[FINAL] Part 3:

Just A Regular Girl.

You looked at Kris standing there, rubbing his neck after he apologized. Was that all he had to say after everything? You took a deep, shaky breath to try and calm your emotions.

It’s okay. I didn’t expect much from you anyways. This was way too early for us…”, you replied softly, looking down and rubbing your belly.

N-no, I-I didn’t me—”, he began, his eyes wide with panic.

We’re too different. It wouldn’t have worked anyways. The gap between us is far too wide. I'll never reach or be where you are”, you replied gently, cutting him off.

Even then, all that doesn’t matter now. You have a girlfriend who loves you. You can’t be bothered with something like this”.

———

Kris couldn’t do anything but stand there and listen to her talk. He couldn’t imagine what she had to go through alone after he left her. He watched her standing there with a forced smile as tears slowly started to make their way down her cheeks. He instinctively reached out to wipe them away but before his hand reached her face, she quickly wiped them away herself and smiled at him. That’s what she must have been doing this whole time. Wiping away the tears by herself. Doing everything herself. Enduring this all alone. All because of him…

———

He was still standing there speechless. Did you say too much? It didn’t matter, it had to be said, but it’s not like he’d break up with her to be with you again. He wouldn’t be able to be there for the baby either way it went. You were in this alone. You always were from the moment you found out you were pregnant. Somewhere in the back of your head you already knew it would turn out that way.

———

I’m sorry”, Kris mumbled again as he took her hands into his.

I’ll try to be there as much as I can for you and our son…”, he continued sincerely.

No, it’s okay. You don’t have to”, she replied.

You have your own life to live, you shouldn’t be bothered by mine on top of that”.

What do you mean?! You’re having my baby, how can I not—”, he said, raising his voice, feeling his anger build up.

It’s okay!”, she said sharply cutting him off, pulling her hands out of his grasp once again.

It’s okay. I’ve been okay by myself so far so I’ll be okay by myself in the future”.

His heart hurt so much hearing those words. He felt tears building up in his eyes. He quickly blinked them away as he his lips and took a deep breath. He should’ve fought harder for her back then. If he loved her as much as he told her, he should’ve fought harder, but he didn’t. He let the company run his life and make his decisions with his relationship with her. He even got into another relationship less than six months after their break up. It might have just been an outlet to try and get over her, but now he had a baby who he’d never see. Never get to hold. Never get to kiss. Never get to see grow up. His son would never know who he was. That broke his heart. He never felt like this before, but he guessed that was his punishment…

Suddenly she spoke up again, shaking him out of his mental trance.

You should go now. She’s waiting for you”, she said softly with a weak smile, gently touching his arm.

Don’t make her wait”.