frustrated, frightened, and angry. Was one tragedy not enough for her?

'AHJUSSHI, WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME TO?', she shouted her lung out, just hoping that they wouldn't ignored her again.

'Kid, shut up already. We are taking you to somewhere nicer. Do you want to live at that hospital forever?', a police officer threatened.

'I'd prefer to stay there. Take me back there! That's where my parents are'

The police officer sighed and added,  'Look here. I don't want to say this because I can see that you're too young to understand this kind of stuff but do you really think that they'd wake up?' This sentence made Suji even more angry. 

'OFCOURSE, THEY WILL. ONE DAY THEY WILL', she protested. 

'It's been a month already since they stay like that. Half alive. They just sleep peacefully like that, not knowing anything. They are in coma now. And you should just give up. Try to study hard, instead', the police officer tried to explained to Suji. 

'But they're my parents', Suji added and started crying louder and louder.

'Finally, we arrive' said the police officer who was driving and stopped the car.

'Wow. Look at this mansion!' The other police officer exclaimed in awe.

Suji stared at the mansion in front of her and blinked her swollen eyes. 

'Kid, this is where you will be living', a police officer said. He was happy for her, at least.

'Nae? Wae?', Suji asked, still didn't get what was happening.

'This is your aunt's mansion!' 

A police officer dailed someone's number and pushed his phone to his ear.

'Nae, we just arrived. We are in front of your mansion now', he replied and a little bit later, he hung up.

'She'll be here in a few seconds', he announced to Suji and his crew. Suji still didn't get it.

What's happening? What's this place?I have an aunt? How can I not know that? Why did my mom never mention about her?

'She's here!', a police officer shouted and pointed to the woman who was walking from her mansion toward their car. 

The 2 police officers got off the car and greeted the lady first. 

'Annyeonghaseyo, Suji imnida', Suji introduced herself and bowed. She was still tired and upset but still managed to greet an elder. 

'Welcome home, dear', the lady replied in a sweet tone and patted Suji's head affectionally, showing an image of an ideal mother. 

'I think we can trust you with her. We'll get going now, Mrs. Park', the 2 police officers bid farewell and got into their car before driving off. 

'You are my aunt? They told me that', Suji asked. 

'You look friendly, just like your mother' she replied in another tone, unlike the tone from earlier and added, 'but yet so poisonous inside'. Suji furrowed her brows. Friendly is a compliment but how about poisonous? 

Since that day, Suji lived in another world. A world of darkness, sorrows, and fears. She thought her aunt would treat her like how her mother did to her but it was totally opposite. She never once heard sweet word or comforting statement from her aunt since that day. She was treated like a servant,  worse than a servant maybe. She was 10 years old but she had to do all the houseworks in that huge mansion. She never knew why her aunt hated her and her mother so much. But good enough, her aunt enrolled her at a simple nearby elementary school and she passed to Secondary School by her ability. Suji was such a hard working student but sadly, she never had enough time for her homework, so it was hard for her to get good grades. She had to get home on time and did everything she was told. Sometimes she felt like her life was exactly the same as Cinderella's but never knew when that Charming Prince of her would come.

Since she lived in this condition, she was such a strong girl, a brave girl, a cheerful girl and one thing that she hadn't change yet, friendly. That's why she had so many friends wherever she went. Everyone around her loved and admired her since she was a kind, well-mannered and very helpful girl.

 

 

5 years ago, 

'Appa, you still work?', Naeun asked her father angrily. Obviously, he was sitting in his office chair in front of his desk and writing. Her father didn't even lift his head to look at his pathetic daughter whom started to cry. 

'Mr.Jung, did you not hear that nobody is welcome when I'm working?', her father asked his secretarty who was standing next to the door with apologetic expression on his face. 

'Sorry, Mr.Son. I tried to stop her but she used all of her strength', Mrs.Jung explained.

'Appa! Are you human? Or did you already forget that mom just passed away a week ago?', Naeun shouted and cried louder. Anger drove her crazy. She hated the fact that her father looked so fine when her mother passed away, the fact that he was still working when it was time for him to rest, the fact that as a father he should comforted her but he never did, the fact that he left her alone at home with the maids and didn't go home at all. She hated it, so much.

'APPA!', Naeun shouted louder. Finally her father lifted his head to look at daughter who was crying. He sighed.

'Son Naeun, how old are you?', he asked. She didn't answer but kept staring at him. 

'13. I thought you are old enough. Why are you crying like a child? WHY ARE YOU SO WEAK? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STRONGER. SO DO I HAVE TO CRY FOREVER JUST BECAUSE YOUR MOTHER DIED?', he shouted. Naeun was shocked. It was so unexpected. She was confused. Did he even loved her before..?

'Appa..', she called him softly. She covered with her hand and ran out off his office.

When Naeun left, tears started rolling down on his cheeks. He blamed her for being weak when he was also like that. He avoided from going home because he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to concentrate on his work well if he remembered all of those memories and he tried to work this hard because he believed in Naeun. He believed that his daughter'd do well in taking care of this big company of him when she got older. After her mother passed away, he rarely went home to meet Naeun so they rarely talked. Naeun was still mad and him and never wanted to talk to him again. She felt like she lost both of her parents, not only her mother. She was confused at how much her father has changed. Is he the same person?

Since that time, Naeun has changed. She felt betrayed by her own father. The friendly and talkative Naeun changed to a cold princess. And she never liked of being called like that. But just because she was cold doesn't mean that she was rude. She was a well-mannered girl but it was just hard for her to make friend with anyone else. Son Naeun who always trusted everyone changed to a girl who trusted less in everyone. She was afraid of getting hurt. She was supposed to be stronger but those things jus made her even weaker. She became insecure. 

                                                                                             

 

Tragedies