c8

I Gave Up

Chapter 8

 

 Jongin felt wet texture his forehead. Feeling relaxed he leaned into the touch and moved into a more comfortable position.

He felt a on the cheek and felt safe with the warmness. It felt just like what his mother would do when he was younger.

He sighed slowly as flashes of the one woman in his life appeared in his mind. His head started aching painfully. he grabbed his head and scrunched his face up. He opened his eyes and furrowed his brows to the unfamiliar room he was in.

The walls were painted white and the floor was of hardwood. There were books stocked neatly according to the alphabet and pencils stacked by colors. Paintings were at a corner of the room with paint buckets placed in front of them.

The windows were open, which made the white curtains dance around with the wind.

 The wet towel fell from Jongin’s forehead with a sloppy ‘thud’. He let his bare feet touch the cold floor and looked down at his clothes. He was wearing a white pajama with baby blue stripes on them.

The smell of food cooking made him look up and continue walking towards the white door. His hand closed around the cold metal knob and twisted it to reveal a small hall.

Following his instincts he made his way towards an open door. As he stood in front of it he noticed it was a sparkling clean kitchen with every single object organized and stacked nice and neatly.

Spotting a figure, he slowly walked towards the person with careful steps and stopped right behind the guy. The pup turned around to grab some vegetables and came face to face with Jongin. Kyungsoo jumped slightly and held a hand to his chest. .

They stared at each other for the longest time. No one spoke, no one moved.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath to calm down. The way Jongin was staring at him made his mind go fuzzy for some reason? He bit his lip and stepped aside slowly to grab the already neatly cut vegetables, and turned around again, mixing it into the omelet.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo’s back while trying to remember what had happened the night before.  How did he get here? Obviously the pup had helped him, but why? How? He was so tiny; Jongin doubted the pup would have the strength to carry him.

He hadn’t helped Kyungsoo once, ever. So why would the pup help him out? What was he doing at the lonely cemetery on a rainy night?

Breathing out lightly he watched as Kyungsoo drizzled some pepper over the omelet and moved the pan to the cold side of the stove to cool it down.

The pup gestured for Jongin to sit at the kitchen island before setting the table ready.

He poured some orange juice for Jongin and himself before taking a small sip.

Kyungsoo pushed some omelet towards Jongin without glancing at him, and continued eating.

Jongin watched Kyungsoo for a while then both ate in silence.

As Kyungsoo reached out to pour some orange juice into his now empty glass, the pup noticed a red wound on the tanned boy’s skin. He sat still for a while. Both made eye contact.

Kyungsoo was suffocating of the silence but couldn’t bring himself to speak through the thick and awkward atmosphere, only glancing at Jongin from time to time.

After both finished eating, they cleaned the table and Kyungsoo washed the dishes. The tanned boy felt dizzy as he stepped into the hall. He walked unsteadily into the pup’s room and lied lightly down on the soft mattress on the bed.

Minutes later Jongin heard the bedroom door reopen and close lightly. There was some shuffling around the room, and the floor creaked silently. He opened his eyes to meet with Kyungsoo’s soft ones.

The pup hesitated as he grabbed a hold of Jongin’s warm hands. Jongin’s eyes widened slightly.

Kyungsoo grabbed some cotton buds and a bottle of antiseptic from the night table. He made Jongin’s hands rest on his lap and took a glance at his expression as he saw the wound on his forehand. As soon as the cotton bud met with Jongin’s delicate skin he hissed.

‘’Sorry… It will be over soon’’ Kyungsoo mumbled as he cleansed the wound.

It stung, a lot. But Jongin kept his cool and watched Kyungsoo’s soft face expression. His eyes were slightly red and his chin had a small cut on it.

They met each other’s eyes. Kyungsoo was still holding onto the tanned boy’s hands, he felt his insides tickle. Was this what they meant with having ‘butterflies in your stomach’?

Jongin looked like he was about to speak, but remained silent. After what felt like hours of just sitting there, Jongin stood up.

‘’I’m leaving’’ he announced and made a move towards the bedroom door. Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s elbow in order to prevent him from walking any further.

He turned around and looked at the pup.

‘’You can’t leave. You’re still sick’’ Jongin shook his head and made another move to leave but Kyungsoo stood determined before him.

‘’Don’t act like you’ve recovered from last night. You have a high fever and you’re under no condition to walk outside.’’

Jongin looked at the wooden floors and back to Kyungsoo. The pup only dragged him back and made him lie down on his bed. 

Kyungsoo walked towards the kitchen with a small smile on his face. He held his hand to his heart, and his smile instantly grew wider.


OK THIS..

IS THE SHORTEST CHAPTER IN THE HISTORY OF SHORT CHAPTERS...

anyway, comments are l.o.v.e.d.