내 친구 (My friend)

Daehyun One Shot(s)

Hope you like surprises! <3 Surprise Dae One Shot for my cupcakes! :)



 

The news were out, they were now mercilessly spreading throughout the campus. Daehyun felt his anger boil, he couldn’t believe it was happening, but he saw the proof for himself. His heart ached thinking what could be going through her mind at the moment. For sure she was heartbroken. Seeing that she wasn’t one to like making a scene or getting attention, he knew she must’ve been hiding someplace else.

Now even if she wanted to walk away to a lone place, he knew that she needed him the most. If only she could’ve chosen him instead, she wouldn’t be going through this, Daehyun would’ve made sure she was cared and loved for, something another declined to do.

Unconsciously, his feet dragged Daehyun to the only place she would search for solitude. He narrowed his eyes at the sunlight that shone in the small crack of the almost closed door that were lead to by a staircase. And after hesitating and taking small breaths to calm his raging nerves, he walked slowly up said stairs.

The door made a squeaking sound as he opened it big enough for him to enter, and again he felt his heart bury as her sniffles were heard. Cautiously and with his head down, he approached the girl who seemed destroyed. Her cheeks were stained with tears, and her eyes were straight down to her fingers that held tightly to a worn out napkin.

Daehyun stood there in silence next to her, watching a tear and another fall down. He put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief which he held out for her. She didn’t need much to know that he was the only one who could’ve found her, and she didn’t care of her physical appearance when she knew that more than any other person, he could read through her hidden feelings.

With a trembling hand she took the object he held out, and a bitter chuckle escaped her shivering lips.

“Go ahead and tell me.”

“Tell you what…?” –Daehyun tilted his head not getting what she was saying.

“Tell me how much I look like an idiot right now.” –She sternly said and with the handkerchief patted her eyes in an futile attempt to dry her face.

Even when Daehyun hated to see her in that state, there was no doubt that Daehyun didn’t think she looked like an idiot. Daehyun bent to her eye level with his eyes straight on hers.

“You don’t…”

“I sure feel like one right now…” –She cupped her face with her hands as she sobbed. –“I’m so stupid…”

“You’re not stupid…” –He knew words weren’t really doing anything special to make the pain go away, but he still tried.

Daehyun couldn’t bear to see her so miserable. He took the chance he had on his hands that she didn’t push him away, and ushered her into his embrace. He felt her warm tears wet his shirt as she let herself sob freely. Daehyun her back in small circles as she let her sadness spill.

She pulled away and in silence she looked deep into Daehyun’s eyes, he felt himself melting by the way she made eye contact. He grinned slightly now that she seemed calmer and with his thumbs caressed the corner of her puffy eyes.

“Better…?”

She shook her head and a tiny chuckle again escaped her lips as she leaned and rested her head on Daehyun’s shoulder. His heart beat was on the edge of making him burst. He always wanted this scene to happen, to have her in his arms just like that, but under other circumstances.

But to her, he was only her friend, and that reality couldn’t change any time soon. But nevertheless, he never refused to give her the tender and care she deserved, even when on her heart she had another. He wrapped again his arms around her, and even when he thought she wouldn’t speak, she did.

“She’s prettier than me…” –She scoffed and let out a small bitter laugh. –“And I bet she’s smarter, and funnier than me… That’s why he’s with her now…

I was a fool for thinking he’d love a girl like me forever…”

Daehyun’s heart sunk at her words. It really hurt him that her self esteem seemed to be lowering by the moment. He wrapped his arms tighter and replied to her dry words.

“That’s not true… She’s not.”

She pulled away and again another tear made its way down her cheek. “How would you know? Did you meet her already?” –She asked defensively.

Daehyun chuckled and put his hands on her shoulders.

“Ani. I haven’t met her…”

“Then how would you…”

He cut her off before she could continue.

“Because, there’s no other girl who’s smarter than you…

There’s no girl who’s funnier than you…

And there’s definitely no other girl who’s as pretty, or more beautiful than you…”

Daehyun spoke from his heart as she listened in awe. He took her hands in his and put them together.

“And for me. The real fool is that guy that missed on the chance of loving a wonderful girl like you…”

By the end of his confession, she got the message from the one she thought cared for her as a friend. She shook her hands away from him and averted her eyes to the side feeling the guilt pang in her conscience.

“Dae… How long… H-have you felt like that?”

He bit on his lower lip before replying. “A long time…”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” –She inquired.

“When I realized… You had your heart set on another.”

She finally turned to him, with an apologetic look on her face.

“Dae… I can’t a…”

Knowing what she would say, and that would hurt him, he finished her thoughts.

“I know. And I won’t make you accept my feelings…” –He looked down to his lap. –“I know you may always see me as a friend, and I’ll have to make myself to get over you eventually. But that doesn’t mean that I’ll stop caring for you.”

He looked up and pleaded. “Please don’t keep me from that, I’ll stay by you even if that means that I’ll be there as just your friend…

Don’t I deserve that at least?”

She was left speechless, she had been oblivious to all this all along. And she felt horrible for her friend that had endured all this time by her. Even if she wanted, she wouldn’t, she could not push him away.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t know…”

Now she had a new reason for her tears, and it was because of the person before her and his heartfelt words. He knew well she was now feeling guilty, and that was far from what he wanted when he went to find her.

Daehyun shook his head and took her hand on his once again.

“Is not your fault… Sometimes we don’t get to choose who we fall for, it just happens.

Just because it didn’t work out the way we wanted, doesn’t mean that it’s over. That doesn’t mean that a friendship can’t subsist. Right?”

She couldn't look away from his eyes as he reassured her with a smile that he was fine.

Now that it was out, his heart really felt at ease. There were no more secrets between them, and Daehyun was willing to do everything in his hands not to lose the beautiful bond they had spent creating. He was okay, as long as they stayed together, though her feelings didn't bring them together as lovers, but would last forever, even if it was just as friends.

 

 


 

 

Ugh curse Daehyun for wrecking my bias list... Just when I thought it was already set. -_-

 

I know I had announced on my other story I was on hiatus. But I just had this idea today, it's still weekend so I had a little time before the week begins, and lately Daehyun has been invading my thinking space, and therefore a one shot was born. I was going to make it Youngjae, but found that Daehyun actually fit this character quite well. And plus I hadn't updated these one shots since October due to the lack of inspiration.

I at endings though. .-. I don't even know what I wrote there...

I hope you liked it nonetheless. (:

 

The confession was inspired in an old Disney Channel show "Lizzie McGuire". (sigh) The guy was basically in the same position as Daehyun in this one shot, and he said similar words when she told him that the other girl may be prettier than her and such. I think every girl has gone through a similar situation in her life.

But you are all special and beautiful in your own wonderful ways! :D

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :)

 

On other note, I just love Daehyun in coffee shop era. :3 Don't you guys?

Goodnight my dearies! <3