"Thanks to me."

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

L.Joe arrived home (yes, their house) with a smile on his face. Now, he had to wait for Hana for her treat to Seafood Island.

Damn. Isn’t this the best day to eat crabs and all?

L.Joe was smiling by just the mere thought of eating all those sea creatures.

He sat on the couch and took out his phone, messaging Hana.

----

To: Kim Hana

Where are you?

---

Hana, who was busy packing things up, was shaken with her phone’s vibration.

She sighed and looked on who messaged her.

“Ugh. Lee Byunghun, really!” She hissed and replied.

---

To: Lee Byunghun

Why?

---

 She shook her head as she kept her phone on her pocket again. *I wonder why he has to text me? Is he that excited for the Seafood Island treat?* She thought as she continued packing up.

“Problem, President?” Jihyun asked.

Hana looked at her. “Uh? No. Nothing. Why?” She replied smiling.

Jihyun shrugged. “I don’t know. But you looked puzzled.” She stated her observation.

Oh well, Hana, you were thinking about the reason of L.Joe’s text that’s why.

Hana waited for another reply but it has never come. “Maybe, he’s asleep.” She mumbled as they wrapped the thing up.

“Good job, everyone!” Hana praised her council.

Everyone bowed at her and smiled. “All because of you, President.” Minhyuk beamed.

Hana gave them a sweet smile and shook her head. “Okay okay. Let’s go home now, okay? And rest for the weekend.” She told them.

“YES MA’AM!” All of them replied.

Hana giggled and the whole council walked out of the campus and said their goodbyes.

She sighed hard as she walked to the bus stop. (Yes. She rides the bus from time to time.) She looked at her watch. “Time for dinner.” She thought. “Should I call him?” She asked herself as she took her phone out and dialed L.Joe’s number.

“Hello? Are you home?” She asked as soon as L.Joe picked his phone up. (Which is in less than 3 seconds of ringing, by the way.)

“Yes. And not to mention really hungry.” He replied, teasing Hana.

Hana scoffed. “Cha cha. Come on. Seafood Island.” She said.

L.Joe must really be so excited and even shouted ‘Yahoo!’ on the other line making Hana turn away from her phone. “Okay. I’ll be there. Where are you? Should I pick you up?” He asked.

“No no no! I’ll just wait for you there. I just got out of school.” She replied.

“What? It’s late!” He insisted.

Hana laughed. “Now, you’re not being L.Joe.” She commented. “You go straight to Seafood Island. I’ll wait for you there. I’m hungry too. Okay? See you. Bye.” She didn’t even wait for L.Joe’s reply and just ended the call like that.

She sighed and hailed a cab to the Seafood Island.

Or was she going to hail a cab in the first place? Kkk

 

---

L.Joe rode his car excitedly. He doesn’t even know why Seafood Island was like the paradise for him. It’s not like it’s the first time that he would be eating there. But why does he really feel extra excited about this?

“I wonder what’s so good about seafoods tonight.” He mumbled as he revved the engine. Then he smirked. “Well, seafood is still seafood. And it has to make me happy, right?” He chuckled as he zoomed out of their house.

It took him about 15 minutes to drive to Seafood Island.

He browsed the whole area looking for Hana but she was not found. He sighed. “Aish. That’s why I told her I will pick her up!” He hissed as the waiter approached him.

“Table for how many, sir?” He asked L.Joe.

L.Joe stared at the waiter. “2.” He replied briefly.

The waiter smiled at him. “This way sir.” He led him to an empty table.

L.Joe was still looking around as the waiter walked him to the table. *She isn’t here yet?* he thought and sighed again.

The waiter smiled and gestured him to sit.

L.Joe breathed deeply and sat, just as the waiter wanted him. But still, he was searching for Hana. *School is nearer here than the house. But where the hell is she?* He thought as his facial expression showed that he is worried for her.

Well, of course, he was asked to take care of his ‘fiancé’ right?

*Wait. He better not be playing games with me.* He thought as he took his phone to give her a call.

“Hey, where are you?” He asked Hana as soon she picked up. (Took him 3 tries before she picked up.)

Hana was panting on the other line. “I’m on my way. Just met trouble.” She replied.

L.Joe creased his forehead. “What?! What trouble?” He asked in a higher volume making the people close to his table look at him. He bowed in apology. “Where are you? I’m going to pick you up.” He asked. He is finally decided to pick her up this time.

“What? No need! I’ll be there in 20 minutes.” She replied, not telling where she is.

L.Joe sighed hard. “Yah, Kim Hana, I am asking where you at!” He insisted. His tone was commanding and a bit scary.

Hana sighed in disbelief and annoyance. “Aish. The shopping area near the school.” She replied, annoyed.

“Okay. Wait there. Don’t move. I’m coming.” He said as he looked for the waiter. “Can you reserve this? I’m just going to check on my fiance.” He ordered.

The waiter was a bit taken aback because L.Joes’ voice was in a hurry. He did nothing but to nod before L.Joe rushed off to Hana.

He was rushing a little bit too fast that he didn’t even noticed he called Hana his ‘fiance’. Yeah. For the first time, he acknowledged her as his fiance.

Oh, boy. ^^

“What is this girl doing in there, anyway?!” He hissed as he sped off to her.

Damn. He never imagined he would rush off to where Hana is. He never even imagined a dinner with her in the first place!

He reached the place in no time and he looked around for Hana. *Damn. This is just a block away from Seafood Island.* He thought as he continued to browse the area.

He saw people crowding something. He narrowed her eyes and focused on that when he realized that a group of high school students were engaged in a fight.

And he was shocked when he saw Hana standing in front of some boys. He looked at the uniform and yes, they were from their school.

He scoffed in the car. “Holy crap. So, she is mediating this fight?” He asked in disbelief but still, he managed to get out of the car and walk to the scene.

 

---

“Dude, you started it!” The students from other school points on Hana’s schoolmates.

Choi Jinwoo, Hana’s schoolmate, scoffed. “ off, man! You provoked us.” He shouted back, making his friends agree with him and thrash talk the other group.

Hana shut her eyes closed as she watched the two gangs exchange profanities with each other. Apparently, the other school’s Student Council President also arrived and, he, too, was shocked about this incident.

“Shut up!” Hana screamed. She couldn’t take it anymore. “Both of you, SHUT UP BEFORE I MAKE YOU!” She threatened.

Both groups suddenly stopped and looked at Hana.

The boys from the other school smirked at her. “Oh yeah? What can you do to shut us off?” One of them talked back as all of them walked towards Hana.

Hana stepped back as they approach her. Sure, she was feisty but she doesn’t want to be hit, you know!

The boys laughed at her as they saw her scared at them. “You’re just a girl. Can you handle us?!” Another one from other school asked as he motioned to hit her.

Hana was even saying prayers in her head. Damn. She doesn’t want to be hit by a high schooler who isn’t cool in the first place!

“DON’T YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON HER!!!”

Everyone looked at who talked. It was L.Joe who was walking amidst the crowd.

The high school gangs who were fighting started to get fidgety. Oh yeah, L.Joe was cold and everyone was scared of him.

L.Joe looked at the boys from the other school. “You hit a girl?” he asked as he looked at the man who motioned to hit Hana. “And you call yourselves men?!!!!” He yelled at them.

The boys immediately bowed at him, apologizing.

“Apologize to my schoolmates.” L.Joe commanded. “NOW!” He yelled as the boys were like mushrooms who cannot even speak for themselves and apologized to the other gang.

L.Joe crossed his arms and shook his head as he watched the boys apologize. “Damn, you boys are not even seniors and you act that way!?” He asked. The boys were also apologizing to him. “Jja! Go home before I make you!” He ordered the two groups before facing Hana. “Are you okay? Tsk. Why did you even involve yourself in this?!” He asked as he checked up on her.

Hana pouted. “Well, I am not the president for nothing.” She replied. “And yes, I’m super fine. You don’t have to worry.” She replied.

L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Tsk. You almost had yourself beaten up!” He complained.

Hana frowned. “That’s a package though.” She reasoned out.

L.Joe sighed hard. “Well, thanks to me.” He spoke. “Did you see that guy? His eyes were on fire! He was about to hit you!” He told her.

Hana rolled her eyes. “Thanks for saving me, Lee Byunghun!” She replied sarcastically.

L.Joe shut his eyes. “Just don’t go out alone at night again.” He gave up on reprimanding her.

Hana nodded. Oh yeah. She was submitting herself like a kid and L.Joe is happy about it.

L.Joe chuckled. “And that leaves me more reasons for your Seafood Island treat, don’t you think?” He teased.

Hana scoffed. “Can I just take my words back?” She asked as she punched L.Joe’s arm. *Huh. I knew he was rooting for the treat!* She thought as she rolled her eyes on L.Joe.

L.Joe shook his head cutely. “A real Student Council President knows how to keep her promise, don’t you think?” He asked with a smile and aegyo.

Hana almost choked seeing L.Joe’s aegyo. She gritted her teeth. “Heol~ Yeah yeah. Whatever.” She said as she looked away.

L.Joe smiled. Somehow, he finds it cute for Hana to be pissed. Yes, it was his hobby for the past few days now.

Hana gave L.Joe a look and pointed at him. “You better not leech about it every time!” She warned L.Joe.

L.Joe raised his hand in surrender. “Okay okay. I’ll treat you next time too!” He spoke.

Hana scoffed. “Can I even trust your words?” She asked in disbelief.

L.Joe shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe.” He replied. “If you beat me in dance revolution.” He dared like he couldn’t be beaten in that game.

Hana shook her head while smiling. “You really ask me to dance?” She asked. L.Joe nodded with a smirk. “You don’t know what you’re talking about, Lee Byunghun. I can beat you in a blink.” She replied, confidently.

L.Joe snorted. “We’ll see. But first, let’s eat dinner. I’m hungry.” He complained.

“Me too.” Hana replied as they walked to L.Joe’s car.

Heol. These two. ^-^v