Watch Your Step

Crying Over Spilled Milk Tea

“Luhan!”

 

The boy in question snaps his head up at the sound of his name, setting aside the manga he had been absentmindedly flipping through. He watches with a goofy grin as his brother, caught in that awkward stage between childhood and adolescence where his long, gangly limbs flail where he doesn’t want them to, stumbles over his own feet in his haste to catch up to his precious Luhan-hyung. When Sehun trips over a stray tree root just barely poking up from the ground and lands on the ground, dirtying the knees of his new school uniform, and is up hardly two seconds later, Luhan can’t suppress a grin.

 

“Hyung!” Sehun shouts, barreling face first into Luhan’s sturdy chest with a muffled oomph.

 

“What’s the hurry, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asks, playfully ruffling Sehun’s hair as he holds his little brother close. “Hyung’s here every day, there’s no need to be excited.”

 

“I want to spend every second with Luhan-hyung!” he answers with a “duh” expression, eyes gleaming as he looks up at his brother and takes his hand firmly.

 

“Hyung, I missed you! Did you miss me?” Sehun pesters.

 

Luhan purses his lips in mock-thought.

 

“Hyung!” Sehun whines, wriggling in an attempt at aegyo -which Luhan will never admit is very successful.

 

“Yeah, I guess I did.”

 

“Can we stop by the bubble tea store, please please please?” Sehun begs, widening his eyes and pursing his lips in a way that he knows always makes Luhan’s frown falter.

 

Luhan crinkles his nose at the thought of down another cup of milky sludge and gooey tapioca snot-balls, but he makes the mistake of glancing down at Sehun, and before he knows it, a “yes” spills out of his mouth.

 

Luhan watches Sehun try to scurry quickly, little legs waddling as he tries to get ahead of his brother. Luhan catches up in just a few easy strides. Soon, he’s ahead of Sehun, who’s scrambling to catch up.

 

“Hyung,” Sehun says, too loud and exuberant for the quiet atmosphere of the cafe. “I want chocolate! Can I have chocolate? Can I?”

 

Luhan narrows his eyes, not forgetting how Sehun always pours the milk tea out to get to the bubbles at the bottom. But those lips are pouting again, and Luhan just can’t say no.


Luhan smiles. “Whatever you want, Sehunnie.”

 


Woo hoo, first chapter finally up~! Thanks for being patient! I hope you like it~! Please let me know what you think of it~! 

Heads up: the angst hasn't come yet, which you can probably tell :P