Chapter. 3

You & Me Against The World H I A T U S

Chapter. 3 goes here!
Hope you will like it. ;)

 

 

Chapter. 3

 

Flashback…

 

The small sound of knock turning made him flutter his eyes and in seconds he was up. His eyes locked with her body that was still laying there soundless. The sounds of the machines were now multiplying. The door opened with gentle push and soon there was another figure in the room. Jiyong looked at the nurse with questioning look while hers was bit startled.

 

"Mr. Kwon, are you still here?"

 

The nurse looked at him, his eyes were puffy, hair a mess and by the look of it he seemed far away from his put together image that she saw in tv and internet. He quickly shook his head with no words before his gaze fell at the girl by his side. Her eyes followed his and something about the scene tugged at her heart painfully.It has been several hours now and her condition wasn't getting any better, it wasn't going worse either but she didn't want to say that to him since it wouldn't help his state at all. She saw how Jiyong held to her hand, it was against the rules but she decided not to say anything. Something told her he needed to hold her and Olivia needed to be held. 15 years she has been a nurse and during those years she came to learn that every patient could all feel the warmth and care of those who loved them even how critical their condition were.

 

"Your friend will be alright."

 

Hearing this he turned his head at her. Seeing the look in her face he saw understanding. She knew Olivia was more than friend to him, but she understood their situation and he was grateful for that. Not saying anything he nodded adding a small smile as gratefulness. Poeple like her was what this world was missing, people who meant good. But with his fame there were also people who wanted to do good, but that good was only a way that benefited them. Way that made them think they deserved him if they made him the way they wanted him to be. People that loved him not for who he was but who they wanted him to be.


Theirs.

 

End of flashback….
 

 

Jiyong rolled to his side, his hand automatically reaching for her but came contact with only a thin air. As if in cue his senses took notice and he opened up his sleepy eyes. Small part of him felt the disappointment but he's not surprised. Sighing out loud he sat up to glance at the time. 7.30 am. She must have already left by 7 am since she had important meeting to attend. Finally dragging himself into the bathroom he turned the shower on, hoping this would wake him up asap. He has to be in the airport in  one hour since he was going to fly to Japan, for the Nakoya concert. Luckily with this concert he was going to be reunited with the rest of the BIGBANG boys, having all of them together meant good times and that managed to light up his mood a bit.

Getting out of the shower and dressing up his suitcase was all ready by the front door. Quickly making his way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water to go he found himself smiling widely when he found small surprise by the kitchen table. 

 

Sorry that I didn't wake you up.

You looked like you needed all the rest you could get.

 

Here's little something for the car drive.

Do eat.

I'll call you later tonight.

 

Love you.

 

O. x

 

By the table was nicely packed lunch box. Note-it with 'Eat Me' placed on it. This was small effort from her but it meant the world to him. He knew she was busy as hell with everything surrounding the fashion house but small things like this was enough to bring the smile in his face, but he couldn't ignore the other feeling that grew inside, that feeling of realisation. Their careers were growing fast, and so was their relationship but was it growing as fast?

 

"This is perfect. And this… and also this. Good job team!" Olivia smiled looking around at the designers. They had their weekly meetings where they go through everything concerning the collection. Her team was smaller compered to Velvet but she had the top people working with her which she was glad of. Quality came before quantity always. Finishing up the meeting she made her way to her office and checked her phone after few hours. Smile graced her face seeing the message from Jiyong. It was clear to see he loved the small breakfast surprise for him. She right away felt the missing feeling grow in her. By now of course she was used to him being away more than him being at home, but the more they were together the more him being away felt hard but she was coping and now when her work was increasing she found something to keep her busy.

 

"I'm here! But first coffee." Placing large cup of coffee on her desk Liam made himself comfortable on the seat opposite from her. She smiled big at her best friend and the coffee, it was just what she needed. The two had a meeting regarding the future plans of the company since they owned half and half of the whole company. Having Liam on board with her was something she was happy about it. It was possible for her to establish the fashion house by herself but having Liam's creative skills and logical thinking was what made it successful. 

 

"Thank you."

 

"No problem. Now listen up. First retailer was chosen and the outcome is perfect. Seoul fashion week is coming up, then we need to start meeting with more retailers. Colette from Paris has contacted, Harrods is interested and New York would also be good addition to the retail list. What do you think?"

 

"Oh wow…. sounds good. When is this all happening?"

 

"During this summer. As soon as we get the new collecting showcased here in Seoul we need to start booking meetings with the retailers and start having presentation with them. I've already been talking with Colette and they are very interested, I think we should go there during the Paris mens fashion week." Liam went on. This was one of the reasons he was the second half of the company. He brought good points into the table and this is why Olivia Lee Designs was fast rising brand in Korea and from Korea.

 

"Let's do it."

 

"Everyone smileeee!" Daesung said loudly before he flashed big smile himself and the picture was taken. Jiyong reached for his phone to check the outcome. Smiling he pressed done and like that the picture was uploaded to his instagram. Him and the boys arrived to have a dinner together now that they were all here for Jiyong's concert in Nakoya. It has been a while they dined together like this and they all had plenty of things to chat about. They were all talking about tonights concert, it was obvious to see how much they all missed performing together even though it hasn't been too long ago that they did their world tour. All five of them enjoyed doing their solo stuff, TOP with his movie, Daesung releasing album in Japan while Seungri and Youngbae were both preparing their solo albums for the latter half of this year. But when they came together as BIGBANG, it was pure magic and they knew that. But them being guys the conversation turned towsrds one topic that was both interesting and confusion; women.

 

"Seungri you need to slow down the pace. We don't want the same thing to repeat." Youngbae warned the maknae who was boosting around his not so active social life. 

"Yang president gave me the speech that I don't want to be repeated so don't worry hyungs." He said assuring them. Then his gaze fell at the leader who was for some reason being silent. Mischievous grin replaced his smile and Jiyong knew he was in trouble. 

"How is hyung and noona doing?" Seungri asked trying to keep his face as innocent as possible but Jiyong knew it better.

"We're doing well, Seungri."

"Good. I tried calling noona the other day for lunch. She seems really busy." Seungri continued, he was aiming for more and by now everyone around the table knew that. Jiyong glanced at Youngbae but got small grin back, signalling him that he was on his own with this one. 

"She is, even I can't get her to have lunch with me these days. What makes you think you will?" He said matter of factly.

"Because I am cute and noona likes me." Jiyong shot him a look which only made the maknae to grin. It was no surprise that Seungri was truly Jiyong's favourite maknae. The two came along so well and when things got hard on tour he was that happy pill that made him smile when he needed that.

 

"Hyung, I'm just kidding. You and noona are perfection together and someday I wish to have the same thing." He added with such sincerity proving his real thoughts. Seungri just like the rest of the boys loved Olivia, and though he sometimes teased his Jiyong with his words he never meant them. For him Olivia was that part of Jiyong he always needed and she fulfilled it perfectly. In his head the two were a power couple that would never break up. 

 

"I agree. But how are things now that you guys are together but she's not working for you anymore." TOP questioned. He was the one member who has been doing his solo stuff the longest that they haven't had the chance to really talk for a while now.

"Things are perfect, but bit hard to be honest. Since she's not my stylist anymore we're of course not seeing each other as often as we wanted but we just work harder to make it happen." Jiyong explained. He felt at ease to talk with the boys, they and the YG family members all knew about him and Olivia. Even president Yang knew but he hasn't said anything to him about it so far. That he took as approving since he would have been more vocal about it if he didn't like the idea of them two dating. 

 

"Yeah, she's really known in the fashion industry so spotting you two together way too often can lead to suspicion among the people." TOP stated having point there. Jiyong nodded, while she was working for VELVET she wasn't really known too well but now since she had her brand carrying her name she was getting ore recognition. That was something he was happy about since her designs were amazing and both she and the brand deserved all the success but it also brought certain wall between them, wall that distanced the two of them in the eyes of public and if they came too close to that wall people would start talking. Keeping their personal life and public life was a challenge that was much harder to do than say.

 

The elevator doors wrecked open and Jiyong stepped out with Youngbae. The two had their rooms located in the same floor while the rest of boys were in other floors. 

"I got really good lyrics, but I won't reveal anything yet." Jiyong grinned as they came halt infront of their hotel rooms.

"I see, it better be good one then. I can't wait to get this album done." Youngbae said as they were talking about their solo albums. Both Jiyong and him were both preparing for their solo albums. Jiyong's was going to be released first since he was ready with most of his tracks.

"No worries bro. I got you." He flashed a big smile making Youngbae smile back.

"I believe ya. Good night!"

"Night!" And with that the two went in to their hotel rooms. Yawning a bit he kicked his shoes off and jacket as he walked further to the room. They were of course staying at one of the greatest hotel's in town but as always they never felt warm and home like his own place or her place did. Instantly his mind travelled at Olivia. He pulled his cellphone out and saw the many like notification on his instagram, one of them was by her. Not even scrolling the feed he went straight to her account and saw that she had posted new picture just 15mins ago. He used to remember how long it took him to persuade her to get a instagram since she really hated social media, he failed convincing her to get twitter but with instagram he got lucky. She was extremely privet person, even more than he was and her getting the instagram was a huge thing but since she was a visual person she liked the idea of documenting little things of her life there. The picture she posted managed to make his heart skip a beat as it was about her laying reaxed on the bed with Mani next to her. The intense look in her face was only a look he knew. This picture was for him, her being wrapped around a blanket with Mani and the necklace he gave her visible in the picture was the proof. He didn't waste time and hit the call button and instantly she answered in the other line.

 

"Come on skype."

 

Legs crossed on top of each other he had mac on his lap while his back was rested against the headboard. He smiled big when the video chat opened and he saw the same big smile greet him back. She was wearing thin strapped night dress, no make-up as her hair was opened framing her beautiful face. Mani had made himself comfortable right next to her as he now stared at the screen before moving his paw around when he realized it was Jiyong in the other side of the screen. Chuckling lightly he waved making the cat even more active.

 

"Aright now Mani, you can't touch him." Olivia giggled nuzzling the white furred cat.

"True, your mami would have been all over me if that was possible." Jiyong grinned making Olivia giggle shaking her head.

"You already started. How was the concert?"

"It went well. Fans went crazy when they saw the rest of the boys. It almost felt like BIGBANG concert than my own."

"Yeah? No wonder. You all are so good on your own but it's magic when you're together." He smiled hearing that. She was right. They talked bit more about the concert and effortlessly the conversation moved to her work.

"Loads of things are happening this summer." She said making her position better as she too was laying on her bed.

"Yeah? Like what?"

 

"Retailers from Paris, London and New York had already contacted to get the clothing in their shops. Tokyo just called today so we're growing." She said. There was that sparkle around her eyes. It showed him and everyone around her just how much she loved her job.

"Livibaby that's amazing! So that measn you're getting busier, huh?"

"Yeah… I'll be leaving with Liam to Paris the day after tomorrow. We'll check out the menswear fashion week and attend meetings regarding retailing O.L designs."

"The day after tomorrow? I guess we will miss each other since I was thinking about coming home for few days before flying to Bangkok. But it's okay. When will you be back?" He tried to hide the small disappointment in him but didn't feel bad about it when he saw the same one cross her face when he told her they would miss each other when he would come to Seoul she would be flying out. Her expression got deeper as she bit her lip before telling him the following words.

"I'll be gone for week and a half."

 

"Oh…"

 

"Yeah…"

 

Their schedules were always tight but it was just now when they realised that they couldn't always compromise and they would cross each other like this.  Her going to Paris for week and half meant that when she came back he was already in Jakarta where he was going to have two gigs.  They were both bummed about the fact but he didn't want her to feel about something that was her work. 

 

"I'll be back from Jakarta on 17th and my next gig is in Kuala Lumpur on 22th so we have couple of days to make up for the ones we lost. Be prepared." Just like that he managed to make her smile and lighten up the mood right away. This is how they made it work. Other way of compromising. His way always involved extra activity but she didn't complain, not at all.

"I'll be ready. Make sure to save some energy for me." She said her tone spiced with flirtation that it made his sense tickle.

 

"I see. Well I usually use all my energy on concerts since my fans require the best…" He said having his teasing game on. Olivia narrowed her eyes at him right away catching up with his small game. Not saying anything she sat up bit better placing the laptop on the matress. Jiyong's eyes followed her every step. His breath  got quick when he saw her slowly removing the blanket from her body. The action was very simple but the way her eyes were blazing made it more . Her hand went over to her shoulder letting one strap fall from it so that her right shoulder and top of the was visible. She grinned victoriusly when she saw his eyes getting bigger and more hungry. She was about to reach the other one when all of a sudden the door to Jiyong's hotel room opened and loud Seungri stepped in.

 

"HYUNG!"

 

Both Olivia and Jiyong jumped up in suprise. Jiyong looked up to see Seungri get in and in a second he jumped on the bed with him. Olivia registerd what was happening and quickly pulled the blanket over her as Jiyong didn't shut the connection.

"I got awesome idea for my album!" He said happy but soon his smile faded when he saw the look in his hyung face.

"Oh, did I interrupt something?" He asked and not even waiting for answer he peeked at Jiyong's mac to see Olivia on the screen.

"Noona!" He said happy as he waved at her happy. Olivia couldn't help than laugh seeing both their expressions. Jiyong's expression could kill if that was possible.

"Heey maknae-ah. How are you?" She asked making Jiyong look at her with even more furiousness in his expression. Since she asked that meant he would never get rid of Seungri now. Seungri moved the laptop bit to his way so he could answer.

"I'm good! How are you? Are you in Seoul?"

"I'm good too. Yeah tonight and tomorrow and then I'm flying to Paris." She said. Even though Seungri disturbed really steamy moment she couldn't deny the fact that she liked talking with him.

"I see. When will you get back? I wanna see and chat with noona, It has been too long." He said making her smile.

"I'll be back in a week and half. I will call you then. Let's have a dinner all together. You and the boys can come over to my new place and I'll cook." She said getting him smile big.

"Sounds great! I'll tell other hyungs." He said happy but the smile faded seeing his hyungs expression.

"Oh. I need to let hyung his computer back. See you soon noona." Quickly saying that he moved the mac back and got out of the bed but didn't leave. Jiyong raised his eyebrow as a question.

"I need to tell you the idea." Seungri said innocently.

 

"You guy's go ahead. I will need to go sleep anyways." Olivia said making Jiyong frown deeply whens he said that.

"But…"

"We'll continue another night, but I'm sure this helped you to remember to save the energy." She winked. Jiyong smiled a little nodding.

"Alright. I'll talk to you tomorrow then. Sleep tight."

"You too. Good night maknae-ah." She said grinned as Jiyong was back to his frown. 

"Good night noona!" Seungri managed to say before Jiyong closed the connection. He set the computer aside and looked at one person he wanted to kill right now but couldn't.

 

"You have 5minutes to explain your idea before I kick you out."

"Okay, I was thinking about track featuring you, me and Youngbae hyung." Seungri said smiling a little.

"What? No." The smile in his face didn't fade as Jiyong hoped since he wanted to give him hard time before saying yes.

"Too late. I already told president Yang and he said it's a great idea since you both will have your comebacks after me." Jiyogn frowned as he was once again defeated by the maknae. Seungri was very smart and him pulling this kind of move on him was no surprise at the end of time.

"Fine. You prepare the track I will write my own lyrics."

"Deal!" Seungri said pulling his hand out for him to shake on it. Sighing out loud Jiyong shook his hand before giving him kick in the side.

"Now get out." Seungri nodded since he got what he wanted and walked towards the door.

 

"One more question. What energy was noona talking about?" He asked with certain smirk that meant he knew the answer but wanted to annoy his hyung. 

 

"Get out!"