the reality of dreams

TEEN TOP FANFICTIONS written by Teen Top
Niel is at home.  Alone.  With nothing to do.

He was thinking of going home to his family but it's already near midnight and he has a schedule tomorrow.  Damn schedules!  It's Chuseok!  Everyone is at home with their parents while he's at home!  Alone!  With absolutely nothing to do!

He could sleep, but the stillness of the dorm is eerie.  He's not used to the quiet.  He's not used to keeping his mouth shut like this either, the saliva is overflowing.

He took out his phone and started typing,  'Hyung, come home!  I'm lonely.  *heart*' and hit send.

20-seconds later he received a reply from Byunghun.  'Come here then!  *smirk*'

'Will you treat me to eat delicious food?'  he asked.

'I will treat you to coffee and cake'  his hyung replied.

'But America is too far...  *pout*'  he complained.

'Then stay there!  kekeke'  the older teased.

'Tsk.  Hyung, you're no fun at all.  I'm scared, the dorm is sooooo still and quiet.  *teardrop*'

'Dongsaeng-ah, just go to sleep already.  You have a schedule tomorrow right?  Drink the banana milk in the fridge before you go to bed.  Don't forget to smile before closing your eyes!  *kiss*' 

Smile?!  Yup, he's good at that.  He might personally rank himself 2nd to the last in terms of looks but when he smiles, it comes from the bottom of his heart.  And that is Ahn Daniel's charisma.

Taking the banana milk and drinking it like what his hyung instructed, he made his way to the sofa and decided to sleep there.  Uncomfortable as it is, the bedroom he shared with Jonghyun and Byunghun just feels too big and empty at the moment.

While trying to find the perfect spot, his thoughts began to wonder...what is the power of a smile?

Niel kept patting the sofa, fluffing his pillows and trying different positions but still couldn't find the perfect spot until he flung his arms out and just gave up.  He stood up and headed to the computer and turned it on.  He typed the word "smile" in the search engine and hit "enter".

After a few seconds the result was listed and he read:  "A smile is a facial expression formed by flexing the muscles near both ends of the mouth and by flexing muscles throughout the mouth."  "Smiling raises your spirits and makes other people happy - it's a very powerful expression."

Niel's thoughts:

Appa said smiling comes more naturally to some people than others, but like any habit, it gets much easier with practice.  And with fuller lips like mine, it definitely looks better on me than on Chanhee-hyung.  *fist-pump*

Jonghyun's smile is so rare that it's a jewel when he does it.  And he should do it more often, maybe then others won't be afraid of him.  It's actually sad that others think like that of him.  Sure, he wrestles with pillows and thinks that his imitation of Gary (Spongebob's pet snail) is the greatest,  or that he has his own little world, but it's just him!  That's the way he is and there certainly is some mysterious charm to him.

 
Changhyun's smile is just so playful that it's impossible not to be dragged into it.  I notice when his eyes twinkle at the same time.  Maybe it's because he started as a child actor but he's really good at just being himself, silly sometimes, innocent, and brave.  I was impressed when he volunteered to do that "military" activity in Brother's Outing even though he knew it was going to be difficult.  He gets insecure sometimes about the dancing and the singing but I'll try to reassure him more.
 
Minsoo-hyung's smile is just so bizarre...so contrasting to his facial features and his deep voice ~I'm the ladies choice~.  I don't know if he intentionally scrunches up his eyes but Angels think that his eye smile is 'cute' so it's ok.  At least his pleasantly humorous self is coming out.  As a leader, he's not really very effective...we get away with everything!  So it's not about his age or his leader role that inspires us to follow him...it's because he's usually right!
 
Chanhee-hyung's smile is so bright it hurts the eyes.  Thank the heavens he stopped winking and focused on smiling because it's really getting annoying...when eating ~wink~, when on-stage ~wink, wink, wink~, in front of the practice room mirror ~wink again~, taking selcas ~wink-hold-click~ then check if the selca came out good, then showing it to us and winks some more.
 
Byunghun-hyungs's smile is warm, not his ultra-chic smirk, but his natural smile.  I don't know if he notices but when he bullies us and then he smiles, we instantly forgive him.  Of course, we know he's just being playful and it's not a big deal but even so, it gets under the skin sometimes, and he never really apologizes for disrupting a game or disturbing us, but his smile has that care that you instantly feel and so you just let it go.

...And his thoughts went on and on and on and on and on and he kept on clicking and clicking and clicking at different sites until he got tired and closed the tabs and was about to turn the device off when he noticed a separate folder located at the bottom left corner of the screen.

TEEN TOP FANFICTION written by Teen Top

There was another file in the folder and he proceeded to click and read it.  "Ahhh!  So we're supposed to do this?!  Jonghyun definitely wrote this, he's the only one of us who has a war-freak personality. *nod* *nod*  ...but 'grumpy-lips'???" 

The sound of the door opening and closing was missed and so apparently, Niel wasn't alone in the dorm anymore and he suddenly felt his heart jump in his throat when a shadow appeared beside the computer.  "Niel, why are you still up?  We have to get up early for your schedule." the manager said.

Niel exhaled slowly clutching his chest, willing his heart to go back down to the chest cavity between his lungs (snuggling a little to the left lung), and nodded slowly.  "Hyung, what are you doing here?"

"Andy-nim told me to look after you since you're alone here in the dorm" the manager explained.  "So turn that off already and go to sleep."

"Ok.  But I still have to do this assignment and write a story.  Hyung, give me a situation, I don't know what to write about."

"Go to sleep and dream then write down what you dreamt." the manager helpfully suggested.

Having no choice since he really did need to sleep and manager-hyung was standing still, tapping his foot on the floor, Niel turned the computer off and headed to the sofa.

He laid there, staring at the ceiling, until he finally drifted off to sleep and met with the sandman and began to dream...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was floating, at least that's how it felt like.  He was not standing because he could see his legs and feet right in front of him.  He wasn't lying down either because his back is not against anything solid.  He is definitely floating.  And in the distance there was a huge white circle.

He extended his arms slowly trying to grab a hold of the glittering orb in front, above or beyond him.  He couldn't really tell.  But he wanted to touch it.  So he stretched out some more, pointing his legs and feet downward and extending his fingers out.  In doing so, he lifted himself off the substance he was suspended in and emerged in a lake, dripping wet and cold.

Noticing the wetness, he looked down on himself first then up to the moon above.  That big white circle orb.  "I will definitely not reach that!  It's too high!"

"Hey! Are you okay?" he heard someone shout.  He looked for the source of the voice and saw a man wearing a hat.

He pointed at himself and shouted back "Who? Me?"

The man looked at him weirdly and nodded. 

"I guess so." he yelled and started waddling to the man's direction.

The man offered his hands to help him out of the water and asked "What were you doing in the middle of the lake? Swimming?"

"Yeah.  I was trying to catch some fish." he replied smiling.  "By the way, my name is Niel and you are?"

"My name is Cap" the other one replied, smiling too.  "Do you have extra clothes? You might catch a cold dripping wet like that."

"Oh, I have some spare clothes.  Wait here, I'll go change."  He went behind a tree and took out his phone and said to it "Dry clothes" then voila, his clothes were dry.

He went back to where Cap was.  "I'm thirsty."

"If you'd like to come, I'm headed to a cafe.  They serve juices and bubble tea too."  Cap offered.

"Yeah, that will be good."  he accepted.

And so they made their way to the coffee shop and Cap ordered drinks.  Coffee and bubble tea.

Niel tried the bubble tea and thought it was good.  He noticed Cap blowing into his drink before sipping some, then curiously he asked "What does it taste like?"

"Coffee?  You don't know what it tastes like?  Haven't you had any before?" Cap asked bewildered.

"No.  Before today, I've only had water to drink." he admitted.

Cap told him to wait and came back later with a fresh cup of coffee and put it in front of Niel.

"Go on, take a sip."

Niel followed what Cap was doing before.  He blew lightly on the dark liquid, the fumes drifting to his nose, then took a sip.  Niel grimaced, it was hot.  He pouted, it was bitter.  Then he smiled, it was calming.  He can feel the dendrites firing off signals to his brain that everything is peaceful and tranquil.  'No need to worry.'

Cap, witnessing all the emotions, smiled and sipped his own coffee.

Niel noticed this and said,  "Your Duchenne smile really suits you."

"Huh? What is that?"  Cap asked.

"Duchenne smile.  It's only when you truly feel like smiling that you flash a Duchenne. The eyes are essential for a genuine, wholehearted, warm smile, you know."  Niel calmly explained.

Cap was dumbfounded, didn't know what to say, so he just stared at Niel holding his coffee cup midway between his chin and the table.

Niel on the other hand was actually enjoying the bittersweet flavor.  The taste actually gets better the more you drink it.  And the aroma wafting to his nose is making his senses lull.

"D-Du-Dushane what?"  Cap stuttered.

"D-U-C-H-E-N-N-E"  Niel spelled and pointed to his eyes  "Eye smile"

"Uhh, okay. Thank you, I guess." Cap replied.

"I like coffee." Niel declared.  "I bet there are other ways to drink this and other food that goes well with it."

Cap agreed and added "There are a hundred variants of coffee and about a hundred cakes and sweet things that you can eat with it."

"And they only sell them at these cafes?" Niel asked looking around.

"Yeah.  The really cool cafes have great designs and comfy atmospheres" Cap informed him.

"I think I'm going to build one of these cafes with lots of coffee and cakes and really beautiful interiors and tables and chairs." Niel decided.

"Good luck with that!  Anyways, you need to wake up now because you still need to go to the salon before heading to the studio."  Cap replied while sipping his coffee and bouncing his head to the music playing in the background  ~stop, stop, breaking my heart, i need you girl~


Niel was baffled.  Breaking hearts?  Studio?  Salon?  What?   Right then, he felt the world shaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Niel-ah, get up now.  Your alarm is going off for 10 minutes already.  We need to get to go the salon."  the manager continued to shake and tap Niel on the shoulders trying to get him to wake up.

"Okay.  I'm up."  Niel sat up with his eyes still closed.

The manager handed Niel his phone.  "Crazy" was still playing as his alarm tone.  "I think you have messages.  Hurry up and get ready."

Niel opened one eye and peeked at his phone screen and found 25 messages:

1.  Niel-hyung, don't sleep with your hair still wet, you might catch a cold.  - Changhyun
2.  Niel-ah, drink all the banana milk you want.  I bought them for you.  - Byunghun-hyung  
3.  Fish-lips-hyung, my teddy bear better still be where I left it when I come back.  - Jonghyun
4.  Niel, if you're still scared watch a movie until you fall asleep.  - Byunghun-hyung
5.  Niel-ah, FIGHTING!  - Chanhee-hyung
6.  Hyung, are you sleeping already?  - Changhyun
7.  Niel-ah, are you lonely?  Tell me, I'll come over immediately.  - Minsoo-hyung
8.  Hyung, umma made delicious rice cakes.  I'll save some for you.  - Changhyun
9.  Niel, sorry for leaving you alone.  We'll be back soon.  - Chanhee-hyung
10.  Yo! are you ignoring me?  - Minsoo-hyung
11.  Niel-hyung, I miss you!  - Dongsaeng-brother
12.  Niel, sleep early you have to wake up early tomorrow too.  Sorry about the schedule, I'll try to talk to the managers tomorrow.  - Andy-hyung
13.  Byunghun told me you might be sleeping already.  Will you dream about me? kekeke  - Minsoo-hyung
14.  Goodnight and sweet dreams, fish-lips-hyung  - Jonghyun
15.  Daebak!  you're not even replying!  - Changhyun
16.  Jonghyun just told me you're not replying to him too.  You must have worked hard today!  Sleep well.  - Changhyun
17.  I couldn't greet you earlier because you're at the studio.  Happy Chuseok!  - Chanhee-hyung
18.  Niel-ah, I'll see you at dreamland. *smiley*  - Minsoo-hyung
19.  Niel, don't forget to say your prayers.  - Appa
20.  Dongsaeng-ah, sleep tight!  *hugs*  - Byunghun-hyung
21.  Ahn Daniel, did you forget to greet me a happy chuseok?  get ready when you come home!  - Hyung-brother
22.  Yah! Niel, I know your schedule ends early tomorrow.  Come home, I'll make your favorites.  - Umma
23.  Niel-ah, I ordered breakfast for you.  Eat it before going to the salon arrasso?  - Byunghun-hyung
24.  Hyung, I forgot to ask.  When is your new cafe going to open?  I'll be your first customer!  - Changhyun
25.  Niel! I dreamed about you!  - Minsoo-hyung

By now, Niel is fully awake and reading all the messages again.  He heard manager-hyung talking to someone at the door and after a while came to him and said, "It seems Byunghun ordered breakfast, its in the table.  I'm going to check the car.  Did you dream well?"

"Huh?"  Niel asked.

"Didn't you ask me for a situation last night for that story your were going to write.  If you dreamt, just write that down.  Dreams are the greatest stories to write, you know." manager said.

Niel's lips slowly stretched from both ends of the mouth.  It's a weird dream but it was sweet.  "I hope chick-hyung ordered coffee too."  

 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
next chapter:  someone wants some love...
 
 
A/N:  So this is what happens when you don't plan out what you're going to write...endless drifting of the story...i learn more everyday!  ^_^