Chapter 8

I Love You Roommate

So how’s your roommate?” Jay asked as Haeun sat down.

Baekhyun? He’s better now, besides he’s coming to class. I think he’s just at the toilet.” Haeun said, craning her neck to look for Baekhyun.

Haeun was looking around and she saw the dark purple haired guy walking towards her with a big smile plastered on his face.

“Hello.” He said cheerfully and sat down on his place.

“You’re in a good mood today.” Haeun asked. She had changed placed with Jay to sit beside Baekhyun just in case he needs anything. Haeun wasn’t sure that Baekhyun is fit to come to class but he just insisted.

“What? I’m like this every day.” He said and Haeun looked at him. Of course he’s in a good mood, Haeun is sitting beside HIM, not the American lover boy.

Class went well and Haeun keep hitting Baekhyun because he keeps on disturbing her. Baekhyun thinks it’s fun teasing and disturbing Haeun because the reaction she will give is cute.

Oh yeah.” Haeun said to Jay when they are walking out of the class. “What is it that day that you wanted to tell me?” She asked.

Oh uh… Can we go to somewhere more private?” He asked and Baekhyun stared at him.

Baekhyun is not completely dumb when it comes to English, yeah he might be bad at it but he is not completely dumb. He understands the work ‘private’ and that made him curious. What does Jay want to tell Haeun?

“Umm….” Haeun looked and Baekhyun and he just smiled. “Sure…” She said and turned to Baekhyun. “Hey, I won’t go back with you now, I have some things to do.” She said and Baekhyun nodded.

“See you later in the dorm.” He said and walks away.

Well, he didn’t actually walk away. He hid behind the ridiculously huge flower pot and peeked at the two of them. He then followed them to wherever they are going.

Haeun and Jay both walked to the bench under the maple tree near to the cafeteria and sat down.

So…” Haeun asked after a long pause of awkward silence.

I uhh… I wanted to tell you that uhh…

Yes?” Haeun looked at Jay and he blushed.

Well… I have been here for about two weeks now and you have been so nice to me.” He said and Haeun continue staring at him. He sighed.

I was thinking that maybe we could, I mean… Would you go out with me?” He asked.

Huh?

Yeah… Would you be my girlfriend?” He asked and Haeun was stunned.

Jay… I…” She didn’t know what to say and what to react. She just stared at him with a blank expression.

Haeun doesn’t feel the same way as Jay does, she just treat him as a friend and the person she likes, well the person she likes is no other than the loud, noisy, irritating but handsome, cute and attractive Byun Baekhyun, her roommate.

Jay, I… I really don’t know what to say. I….

Wait… Don’t tell me now. Can you give me the answer on the day when I’m going back?” He asked before Haeun could finish her sentence.

That’s weird. Haeun thought to herself and nodded.

Now, since it’s getting colder, why don’t we go get some coffee?” Jay asked with a smile and walked towards the cafeteria.

Haeun stood there for a while and looked at Jay walking towards the cafeteria. She scratches the back of her head, rethinking about what just happened.

Aren’t you coming?” Jay asked and she runs towards him.

From afar, there’s this purple haired guy peeking at them from behind the vending machine. He was curious what just happened, Haeun’s expression is just… JPG. No matter when she’s sad, happy or shocked, her expressions are all almost the same. Baekhyun pouted when he saw Haeun followed Jay into the cafeteria. He sighed and walked back to the dorm.

It’s boring being alone in the dorm. He decided to give Jongdae a call but he didn’t answer his phone. Probably busy practicing again. Baekhyun doesn’t know why but he was feeling very very very boring. He feel like calling Haeun and tells her to come back now but that would be rude to interrupt them.

He gave up. He picks up his phone and dialed her number.

“Hello?” Haeun answered.

“Haeun, I’m bored!” He said in a cheerful tone and Haeun chuckled.

“You’re acting like a kid you know.” She said and Baekhyun smiled. “I’ll be back soon, hold on for five minutes.” She said.

“You’re ditching the American Lover Boy?” Baekhyun asked.

“Baekhyun, he’s not the Lover Boy now stop calling him that. And yes, I am ditching him.” She said.

“Whoa whoa whoa, is he beside you now?” He asked.

“Nope, he went to the toilet. I’ll be back soon, just wait for me.” She said and hung up.

Baekhyun looked at his phone in confusion. Haeun usually doesn’t do things like this. He shrugged and went to take a bath.

Haeun on the other hand, was waiting for Jay to get back from the toilet at the cafeteria. Things have gone pretty awkward for her since they entered the cafeteria. Jay’s confession made her felt guilty and she didn’t really know how to reject him.

Hey Jay.” She said when she saw him coming back to their table.

Yeah?

I just remembered there’s something that I have to do with Baekhyun… So now I’ve got to go or else Baekhyun will flip!” She said and smiles an awkward smile.

Oh if then I don’t want to bother you then. Go on.” Jay said.

Sorry Jay, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said, standing up and pulling her sling bag with her.

Yeah see you tomorrow.” Jay said and Haeun ran out of the cafeteria.

Haeun ran as fast as her legs could carry her and reached her dorm room, panting. She fumbles through her bag and realizes that she left her keys in the room. She knocks the door and Baekhyun opened it. His hair is wet and he only has a towel around his waist, covering his private area.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Haeun asked and closed her eyes, she covered her face that was already blushing and burning.

“I thought it was Jongdae!” Baekhyun said, he was blushing too. He quickly ran back into the bathroom and put on his clothes.

“What do you want to do now?” Haeun asked as Baekhyun walked out of the bathroom, drying his hair.

“I don’t know… I just feel like calling you back. What do you want to do?” He asked and Haeun blinked.

“Hmmm…. What about the Gangnam tour you promised before?” She said and he looked at her.

“Oh right! Come on let’s go now!” He said and begins looking for everything he needs.

They took the bus there and Haeun was feeling very excited. She had never been to Gangnam before and she was really looking forward to this tour with Baekhyun. She feels so fluffy when he’s around, his jokes and his laughs always make her heart melt.

“Do you want jajangmyun or jampong?” Baekhyn asked as they walked across the stall.

“I don’t know, what do you want?” She asked and Baekhyun smirked.

“Since you have tried jajangmyun before, why don’t you try some jampong today?” He asked.

“Oh, okay. Fine by me.” She said and just shrugged.

“Ahjumma! Please give us one jampong and one jajangmyun please.” Baekhyun said and Haeun looked at him.

“You not having jampong?” She asked.

“I feel like jajangmyun today and I always eat japong, I’m getting sick of it.” He lied.

“Okay then….” Haeun said and took out her phone.

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun asked.

“Selca time!” She said and pulled Baekhyun in for a selca.

Baekhyun looked at the camera and smiled. “What are you doing with the picture?” He asked.

“Post it.” She said. “On Instagram.”

“Girls… Always on Instagram huh?” He asked.

“Nope, in fact this is my first Instagram picture and it’s with Baekhyunnie.” She said, not realizing she had added a –nie in Baekhyun’s name.

Baekhyun lit up when he heard that name.

“What did you call me?” He asked.

“Baekhyun….” She stopped halfway. , did I just called him Baekhyunnie? She asked herself.

“Huh?”

“I called you Baekhyun, you must be hearing things.” She said and pretends to be busy on her phone.

“Here are your orders.” The stall ahjumma said and gave Baekhyun and Haeun both their orders.

“I’ll eat this well!” Haeun said and begin eating. “HOLY! WHAT IS THIS?”

Baekhyun was trying to hold in his laugh. He didn’t tell her that the jampong here is super spicy and would make anyone who has it go crazy.

“Mianhaeyo Haeun hahahahaha” Baekhyun said while laughing.

“Yah Byun Baekhyun!” She said and poured herself some tea from the kettle.

“Doesn’t it feel refreshing?” He asked and Haeun punched him.

“Idiot!” She said and pouted.

“Hahahahaha okay, okay… Here, have mine then.” Baekhyun said and gave Haeun his jajangmyun.

“What about you?” Haeun looked at Baekhyun.

“Well… I’ll have yours then.” He said, pulling the bowl.

“Are you even sure? You might die from this.” She said.

“Yah Park Haeun, I have been living in Korea for the past 19 years of my lives and have eaten a total of 9 years of jampong. You thing I can’t handle this?” He asked and Haeun laughed.

“Sure Baekhyun, sure.” She said and looked at him. “Thanks anyway.” She said and Baekhyun smiled.

On Haeun’s Instagram picture, written there was the caption ‘Having something delicious with Baekhyun, best friend and roommate ever!’