Easy

Petrichor

 

***

 

I watch as my hyungs fought with the other group, B.A.P. They accuse us taking their territory but in reality we just pass by to buy some snacks. Stupid people. 

 

"Yah! Maknae! Come join us. Get your lazy here" J-Hope hollered to me. I stared at him, not moving an inch. They all know I won't fight with weaklings. Besides, it's not fair for B.A.P if I join the fight, they'd be out numbered. The hyungs know my situation, they wouldn't force me to do something I don't like. They don't know about her, they know nothing of my past. I met the hyungs a few months after she left. 

 

"Come on Jungkook, we're done here" I broke off my train of thoughts and looked at the knocked out body on the ground. I pushed myself from the wall and walked to my hyungs. While I was walking over their body, a hand grab my ankle. I stop my tracks and look at the hand. My eyes rose to the owner and I stared blankly at him. 

 

"We'll... get... you... back" Yongguk croaked. I bent down to him, "Learn your lesson for today" I spat. He breathe heavily and fell unconscious. I stood up and walk to my hyungs who was waiting for me. "What did he say maknae?" Rap Monster asked me. "Wishes" I replied.

 

~

 

I pull the hoodie over my head and stuff my hands in my pockets. It's 2 in the morning and the hyungs were sleeping back in the apartment. I made my way to an alley and entered a rundown warehouse. Inside, there are several doors, specially made for securities. This warehouse isn't what you think, its my hideout, my training room. I open the last door and switch on the lights. 

 

Tables full of weapons on my left side and a bar on my right. On the middle was full of mat, for training. I jog upstairs and enter the lounge room. A young man was typing away on the computers. "Finally! I thought you wouldn't come today" he said to me. I sat on the couch and grab a drink. "Find anything?" I ask.

 

"I did, actually" my ears perked up and I look up at him, waiting for the news. "She's in Japan" he sat in front of me. "Staying with a guy named Tatsuya. I don't know if you should be worried about this or not, but that guy's a yakuza leader" After hearing the news, I heaved a sigh of relief. At least she's alive and under good care of Tatsuya. I trust her with him, because he's practically like our brother. 

 

"That's good" I said. The man across me gawked at my statement. "Uhh, you sure you didn't hit your head? Tatsuya is the leader of a freaking yakuza. Hello? Get it in your head" 

 

I chuckled at him. "I know him, Jae. He's like a brother to us" That made his jaw drop. "You know that guy?! I should've expected that" he trailed off. I finish my drink and stood up. I went to the corner of the room where my locker stood. I change out of my clothes to my training attire. "Come on" I told Jaebum.

 

We went downstairs and Jaebum and I got into positions. 

 

Then we started training until the sun rise.

 

~

 

"Where you've been Jungkook?" Rap Mon ask me the moment I step in the apartment. "Out" I was too exhausted to explain further. Jaebum was being hard today, my body is sore all over.

 

"Where exactly is out?" I took off my shoes and walk pass him, intending to ignore his questions. He grab my shoulder and made me turn to him. I look into his eyes blankly. "I'm tired" Rap Mon sigh and release his hand, "Go take a shower, school is starting" I nodded briskly and head to my room.

 

I didn't mean to keep a secret from my hyungs but I don't want them to be involve in my problems. I'm grateful that they accepted me in their gang and didn't probe into my life too much. 

 

I step into the shower and let the warm water wash away the soreness. I could feel some bruises are forming but nothing too severe. I thought back to her and a longing feeling invaded my heart. I miss her so much. At least I wouldn't have to worry about her, knowing where she is and who she is with. The days felt empty without her. Nothing is the same anymore. My world used to be colorful when she's around but it became black and white when she left.

 

I turn the faucet off and wrap a towel around my waist. I change into my school uniform and head outside. The hyungs were having breakfast and talking loudly. I sat on the chair and ate the food. "Dang. You look so tired Jungkook" V pointed at me. I continued eating. "So where did you go again Jungkook?" Jimin asks. "Exercising" I replied briefly. 

 

"You sure? Cuz I can see a bruise on your face there and I was sure you didn't fight with us yesterday" Suga was the one talking this time. I had enough of this conversation. I know they are ganging up to get information out of me. I place my spoon down and stared into the hyung's eyes. "It's none of your business" I spat.

 

"You're our brother Jungkook. We care for you. You could at least inform us where you were." Jin spoke up. He's the oldest hyung and the most caring. I know that but I couldn't bring myself to tell them. "Maybe next time" I said before grabbing my bag and head out the door. The last thing I heard from the hyungs is "At least he's compromising a bit"

 

I walk to school in my own pace. The last night that we spend together I that alley is when I first met Jaebum. The footsteps that we heard was from him. I found Jaebum barely conscious in that alley. He was beat up pretty bad. I helped him recover and since then, we became friends and he's the only one that knows about my problems. Jaebum is really good in fighting because he's the son of a mafia leader. He helped me train to become stronger. He's also good in computers. That's why I ask him to track her.

 

The night that I found him was when he fought with another gang all by himself. He still won though, albeit being half alive when I found him. I really look up to him. The warehouse was an effort made by both of us, I sponsored half of the cost to build it and so did he. Money was never the problem for me. I have my sources.

 

I walk in the gates and head to my classroom. The girls started screaming like crazy but I made no effort to shut them up. I'm exhausted and I want my sleep. I place my bag on the floor, sat on the chair and close my eyes on the table. I was this close to falling asleep when the girls started screaming like crazy again. 

 

"Hey! Jungkook. Why didn't you wait for your hyungs huh?" J-Hope sat next to me and slung his arm on my shoulder. The other hyungs took their seats around me. I lifted my head from the table and glared at everyone in the classroom. Sensing the tense aura I gave off, J-Hope retrieve his hand back and scooted a bit from me. 

 

"Okayy guys. Let the maknae have his sleep, yeah?" Suga said.

 

***