My Treat

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

L.Joe and Hana entered the restaurant.

L.Joe immediately walked into the previous table he was walking on. There was even a “RSVP” sign on the table.

Heh. Of course, he asked the waiter to reserve that spot for him as he fetch his ‘FIANCE’.

“Good thing, he kept this reserved.” He mumbled as he walked and sat.

Hana followed him. “Woah. You had this reserved?” She asked in disbelief. “Good job, Lee Byunghun!” She .

L.Joe rolled his eyes at her as he looked for the waiter.

But a waitress went to them.

The waitress was smiling as she was practically hugging the menu she would give out. “Here’s the menu, sir/ma’am.” She said as she handed Hana and L.Joe the menu.

Basically, she was just looking at L.Joe.

Hana shook her head as she watched the waitress attempt to flirt on L.Joe. *Seriously. This girl.* She thought as she looked into the menu.

L.Joe, on the other hand, was busy looking into the menu to even notice the waitress. “What do you want, Hana-ah?” He asked Hana while his eyes were still into the menu.

Hana looked at L.Joe. *Did he just call me in my first name?* She asked herself as she gave him a look. He wasn’t looking at her though.

L.Joe raised his head and looked at Hana. “What?” He asked. “Can we just order this?” He asked as he showed her what he wants.

Hana looked at it with eyes wide open. No. She wasn’t rooting for the price. She was into how big the meal L.Joe wanted to order that made her eyes open wide. “Can we finish that?” She asked. “That’s for 3-4 persons!” She beamed.

L.Joe chuckled. “I am damn hungry. I think I can finish this.” He confidently said smiling.

Hana, who was unsure of what to order, just nodded without question. Hah. Is his smile that powerful? Ugh.

L.Joe smiled wider. “Assa!” He celebrated briefly before looking at the waitress, who was waiting for this “Shine a light” moment because L.Joe was finally looking at her. “One order of Tali Beach, please.” He said.

The waitress wrote it down as fast as the lightning before looking at L.Joe again with a bright smile. “Anything else, sir?” She asked trying to make her voice sound cute.

Hana almost cracked a laugh as she watched how the waitress flirted with L.Joe.

L.Joe looked at Hana. “Drinks?” He asked.

“Anything without alcohol.” She replied.

L.Joe gave her a look. “You’re allergic to alcohol?” He asked.

Hana nodded. “Yes. So can I just have Mango shake?” She asked the waitress.

The waitress looked at her briefly and nodded. “One mango shake.” She said before looking at L.Joe again. “How about you, sir?” She asked L.Joe.

L.Joe shrugged. “Okay. Mango Shake for me too.” He replied as he took the menu from Hana and handed them all to the waitress.

The waitress was even about to ask more questions but L.Joe just shove the menu back to her making her just smile awkwardly and bow.

Hana laughed at the waitress. Her flirting methods were really not good enough.

Poor girl.

L.Joe looked at her. “What are you laughing about?” He asked.

Hana shrugged. “How you shut the waitress out?” She replied teasing.

L.Joe shook his head as he massaged his temples. “Heol. She was too obvious.” He said as he shook his head.

Hana chuckled. “Oh well.” She had nothing to reply but she was happy because L.Joe didn’t give in. That only means, he loves Minji only that he sees her alone, and no one else.

L.Joe looked at Hana. She is looking at the city lights while her chin was on top of her palm. This angle, she sort of looked cute at L.Joe’s eyes.

He didn’t even notice he was staring at her until an old couple eating in the same restaurant talked about them.

“Omo. Yeobo, look at them. They look like us when we were their age. Don’t you think?” The old woman asked her husband.

L.Joe was somehow waken up and he looked at the couple’s direction. Gosh, they are looking at them. And not only that. They are even smiling.

L.Joe suddenly felt awkward.

The husband smiled and nodded. “Aigoo. Young love.” He beamed as they chuckle at L.Joe and Hana’s ‘young love’.

This time, Hana looked at the couple’s direction and saw the couple looking at their direction while chuckling. She didn’t hear anything but ‘young love’ and she wasn’t expecting the couple to be talking about her and L.Joe because obviously, they are not ‘YOUNG LOVE’. Sure they are young but they are not in love.

Hana looked at L.Joe. “Are they talking about us?” She asked. “Why are they chuckling?” She asked again.

L.Joe shrugged. “I don’t know. I didn’t hear anything.” He replied lying. Damn. He doesn’t know why feels so awkward after hearing everything the old couple was saying about them.

Hana just nodded and pouted as she looked at the couple again. *I bet Jiho and I will be like that somehow.* She thought as she imagined her future with Zico.

L.Joe stared at Hana, then again, only to realize that Hana is beautiful.

Sure, Minji was beautiful. She looked like a model and a cover girl for magazines because of her mature looks. But Hana has this innocent and responsible feel in her appearance. It gives you the feel that you will fall for her even more as time goes because you will realize that she is beautiful when you stare at her face each day.

And there is this mysterious side in her appearance. You would want to get to know her even more. You wanted to talk to her day by day.

And that made her beautiful. In a different way.

L.Joe sighed at all the thoughts he is having. What is wrong with him? He doesn’t know as well.

“Here’s your order, Ma’am/Sir.”

This time, it was not the waitress anymore. There were2 waiters who came carrying their order. Well, we gotta be grateful for them because they brought L.Joe back to his senses.

Hana’s eyes almost flowed out of her orbits when she saw what they ordered. She looked at L.Joe in panic. “Oh my gosh! Can we even finish this?” She asked him.

L.Joe laughed. “We can. Just trust your intestines, Hana.” He replied as he passed Hana the sanitizer. Hell, there is no way they are eating this with spoons and utensils.

Hana reluctantly took the sanitizer. Damn, she was still awed by the size of their meal. She couldn’t believe she’d be eating something that should be eaten by 3-4 persons with L.Joe alone. She sighed but her stomach is growling.

L.Joe watched Hana as she looked at the food. He chuckled as he saw her mumbling something like too much or whatnot. “Aw come on, Kim Hana. Let’s finish this.” He said as he dug in.

Hana looked at L.Joe amused. *How can he eat so much with such body?* She thought in disbelief. However, she dug in as well.

 

 

45 minutes later…

“I am full. I can’t take one bite anymore.” Hana complained as L.Joe kept on feeling her to eat this and that. Yes. He is feeding her.

L.Joe was laughing looking at Hana hold on to her stomach as she complained how full she was. Well, if you could see her in person right now, you would think about a baby telling her mom to stop giving her milk because she is nauseated already.

Surprisingly, they almost finished eating the whole meal. Serious. And the two were even surprised at their hunger. Are they too hungry to almost eat the whole thing?

“Byunghun, I don’t think I can take another bite.” Hana said. Oh hah, she was almost begging L.Joe to put the damn food out of sight right now.

L.Joe laughed and drank his Mango Shake. “Arasseo. It’s getting late as well.” He said as he looked at his watch.

Hana stood up. “Wait. I’ll just go to the rest room. I think I’m going to vomit everything.” She said as she ran to the rest room.

L.Joe watched her run to the rest room. He chukled. Gah. Why does he find her so adorable this night? She looks so cute as she ran to the rest room holding her stomach and bending a bit over. You can really tell that she ate more than her limit because she couldn’t even stand straight.

L.Joe smiled and shook his head before looking for the waiter to ask for the bill. “Bill please.” He called one of the by standing waiters.

The waiter nodded and immediately got their bill, giving it to L.Joe.

L.Joe looked at the rest room’s direction. This is supposed to be Hana’s treat, right?

But then he smiled and took his wallet, paying for the meal.

There is no way he is going to let a girl pay for a dinner. L.Joe might be cold but he is never a jerk when it comes to girls.

Perhaps, he just wants to eat here that much that he asked the bet. He didn’t really intend to make Hana pay. He just wants to eat in here.

And maybe eat with Hana.

Ugh. L.Joe is complicated.

He looked at Hana who was walking towards him. “Ask for the bill.” She said as she sat, looking into her bag to get her wallet.

L.Joe stood up. “Come on. Let’s go home.” He said.

“We have to pay first.” She beamed at him.

L.Joe chuckled. “Come on. I took care of it.” He replied as he walked out leaving Hana dumbfounded.

She narrowed her eyes on him. “I thought this is my treat?” She mumbled in confusion before standing up and following L.Joe out. “Yah! Wait for me!!!” She called him as she held on to her full stomach.