Bell

Petrichor

***

 

"Hello?" 

 

"How's the apartment, Kira?" 

 

"It's great. Thank you."

 

"Nah, you don't have to thank me. What's mine is as much as yours okay."

 

"Still, you're spoiling me too much, Ren." a nickname that I gave to Tatsuya.

 

A laugh could be heard on the other line. I smiled.

 

"Met him yet?" 

 

"I just arrived, Ren."

 

"Just asking, who knows what fate could do." I chuckled. 

 

"Whatever, Ren. You believe in nonsense."

 

"Pfft. Now, now. Be a good girl and study hard. Don't forget to call your lonely brother here everyday okay." I nodded but then realizes that he can't see.

 

"We all know that you're a busy man, Ren. The last time I saw, you have a list of deals you had to cover for the month."

 

"Aww, my sweetie apple know me so well. You've been snooping in my office weren't you."

 

"Oops. Busted." We both laughed.

 

"I wouldn't want to miss a call from my favorite girl, so call whenever okay? I'll make sure to answer right away." 

 

"Okay. Good night, Ren." 

 

"Night. Love you sweetie apple." 

 

"Love you too."

 

The call ended.

 

Who would ever thought a yakuza leader like Tatsuya would be so cute and loving. I am blessed to have met such a person. He treated me like his own little sister and spoiled me to no end. I can never repay back to how much he has done to me. Even though he can be sweet, there's also a time where he'll be the yakuza leader that everyone fears of. Mainly when I train with him. God, he's such a devil back then. The trainings he gave is even worse than militaries.

 

However, seeing the result now, I'm glad he did all that. 

 

I open my luggage and fill the closet. It took me just awhile because my clothes aren't that much anyway. I took out a tank top and short. I was changing my shirt when I saw my reflection on the mirror. The dim light made my scars more visible. I trace a scar on my arm and shivered at the touch, I quickly shook off the memory. I put on the tank top and slip into the quilt. 

 

That night was a dreamless night.

 

~

 

It was my first day of school and I was up at 5 for her morning exercise. I was done 45 minutes later and freshen up. I wore my new school uniform and ate pancakes for breakfast. Later, I did my dishes and lock the apartment door. Since the school is just a couple of blocks away, I decided to  walk. 

 

*School, huh* I stood in front of the gate and glance at the silver plate written the school name. There wasn't much students since it's still early. I went to the administration office and they told me my class and schedule. I was ask to wait because my homeroom teacher would fetch me. Her name was Miss Kang and boy, she took the longest time to arrive. The bell already rang when she got here.

 

"About time." I told her. "I'm sorry dear. My name Miss Kang and I'll be your homeroom teacher from now on." she offered a hand to me. I reluctantly took it and pulled away after a few second. "You have your schedule?" I nodded. "Good, and Oh. Welcome to Bangtan High School." She smiled at me. "You don't talk much do you." She stated and I nodded. "I heard you came from Japan. What made you come back to Seoul?" That made me stop my track. She turn to me when she noticed that I stopped walking. "Mind your own business, Ssaem." She nervously chuckled at my hard gaze. Fortunately for her, we already arrive at my class. 

 

I entered the classroom with her and stood at the front.

 

"Class, we have a new student today. Treat her with respect okay" She signalled for me to introduce myself. "Kwon Kira. Nice to meet you" I said, my face showed no emotion. Guys whistled and the girls started throwing glares at me. I could care less about them. "Since we have some time left, why don't you ask Kira some question" Miss Kang said. I gave a glare at her and I could almost see her shrunk in fear. I turn back front and a guy put up his hand. 

 

"Are you taken?"

 

I scoffed inwardly. Boys... "Yes" I answered briskly. I heard groans across the room and rolled my eyes. This time a girl put up her hand. "What school were you in before?" 

 

"I was home-schooled" A series of mutters along the lines of 'She must be rich' erupted. Miss Kang quickly shushed them. The same girl put up her hand again. "What made you come here then?"

 

I took awhile to answer. "I'm searching for someone" The Q & A session ended there and Miss Kang told me to sit at the back where two vacant seats was placed. I didn't bother to ask who my seat mate are and silently sat down. Miss Kang proceeded to take attendance and I look out the window.

 

"Jeon Jungkook?" The name made me turn my head Miss Kang. "Jeon Jungkook?" She asked again. She peered to my direction and sigh. "That kid is always missing. I don't even know what to do anymore" I scan the classroom and the only vacant seat is the one next to me. So that means he's here? I let out a small smile.

 

He's closer than I thought. 

 

 

***