New Employee

Coffee Shop Conga

*6 Months Earlier*

    I watched as the two men in black left the shop, suite case full of what they came to get -leaving us with nothing. With great stride and power they walked to their car, the older of the two gave me a disapproving look before getting in and shutting the door hard behind him. The car sped off down the road and turned the corner before I could even blink, I turned my head to the shop and could see neither of my parents. With caution I walked to the door and stood there as I saw everything shatter.

     "How could you let this ing happen?! I thought you cared enough about all of us to keep things running!" the voice was low and rough, just how the German sound. It scared me when I was little, but now the sound is more comforting than the languages I speak out in the world. "It's not my fault someone leaves all the work to me! I don't have any time to get things done!" the other voice was timid and calm. Watching two grown men fight in the streets is funny to me -why should anyone fight for silly things? But this is not, in fact it is much worse than anything I have laid my eyes upon. I watched my father -the one with the low, rough voice- grab his coat and hat from behind the counter. 

     "Where are you going? We're not through talking dammnit!" 

     "I'm leaving, tell Ari when she gets home." 

     Just as he turned around his eyes met mine, never had I seen such sadness and pain in one place at the same time. "Ari..." I turned around and started running through the streets. The wind stung my eyes as I kept running, I could hear my fathers running after me but it wasn't their yells that made me turn around. 

     It was the sound of the horn...

*Present Day!*

     "Ari! You need to tell me how to do this project, I totally fell asleep and class and didn't catch any of the information!" Sohee yelled through the phone in panic. She was a bit dramatic, especially when it came to school, but that's what makes her my best friend. "The project was assigned to us a month ago, and you're just now getting to it?" I sighed as I put my pencil down. I could hear her tapping her hand on the other line and held my breath until she finally gave in. "Come on Ari, you're not first in the class for nothing!" she giggled through the phone. 

     "Fine, you win this time Sohee, but you owe me. How about bubble tea after school?" I laughed as I stood from the desk and started toward the kitchen. She sighed, "I swear, you own a coffee shop but I'm the one paying for your drinks? Aish Ari, if I end up homeless it's your fault! Gotta go girlie, see you later!" with a click she hung up the phone. I put the phone down slowly before putting it back on the wall. "I used to own a shop, when will you understand that?" I asked as I turned off the water. 

     I started to put the glass to my lips when the phone rang again, I picked it up quickly before answering. 

     "Hello?" I asked, when I heard coughing I sighed and took a sip of the water. "Appa, why are you calling me this early in the morning? Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I asked in annoyance.  

     "I should but I have some great news!" he coughed again before continuing "I just hired a new employee for the shop! Now we can open it again, I'm planning to open it again in the winter months it'll be great for-"

     "Why?" I slammed the glass down on the counter and stared out the window towards the shop.

     "Because we need to get the place open again. That's the end of it Ari, it's going to happen. Now go to the shop and the employee will meet you there." he coughed again before hanging up the phone. I gripped the phone tightly before hanging it against the wall again. "And the fact I'll be missing school doesn't bother you?" I grumbled to myself as I grabbed my hoodie.

     I walked down the cracked sidewalk towards the shop, well, more liked sulked the entire way. I turned the corner and put my head up to see the old, abandoned building. There was thick brush everywhere, it needed a paint job, and you could see where animals had made themselves at home. "I can't believe appa wants this thing fixed." I said as I walked around to the front door. The whole way around I examined what needed to be fixed -although it would never happen- nd made a mental note to tell appa so he could put in the money for repairs.

     As I continued to walk I noticed a small motercycle parked on the curb, not reconizing it I shrugged it off and walked inside the shop. The inside wasn't as bad as I thought, it was just in need of a serious dusting. As I walked around I saw a few bags sitting on the ground behind the counter. Walking closer I realized that they had been coffee beans that were never used when the shop was open. "What a waste." I mumbled to myself as I walked out from behind the counter and continued to the back.

     "I wonder where that employee is-" I started, but a loud crash gave me the answer I was looking for. I ran out to the back of the shop and saw a person holding a few peices of fallen wood.

     "Are you alright?!" I yelled. The person didn't seem too hurt as he moved the boards off himself and brushed his pant legs. I examined him quickly before it would seem weird later on, he was fairly tall and was well built. His hair was a bit on the long side but was a nice brown color, and his hands were very nice, nicer than mine. Heck, nicer than any girl I know. He turned around and smiled, and my stomach dropped. "Oh no." I whispered.

"Hello, employee Byun Baekhyun reporting for duty boss!" he exclaimed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello lovelies! I know, I haven't updated in a while! But here you are, haha this kinda took a different direction than I wanted it too but it work out fine right?! 

Please leave a comment and/or subscribe!

And every now and then I'll leave small preview of the next chapter! But not tonight! Haha have fun reading!