Prologue

Coffee Shop Conga

I sat in the window, tea in my hands as I watched the cars rush to and fro, the birds dance in the air, and the leaves fly through the wind. Fall was just setting in and everything was changing, birds were leaving -soon I would have to bring in my bird feeder- trees were changing color and their leaves were falling onto the dying grass. People were substituting their shorts and tank tops for leggings, sweaters, and coats, instead of cold drinks they were buying hot coffee to warm their hands as they walked down the street. I smiled as I brought the warm drink to warm my lips. You would think it would be warm in an apartment, but not mine, as a matter of fact -it's never been warm, the winter months are even worse. But that's never given me a reason to leave, my home is in the perfect place of town. Right down the road is the university I go to -I hope to one day become an author- across the road is a small market where I find my basic necessities. And and around the corner, is the third coffee shop on the right, the one I helped my parents build when we first came to Seoul. In it we have a stage where people can sing and recite poetry, people can read, talk to others, and just have a warm place to go when they're cold. I have most everything set into place, all that's missing is the coat on the top hook...