Part 2

Wrecked

As soon as I was outside, the cold air hit me mercilessly. I shivered slightly and glanced up at the foreboding sky. The stars were suddenly covered by thick ominous black clouds. Folding my arms together against my chest to preserve body heat, I kept on running forward.

"I can't live without you baby. Can you forgive me? I won't see her again."

Those words rang in my head like weeds feeding on my sanity. My breathing became pants as my vision blurred. Tiny drops of moisture flowed down my cheeks. As if I could not take it anymore longer, I staggered to a stop before I burst out crying.

"I ing.....hate you......Kwon Ji Yong!" I shouted between my sobs. I broke down totally. I sobbed as though there was no tomorrow. The pain, everything he said, every tantrum he threw that I kept it in without uttering a word was pouring out of my heart as though the dam I had carefully set around it had finally caved in. My chest was constricting painfully from the overwhelming emotions and I was breatheless from my sobs. Then, as if it was all carefully planned to make me as pathetic as possible, there was a flash of lightning followed by a roar of thunder. The dark clouds had finally covered the sky like a thick black blanket. Rain had begun to fall.

Not being my rationalising self, I squatted stupidly down on the cold stone pavement and decided to let the rain soak through my skin into my wrenched soul. I didn't want to move and did'nt felt like moving.

"Omo, you scared me!" a male voice suddenly rang out. "I was thinking there was someone hurt or something with all the wailing but I guess it was just you." He continued. I didn't even bothered to look up at him as the pain and heartbreak had clouded my ability to think. He sounded lighthearted and funny but his mood didn't touch me right then. He held the umbrella he had over and squatted down next to me. When I didn't show any reaction, he sighed.

"Alright, alright. Just treat me like a statue." Then he glanced at me carefully again. When I turned to meet his glance, he almost toppled back comically. "Omo, are you okay?" He sounded flustered and scared. I would have probably looked scary and crazy to him with my red eyes and puffy cheeks. I started to cry harder when he asked the question. No one had ever asked me or care if I was alright. No one simply bothered. No one except for Jiyong and this stranger. This stranger reminded me of the beautiful times that I once had with Jiyong and it made me feel those suffocating heartache again. 

"Please stop crying...." 

But the more he said it, the more tears started to fall. I felt comfortable with the stranger. I would never have dared to show my tears and emotions in front of Jiyong as I was scared of how he would react. During the times where tears had betrayed me, he would only look at me with sorry eyes that held empty promises. This stranger was different. Even though I had only known him for a few minutes, he had already shown that he cared.

Without saying a word, the stranger pulled me up and dragged me into the nearest shelter. I followed him blindly but I trusted him. A gust of wind blew pass me and I couldn't stop shivering. My clothes were already soaked and drenched from the rain. He took off his jacket and drapped it over my shoulder, revealing his lean and muscular stature. I received it gratefully, grabbing it closer to me. 

"What happened?" 

Those two words almost set me crying again. They finally dissolved what was left of the dam around my heart and I found myself choking over my words as I poured everything out to a stranger that I just met. I realised suddenly that I had not asked for his name. "Who...a..are..yo..you?" "Me? Oh I'm Taeyang". The first thought that I registered was what a weird name he had. The second was out of my mouth before I could even stop it. "So why are you out now? It's rainning." He blinked at my comment and laughed. He laughed so hard that he had to double over to clutch his stomach. It was a happy sound, like a child's laughter but I wasn't in the mood to join him after what happened. However, I had felt better after talking about it. It was as though a huge boulder that I had been shouldering for such a long time had finally been lifted off my shoulders. I felt strangely relieved and free like a bird out of its cage. All Taeyang did was to sit beside me as I choked out all my emotions and listen patiently while nodding. It had gave me the strength to continue talking. 

"I thought you didn't have a sense of humor! Well I guess the Sun must be out to soothe the pain don't you think?" His cockiness had almost made me smack him on the head. My mouth twitched a little but my mind was still on Jiyong. He was serious suddenly. He gave me a thoughtful expression while fiddling with the snapback he wore.

"So...Do you really love him?"

There were suddenly loud and heaby footfalls and it sounded like someone was staggering and trying to run at the same time. The familiar figure stopped in front of me and bend over to catch his breath. It was the person I want to talk to the least now and the person that I wish would just disappear. Jiyong looked up at me with eyes that looked like they were sober but half crazy. He was shivering madly and I could tell that he was still crying. His eyes were still red and his silvery blonde hair was plastered to his cheekbones that made him look like a vunerable child. Then , he spotted Jiyong and what was on my shoulder.

 

Jiyong's POV

Seeing her with him, whoever he was, was heart wrenching. I had ran out of the house without even carrying an umbrella to beg her to come back just to witness this sight. My guts that were twisting just now from the guilt and sadness had suddenly turned hollow. The empty hollowness filled me completely but it was until what I saw on her shoulder. The hollowness was slowly being replaced by what felt like the burning of fire. My vision had taken a reddish tint and felt the anger from earlier again like a monster being awaken. I could feel myself clench my jaw and ball my hands into fists subconsiously as I was about to raise my fists to punch the man beside her. Then I saw her expression. What was on her face made me drop my fists and made my mind go blank. She was scared. She was as scared as she was in the house earlier when my mind wasn't thinking straight. I can't. I can't hurt her anymore. I knew if I stayed on and cling onto my stubborness, I would hurt her even more. I wasn't even there for her when she needed me. I didn't deserve her. Mustering the remainning breath that I had before my throat constricted completely, I whispered, " I love you but I want you to be happy and you would be but only without me." I didn't want her to see me weak and crying again so I turned and ran away before my breathing hitched and hot tears came running down again.

 

Your POV

He ran out, just like that. Watching him go didn't make my heart feel lighter as I thought it would. I crounched over on the floor again as a new wave of fresh tears started surfacing. Taeyang walked over and patted my back gently. "This shows that you really do care and love him." He whispered. I knew he was right. I loved Jiyong. I had loved him, put up with him even when he was what he was before. Seeing him go had made my heart heavier. If I didn't love him anymore, why would I feel this way? Why would I still cry again?

But he betrayed you. A small voice reminded me venomously.

"He loves you too." I looked up and see Taeyang smiling down ruefully at me. "I could see it. He almost hit me but he stopped when he saw that you were scared. I have got a feeling that he didn't want to hurt you anymore." I saw it too. He had looked so crazy then but he had stopped. For me.

Getting up from my crouch, I returned the jacket back to Taeyang and thanked him gratefully. With his words, I was clear about what I wanted and needed. Rushing out again into the rain, I ran to look for Jiyong, guessing that he would probably be at the usual spot that we had used to hang out. The familiar figure was looming into view again. He was crouching on the grass patch too, putting his heads between his knees. He was sniffing and throwing stones into the river that was in front of him. "Jiyong." He didn't turn. I walked on the muddy grass patch and touched his back tentatively. I was suddenly pulled down into his embrace. It wasn't an embrace. It was that kind of bone crunching hug that conveyed all his emotions. I could feel his hurt and longing for me in his hug. "Please tell me that you're real, that I'm not dreaming." Jiyong's voice shook as he held me tightly as though I would disappear into a wisp of smoke and fade away. "Jiyong, I-" He crushed his lips against mine and my sentence went unfinished. His kiss was hard at first but it soften into a sweet and soft one. When he pulled away, I didn't remember how to breathe. "I..I'm sorry." Jiyong's voice shook again as he stood up, afraid that he had made a mistake. I stared up at his unsure expression. He was handsome even though he was drenched in rain and had mud on his face. Then I said the only words that fit then. " I love you, Jiyong." I said simply. He shook his head. "I'm no good for you and you know that too, I might even try to hurt yo-" I stood up and place my finger on his lips. "No, you're the one being stupid." His lips twitched as he smiled uncertainly. I smiled widely back at him and threw myself into his embrace. He lifted me off the floor and spun me around as I squealed. "I promise that I would never make you shed another tear for me again." Jiyong said.

He had really changed I could feel it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry for the late post! I was having exams and I had to prepare for it. This is the sequel that I wrote for part 1 and I hope you like it!~ I kinda rushed through it a bit so it might not be as well written. Pardon for any mistakes again and please do comment if not I would feel that I'm taking to myself. Byes~