Chapter 7

Me and You

Spring, summer, autumn, winter, regardless of the season, I would go to that park everyday at 5 just like when we’re able to see each other every day. I would sit at that bench where we always sat and look at the multicolored twilight fade into the darkness alone and remember all the good time we had. My i.pod is still next to me and I guess it’s been filling in the huge space that he had left me with. After all, my i.pod was the one that brought us together. I had to admit it was not the same. Nothing was the same, but there’s nothing I can do. I couldn’t stop him from achieving his goal because it’s just too inhuman of me to do so. Yes, I miss him dearly, but I’m not selfish enough to keep him to myself and let him be further away from his dreams. I should have know that this would be hard, but I never knew that it would be this hard because I didn’t know that I fall so much in love with him that this temporary separation would hurt me this much.

 

Our brief meeting would always start with a warm hug and a heartbreaking kiss. We would meet at the park and held each other in embrace while we try out best to go down memory lane again. Holding hand walking aimless around the little town we grew to be familiar with. Having a simple, yet filling dinner. Then, the sad parts come. No matter how many times we have done this, it still hurts to let go and say goodnight. “Baby, just say goodnight” that is what we always says. A beautiful goodnight to only disguised as a painful goodbye. We would repeat the whole cycle again when we meets months later.