{bonus chapter} oh my baby

Wedding Dress - Alternate End

Home is where our story begins.

 

The baby monitor beeped and they could hear their baby wailing from the other room.

“It’s your turn.”

“No, your turn.”

“Oppa, it’s your turn tonight.”

“Fine, let see the baby board.”

Groaning, they sat straight and turned behind to see the board pasted on the wall right above the bed head. There, it had both their names with a line dividing in the middle. Underneath her name, Chorong could see the tally lines were greater in numbers.

Smiling triumphantly, she turned to her husband, “17 against 10.”

Woohyun narrowed his eyes and fought the urge to squeeze that smile off her face before throwing the maroon colored duvet aside and get out of the bed.

“Have fun calming that evil spawn.”

 

----

 

Two years.

Two years had passed.

They were blessed with a baby who’s turning one in a month. A baby boy named Doojun, after their best friend who died in a car crash. Now, Doojun was living up to his name and he was everywhere. Literally, everywhere.

Sometimes, Woohyun would find him under their dining table with his favourite toy car in his hand. Other times, Doojun surprised his mother as he hid in their cupboard, spilling his milk all over her satin nightgowns. Most of the times, his parents would search for him the whole morning only to find him in his room, eating a box of crayon.

It freaked his mother out of her wits but daddy Woohyun was proud as he picked him up and said, “Our boy has a strong stomach.”

“Right, champ?” He asked and little Doojun giggled, “Da-da.”

“Shouldn’t we take him to the clinic, oppa?” Chorong asked, her face flushed. Shaking his head, he patted her head playfully, “He’ll be fine, baby girl.”

He wasn’t fine. At least not until nine hours later as Chorong groaned, yanking his pants off him. The young mother was in the bathroom and she shouted, “This is the third time he crap, oppa! And the last time I’ll be changing his diaper!”

Woohyun came, an amused look on his face as he leaned against the door, watching his wife squatting next to their son, “You should be happy, Chorong-ah. It means he’s healthy. Plus, I thought you love this motherhood thing.”

“That was until your son decided to eat a box of crayon and pooped confetti the whole day!”

His laughter echoed in the bathroom as an annoyed Chorong flung a soap at his direction. It missed which agitated her more and he laughed even louder.

“Ugh, oppa!” Chorong cried, “You’re not helping.”

“Maybe we should start potty training on him?” Woohyun asked as his laughter subsided.

Chorong gave him a look before nodded, “Maybe.”

 

----

 

“HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU~”

The off tune singing of Dongwoo ended, much to Chorong’s relief as the guests clapped and Doojun puffed his chubby cheeks, trying to blow the candles. His attempts failed and his parents blew them off for him.

“Yeah!” Chorong gave her son a kiss, “You’re one, Doojun!”

The toddler squealed and he hastily grabbed one of the candle and put it in his mouth. Chorong groaned and took it from his lips and shook her head, “No, Doojun. That’s not for eating, okay?”

He only smiled cheekily in return and Woohyun scooped him in his arms and said, “It’s time to open your present, come on.”

The rest of day went by in a flash with Dongwoo kept offering to sing songs to the guests accompanied by a special performance by Sunggyu and Woohyun which made everyone laughed. The newlywed Naeun and Myungsoo couldn’t take their eyes off the birthday boy as they kept gushing how excited they were to have a baby soon.

Chorong and Woohyun only smiled, exchanging looks and praying for their two friends.

 

----

 

On Tuesday, Doojun decided to fall sick and threw up on his mother as she was holding him, calming him down. One minute, he was wailing. Another minute, Chorong scooped him in her arms. The next minute, she was covered in puke.

Noticing this, Doojun suddenly stopped crying. Instead, he stared at his mother before smiling and ran out of his room. Feeling despair, Chorong slumped on the floor, shrieked.

Woohyun heard and scrambled to the door, asking, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m covered in puke!”

He leaned against the door, his body shook with laughter. Chorong frowned, starting to wail, “Why are you laughing?”

“Why are you crying?” Astonished, Woohyun asked with a hint of laughter.

“I’m pregnant!”

He stopped smiling, “Wait, what?”

“We’re having another baby.” Chorong announced in between her sobs, “Another evil spawn.”

Woohyun stepped inside and kneeled next to her. He searched for any trace of joke but found none, “For real?”

“For real.” She whimpered before taking a sharp breath, “Oh my god, I’m the worst mother in the world.”

Chuckling, Woohyun pulled her into a hug against her protest, “Oh, baby girl. You’re not the worst mother. You’re the best.”

Chorong scrunched her nose at her ancient nickname and formed a small smile, “How are we going to survive a mini Doojun?”

“Maybe the baby will be a mini Chorong. Like my wife, an angel.”

She lifted her head, smacking his ribs, “You’re corny.”

“It makes you stop crying.” He grinned.

Leaning her head back on his shoulder, Chorong held him tighter and smiled against the fabric of his shirt. She tucked her chin out, pocking into his shoulder muscles, “We’re having another baby.”

“Yeah.” Woohyun kissed her hair, puke covered or not, she was still the most beautiful woman he’d seen, “We’re having another baby.”

---

A/N: just a little something to get you through the day ;)