That Night

I Can't (Forget Your Love)

It felt like the rest of the world could wait...

It felt like the rest of the world was waiting for us...

That Night

We didn't end up that far from the skate rink that night. Seoul has a lot to offer when the sun goes to sleep and the street lights beam up, but out of what was being offered, I wanted to be at the most simplest place. The Han River. Before that night, I had never really had a chance to enjoy it's solemn beauty- even if it was winter. I knew that after that day I would always pass the river at one point or the other; and it would remind me of her. Always.

I took each step to the river slowly and cherished literally every second because in a matter of hours, this would all eventually be a memory. A memory of how I successfully escaped my 'everyday life' in the pursuit of coffee, which resulted in finding something much sweeter. Our hands met each other and never let go as if it was showing how we really felt even though we couldn't say it to one another. I was okay with that. At least that thought was sort of showing.

As the sight of the river reflecting the city lights met my eyes, I knew that it was closer. Not the river itself, but the one thing I was avoiding of thinking about. Goodbye. 

 

Truthfully, I didn't want to go any further from my place that night. I mean, it's totally safe in Seoul, even more so at night then day. But I didn't want to go in search for the extravagent. If I was going to enjoy this night with a person that I was probably never going to meet (in this way) ever again, I wanted it to be real. Just like the Han River. I knew that river from back to front, the way the water would flow and the exact time that the lights would go on. It was like how I knew Kris.

As much as I was looking forward to the first set of lights that would illuminate the waters, we took our time getting there. We admired the paths and streets along the way, knowing that every time we'd walk through them again, it'd remind each other of this night. Kris first grabbed hold of my hand and literally did not let go. I didn't show signs of my hand numbing because the feelings between us masked the pain. If only it could've masked the pain that would come with letting go.

Eventually we were metres away from the river and the second round of lights had begun. I knew that after one morme round. It would be the end. Not only of the light show, but of this day.

---

I didn't want to be the one to say it first...

I hoped that he would be the one to say it...

Goodbye

The lights were really quite beautiful. And I don't usually say those sort of things. I think it was in the way that though the colours contrasted each other, when side by side, it was harmonious. Just like you and I. I should've told her that, but she was surprisingly quiet as she leant on me as we sat on the perfect bench with the perfect view. What was she thinking about? Was it the same as me? Was it the thought of who would be the one to bring back reality? 

A new array of coloured lights flashed across and onto the river. Calm blues and greens, it was comforting to watch as they slowly blended into one another; bringing back the river to life. you was like the green, she was lively, energetic like a breath of fresh air, where as I was like the blue; cold, isolated, in need of new life. 

Never before had I truly felt so connected to anybody. I guess it was because there was no line of restriction, no border, no barrier to distinctly identify me as 'Kris the celebrity', or 'you the fan girl'. I was Kris and she was you

I secretly wanted the night to end like in those cheesy movies. The one where it ends with a simple kiss. It's always the guy that initiates it. For a second I wondered if I was 'that guy'. I doubted myself, till I realised that, 'that guy', may not get this chance again. I watched her breathe gently, still leaning on me. So I shifted carefully so that you would now face me. She had a warm smile on her face as I gazed softly into her eyes before redirecting my focus to her patiently waiting lips.

 

I've seen these lights dozens of times but it didn't seize to amaze me. Probably because Kris was right next to me this time, and that made the colour shine a whole lot more than they normally do. I wonder what he would've said if I told him that? It was a quiet atmospher though and I didn't want to  rise up from his shoulder just to ask him. I was far too comfortable to even budge- even though we were seated on the usually uncomfortable benches by the river. And from the way that I could feel his heart beat, I knew he was in deep thought. I wondered how deep? Maybe as deep as I was thinking of how I'd say goodbye.

The next set of colours shimmered over the water. My personal favourite- the green and blue. It used to remind me of backpacking in the country side, but from that night it would always remind me of this moment with Kris. I was the blue, he was the green- matching so perfectly.

Before that night I thought I had experienced 'love' or that sort of connection with other guys but I saw the truth. That they were nothing in comparison to this day and this night with Kris.

I had experienced some really dorky dates before and I could always sense when the cheese factor would set in. But I think because this time it was Kris, I couldn't expect anything. Just because I fell for him, doesn't mean he fell for me, right? .... Wrong. He started to move slightly and awkwardly, forcing me to face him. I smiled to show that I was okay as his powerful gaze melted in my eyes. I could have spent the whole night just staring into those eyes but he had looked elsewhere, down to my impatient lips.

---

I could still taste that grande sized mocha...

I didn't remember him eating fairy floss...

As we kissed

We didn't need fireworks that night because they were lit within me as our lips innocently touched. I was tempted to make it last forever but I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable. I wanted to count the seconds but I had lost count as you was insistent on keeping lips locked for more than few a seconds more. She tasted like a boost of energy, she made me feel like I could run laps around the river fifty times without losing a single breath. you was the only thing, the only person, that could leave me breathless.

Fireworks usually didn't occur during the winter by the Han River, but I swear someone had lit some up as our lips more than just touched one another. I knew he wouldn't force it for any longer just in case I'd be freaked out or anything. But as I let him know my thoughts as I kept his lips in contact with mine, I made it last fifty seconds  more than he had expected. Kris tasted like fairy floss. Bubble gum fairy floss. I wasn't usually the kind to like fairyfloss, but after that kiss, that was all I hoped that I could ever taste again. If Kris was a flavour, he was my favourite.

---

One Day.

One Night.

Had it been any longer...

Had it been any shorter...

- Then it wouldn't have been right -

In the way that it happened...

In the way that it was...

You can't forget that sort of thing...

I couldn't

I wouldn't

can't



FINISHED~

Joking haha ^^

So how was it? :D

Please let me know in the COMMENTS below!~

Thank you so much for reading <3