Where We Belong

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

“What’s going on?” Minji was trembling as she looked at her boyfriend, holding her bestfriend.

L.Joe and Hana were stunned in their positions. They didn’t know what to do.

Sure they have expected this to happen but not this fast. Not this soon. It came in a flash and they don’t know what to do.

Minji walked to them. She is looking at L.Joe with tears falling down to her cheeks. “Fiancee?” She asked, trembling of terror and horror. “What fiancee?” She asked L.Joe.

L.Joe gaped at his girlfriend crying her heart out. “Minji, let me explain.” He told her as he moved to her.

Hana looked at Minji. She looked really hurt, her best friend. She is extremely hurt. And that is all because of her. Who would take that misery?

Minji glanced at Hana. “Hana? What fiancee is he talking about?” She asked totally ignoring L.Joe. “Tell me it’s not true.” She told her.

Hana looked down and cried on her own. How could she tell her that it’s not true when it is?

Zico looked at Hana. She is hurting. Why did he do this in the first place? She’s breaking and it’s hurting him too much. He has been with Hana for too long and he knows how much she loves her best friend. How could he be so ignorant like this?

“Hana,” He called and motioned to come close to her.

L.Joe glanced at him. “Don’t you dare come to her.” He warned.

Minji looked at L.Joe. This is the first time she saw him this protective. He hasn’t even been this protective of her.

It breaks her more.

Zico glared at L.Joe. “Why are you so protective of her? She’s my girlfriend. I’ve known her longer than you do.” He is enraging. “Do you love her?” He asked, heart-breaking while he waited for L.Joe’s response.

What if her does?

Where does that leave him and Minji then?

Hana and Minji looked at L.Joe. He was stoned, his gaze still glaring at Zico.

Zico cocked his head to the side. “What? Why can’t you answer?” He asked.

L.Joe glanced at Hana who is shaking her head. He gave her a quizzical look. But she is still shaking her head. He sighed and shut his eyes. “I don’t know.” He replied.

That’s when Minji started to breakdown.

“You don’t know?” She whispered for L.Joe but she was looking on the floor. “Do you…” She lifted her gaze to L.Joe. “…still love me?” She asked, afraid of what is going to be his answer. But she has to know. She has to get through this.

L.Joe shut his eyes at Minji’s question. “Minji…” He called. “Please…” He begged.

Minji looked away, swallowing the huge lump in . “Can’t you just answer my question, Lee Byunghun? DO you love me or her? Who?!” She is yelling.

Hana looked at her and she wanted to comfort her. She wanted to hug her. But she can’t. She’s the reason why Minji is breaking right now. And she knows she can’t do anything about that.

“Do you really want me to choose?” L.Joe asked. His voice is low, a little mad and frustrated.

Minji nodded. Even though she doesn’t want to hear it.

L.Joe sighed. “Then you’ll be hurting yourself then.” He told her.

Minji’s eyes widened before she broke down. Tears falling from her face. “Then what did you do yesterday? Why did you do it?” She asked.

L.Joe sighed. “I just have to do it.” He replied. “Because you are my girlfriend.” He added.

Minji scoffed. “Girlfriend?” She asked sarcastically. She looked into L.Joe’s eyes. “Well, not anymore.” She replied the she turned to Hana.

“Since when did this happen?” She asked her.

Hana looked into the ground. She doesn’t have the strength to face her.  Not when she knows that she screwed this up. “4 months ago.” She replied softly.

Minji scoffed and looked up. “That long?!” She asked. “And you didn’t even have the guts to tell me?!” She asked frustrated.

Hana’s crying. “How could I have the guts to tell you?” She asked back. “I am your best friend and I am engaged with your boyfriend. Wouldn’t you think that’s a pretty cranked up situation?”

Minji looked at Hana. “Yes. I would think that.” She agreed. “But at least I would’ve not been a fool like this.” She said. “This is extra cranked up, Hana. I would’ve taken ‘pretty’ cranked up better than this.” She glared at her once more before turning to leave.

“Minji!” L.Joe called her.

Minji stopped. “Stop calling me. We’re done, Lee Byunghun.” She replied before turning the knob and leaving the room.

“Then it’s my cue, Kim Hana.” Zico said. “Goodbye.” He said as he walked out of the door after Minji.

L.Joe sighed hard and he looked at Hana, who is crying profusely on her spot. He walked to her and placed his hands on her shoulder. He bowed down to search for her eyes. “Kim Hana, stop crying please.” He tried to comfort her.

But Hana couldn’t stop crying. “What do we do now? Everything’s a mess.” She bawled.

L.Joe pulled her into his arms. “I’ll be with you. We’ll be together. Okay?” He whispered as he caressed her hair. “Let’s give them time.” He told her.

Hana is still crying in L.Joe’s arms.

This is all her fault.

She shouldn’t have agreed on this engagement in the first place.

“Shall we just call the engagement off?” She asked as she looked at L.Joe’s eyes.

L.Joe looked back at her. “What? Are you kidding me?” He asked in disbelief.

Hana shook her head. “No.” She spoke. “It’s just that everything became a mess because of this engagement and maybe we could make things back to where they were if we call this off.” She paused. “You can be with Minji, I can be with Ji-“

Hana’s words were cut when L.Joe’s lips sealed her lips.

Hana was taken aback, her eyes wide and her body became weak.

L.Joe held her arms so she wouldn’t fall down. His eyes closed and he savored Hana’s lips. His heartbeat racing and his mind has nothing but the desire that he wants to be with Hana.

He has never felt like this. Not even with Minji.

He broke the kiss and looked at Hana. “Don’t you freaking realize that I chose you over Minji just minutes ago?” He asked her.

Hana’s eyes are on L.Joe’s. “But-“

“Ssssh.” L.Joe placed his index finger on Hana’s lips. “Don’t. Don’t think of anything right now.” He said.

Hana looked at him. His eyes say it all. His eyes say that he wants her. And her alone.

“Can’t you feel me and my feelings for you?” L.Joe asked her.

Hana couldn’t speak a word. She doesn’t want to speak because she doesn’t want to spoil this moment.

“I love you, Kim Hana.” L.Joe whispered as he tucked her hair behind her ear. He caressed her cheek, just like how he ever wanted to.

“You make my heart race.” He said again.

Hana gulped. To where is this going?

“Don’t you feel the same way?” He asked her.

Hana was stunned at his question. Does she feel the same way?

Well, he affects her more than anybody does.

When she’s with him, she forgets the whole world. She is too focused on him and her. Or on him alone.

She gets annoyed of him most of the time but she got used to it.

She doesn’t want to see him with other girls. She just can’t see him with other girls.

She dreams about him almost every night.

She thinks of him most of the time. Even when she is doing her student council work.

Heck. Aren’t these all signs of being in love?

She took a deep breath and looked at L.Joe, smiling. “Don’t you realize how much I wanted you so badly?” She asked him.

L.Joe cracked his heart-melting smile.

Hana’s hand went up to L.Joe’s cheek. “I’ll only tell you this now, Lee Byunghun.” She said as her heart thumped faster than the train.

“I love you.”

Tears fell down from her eyes.

L.Joe smiled at her. “I love you too, Kim Hana.” He replied.

Hana smiled back.

“But I love Minji and Zico too.” She added.

L.Joe frowned in an instant. Where is this going now?

“I don’t want to see them hurt.” She told him.

“But they are hurt already! They are hurting now!” L.Joe protested.

Hana smiled. “I’m happy to know that you love me.” She smiled.

“Kim Hana, I’m not liking where this is going.” L.Joe warned.

Hana nodded. “I know. And it’s killing me too.” She replied.

“So why are you doing this?” L.Joe hissed.

Hana smiled. “Because you are not mine in the first place. I stole you. From my best friend. From the person that I love the most.” She said.

“I can’t take that, Lee Byunghun. I can’t bear to see her crying and hurting because of me.” Tears are falling continuously.

L.Joe looked into her eyes. “What are you trying to say then?” He asked.

“Like what I said.” Hana replied. “Let’s call this engagement off.” She repeated.

“You’ll be free. I’ll be free. We’ll be together with someone we belong to.” She spoke. “That’s what I want to say, Lee Byunghun. Other than I love you.” She tiptoed and kissed him. For the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

------- END OF BOOK 1 ------

 

Author's note:

Please don't freak out. 

This is not yet the end. 

The drama is just starting. Okay. 

:)

- RChampagne <3