Chapter. 1

You & Me Against The World H I A T U S

So here it is, the first chapter. Thanks for the wait anfd the enormous love for it.
Welcome all the new readers that subscribers, if there are some old readers I wanna say hi and thanks for continuing this journey with me.

Here's goes the first chapter. It will start with the present time before going back with the flashback, explaining just how things happened.
I hope you will like it. 

Glanzzie xx

 

 

Chapter. 1

With trembling hands his breath was a slow hiss. He took a step closer, only thing he heard was the painfully loud sounds of the machines around her. The needle stuck to her hand, her small fragile hand. The mask around her face. His whole body went through a stab that completely shook him. Her beautiful face was covered in bruises, the streaks of blood showed him the damage and pain she went through. His eyes watered as he watched her body lay there, powerless. Her body was so small and limb and he didn't want anything else than to just grab her and hold her in his arms, but he couldn't. She was in a critical state that he wasn't allowed to touch her while the machines showed the low beating of her heart. 

"Livi… baby" His voice hoarse and small he talked to her, nothing. Taking the seat beside her bed his gaze fell at her small hand. There were bruises all over it while the needle was stuck to it. Despite the rules he took it, aching to feel her, to caress her. His heart missed a beat when he felt how cold it was. Quickly closing it around his own hand he tried to warm it, give a little bit of warmth of his. 

"I'm sorry baby… I'm so sorry." He choked the words as the tears kept rolling down his eyes. The thought was so strong, this was all his fault. If he haven't been so selfish, if he haven't said the words.

 If he haven't let his fame collide with their personal life she wouldn't have been here fighting for her life.

 

Flashback….

"It's perfect…"

Slowly Olivia's eyes moved from the long white walls, there were no frames on them, no curtains on the huge windows but the way the sunlight illuminated the space gave her the strong feeling of belonging. It was more than perfect. Setting her eyes at the older lady with round glasses she nodded.

"I'll take it."

Signing the name and she was handed the keys, keys that now allowed her to her new apartment. Olivia sighed happy looking around her new loft designed apartment. The location was in the heart of Seoul in Jamsil, Han river was right there for the open view of the apartment. Turning her gaze from the windows she had the view of Liam sprawled out on the floor. She couldn't help the laugh that escaped from as she watched her best friend on his worst state.

"Tell me again why did we go out celebrate last night and then be on moving stuff this morning?"

"Well, it was your birthday so we had to celebrate it. But for you celebration means getting completely wasted. I in the other hand didn't go that far since I knew, we both knew I was going to have the moving in today." Her explanation received a heavy grown as he took his defeat, once again. 

"Fine. I'm up." He mumbled as he got up from his spot and made his way to where Olivia was standing. Looking at the beautiful view of Han river he smiled too.

"You got a good one."

"I so did." Smiling Olivia looked at Liam, he was dressed into pair of shorts, loose white t-shirt while he had a new longer hair-do. Letting them be in soft waves the girls were falling for him, even more than usually. And he was enjoying it.

"Now, shall we go and shop some furniture?" She asked excited. And even though Liam was in need of a sleep he couldn't help himself when he saw her happy self. Nodding the two linked arms and left the apartment that so far had her clothes only. Olivia has been living with Liam ever since she moved away from the penthouse that was her work apartment from Velvet, the former brand she used to work as the creative director. 

Summer has already arrived to Seoul, it was the end of May and the weather was getting hotter and hotter everyday. Olivia Lee Designs fashion house was rapidly growing as one of it brands in Seoul and had already received love from abroad too. This also meant more work for the team but they were all enjoying it the fullest. Olivia felt more and more in love with her work, it wasn't even a work it was a lifestyle.  Arriving to the furniture store the two went crazy with the options. Liam has long forgotten about the hangover and was now testing out the beds in the store.

"How about this one?" He asked making her frown a little as he was laying on the bed too comfortably. 

"Don't give me that look, I'm just testing it." Liam tried to defend himself.  "I bet Jiyong would like it." He added with a teasing grin. The bed was huge, and he was right. She did think of Jiyong when she saw it though she wasn't going to admit that to him. 

"So where is he now?"

"Shanghai. He has the second concert today so he will be back tomorrow morning." Jiyong has been on the World tour that kick started this March in Seoul. Unlike with the BIGBANG world tour, she attended the first day of the Seoul show. With the preparation of the new collection and the tour the two haven't seen each other much but the Skype and phone calls were in good use. 

"We will deliver all the furniture tomorrow morning." The sales lady said to Olivia after an hour of thinking and finally selecting the new furniture for the apartment. Including the bed that she liked instantly. 

After finishing up their round of shopping the two grabbed some take-away before heading towards Liam's place since the furnitures were going to arrive to her new place next morning. Just like always the two had fun while chatting about anything and everything with a bottle of red wine of course.

"I am gonna miss this when you move to your place for good." Liam said with small smile that didn't really reach his eyes. Olivia nodded agreeing with him. He enjoyed having his best friend there, though they worked together and saw each other everyday but even when the two were liing under the same roof they didn't see too often since she was staying at Jiyong's place whenever he wasn't abroad. 

"One more?" He asked opening the second bottle.

"I don't think it's a good idea Liam…"

"Don't worry I'm not even tipsy yet."

"Oh my gooood…." Liam groaned while holding his head with one hand and paint brush with the other. Olivia rolled her eyes moving away from him to paint another wall. The two were back to her loft doing some painting before the furniture would arrive.

"You're the worst helper ever!"

"I have a hangover woman."

"You have a drinking problem, trust me." She said shaking her head at him. Liam had managed to get drunk last night too and here he was again complaining. 

"No I don't. The wine was too good."

"Excuses, excuses. Go on, I will finish this up. Go home and rest." She said letting him get away with it this time.

"Are you sure?" He asked eyes gleaming with excitement. Olivia nodded, he had helped her enough with everything that he did deserve some resting time.

"Yeah, but no drinking tonight, we have a meeting tomorrow morning." 

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good one more thing, I'll be here for a long time so could you bring Mani with you when you get back?"

"Sure do, I have my keys here. See you tomorrow!" Kissing her on the cheek and he was gone before she could say anything else. Olivia shook her head at her best friend, for some reason the men in her life were the most irritating once but they brought so much joy into it. Going over to the stereos, she had the latest Daft Punk album on and pressed her favourite track on. Soon enough Pharrell Williams voce filled the loft getting her into good mood as she continued the painting. Just dressed up in short jeans shorts and a over sized t-shirt she was in her own element until knock on the door interrupted them. Quickly going over to it she was happy to see the furnitures had finally arrived. 

"You can place that over there." She said helping out the two very built men who were carrying her couch. "You can put that over there." Slowly the apartment was getting filled with the furnitures and once they set everything up and left she was alone again. Grabbing the ladder she started on working the upper side of the walls. Whenever Olivia was working on something she always had music blasting in the background. The music was so loud that she didn't realise she got herself a company.

"I think you missed a spot right there…" The voice said just when the song ended making her to turn her head around and almost lost her balance. Jiyong flashed a smile before looking at Mani on his arms. "Don't you think, Mani?" Setting the cat down he went over to her as she made her way down but he caught her just before she reached the floor. Scooping her into his arms they were connected on passionate kiss. Wrapping her legs around his waist she sighed loving to have him there again. No phone calls or video chats ever felt as good as physical touch. The scent, the warmth that he always managed to have. Finally the two pulled away to catch some air. Caressing her cheek he set her down.

"Hey baby girl." He murmured against her lips.

"Hey, welcome back."

"Glad to be back." kissed her once again before looking around. Olivia bit her lip watching him observe the apartment with slight focus. The two had some disagreement  about the whole apartment thing.

"What do you think?"

"It's good, fits you but it's not perfect…" Jiyong said finally setting his eyes at her. Olivia frowned a bit. 

"What? Why?"

"It's not my place."

"Jiyong…" She said with sad tone in her voice. Jiyong quickly wrapped his arms around her before she could escape from him. This was exactly what made her nervous. Jiyong couldn't help himself, he always had the comfortably to be honest with her and this was one of those times when him being completely honest made her frustrated.

"I know we have talked about it, but you've been staying with me for so long that I've gotten used to it."

"I understand, you have a point there but I do need to have my own place. We haven't been together for so long to move in." She tried to explain herself and Jiyong saw the point in her words, but deep inside he knew he was right. Ever since they got back together she has been living with him more than she was with Liam with whom she was sharing the apartment. The whole apartment hunt only started once Jiyong left for the world tour.

"True, but time doesn't define our relationship… But it's your choice, are you 110% about living here?" He questioned, he knew Olivia. She was a strong headed, quality that made him mad but also completely head over heels for her. 

"Yes. Yes, I am. But about one thing I'm not quite sure…" She said making his raise an eyebrow when he saw that certain look upon her face. Grinning a little she grabbed his hand and leaded them to the bedroom side.

"This bed…. do you like it?" Olivia watched how his face turned into little boy smirk as he looked at the bed and then at her. 

"There's only one way to know it." And before she knew she was thrown on the bed and Jiyong's body was right there where she wanted. As she guessed he did like the bed and the apartment got instantly the home feeling to it. He loved how she knew to change the subject into a pleasant one. And though he respected her decision he still had a bad feeling about her living alone.