a reader's logic

TEEN TOP FANFICTIONS written by Teen Top
It's the middle of the night or the beginning of another day, depending on one's opinion, and a certain person with eyes as warm as hot coals was trying to peek into the darkness of the room while trying to fumble around for his phone, which he was one hundred percent sure was supposed to be on his bedside table, but was not there.
 
He looked at the clock and saw the shorter hand at one and the longer at twelve.  "Why am I awake?" 

"I wasn't even dreaming."  He just opened his eyes and was instantly awake.  Like switching the lights on. 

Closing his eyes again, he prayed for sleep.  He his side, to his other side, laid face down and finally laid on his back and stared at the ceiling, acknowledging the inevitable.  

Changhyun tried to count sheep but the "baa! baa! baa!" of the sheep was too loud he was afraid that his roomates might be awakened.  He tried to think of other things people do to fall asleep but couldn't find one.  However, he was one who wouldn't get frustrated easily as he continued to toss and turn trying to find a more comfortable position.

"Changhyun-ah, what are you doing?  Go to sleep."  a sleepy-whispered order from Byunghun.

"That's the problem.  I can't!"  he whispered back.

Byunghun knew that Changhyun won't be going back to sleep soon.  Sometimes, when you're too tired you're body ironically can't settle down even if you pleaded.  As it happens, he won't be going back to sleep too because Changhyun will just keep on tossing and turning and rustle the sheets, and in the confines of a small room like theirs, every vibration counts.  

"Drinking hot milk helps me to sleep.  I'll make some if you want."  Byunghun offered.

"Ok."  Changhyun accepted.

The two of them made their way to the kitchen and Byunghun heated milk in a pan and thought to add a few chocolate flavored marshmallows before giving a mug to the other.

"This is tasty!  Hyung, where did you learn to do this?"  the curious Changhyun asked.

"When I lived in L.A.  It's supposed to be hot choco with the marshmallows but cocoa can keep you awake."  Byunghun explained.

A comfortable silence fell upon them where only the sound of sipping milk can be heard.

Byunghun finished his drink first and asked the other if he's finished offering to wash the mugs.

"You can go ahead and leave the mug, I'll wash it."  Changhyun said.  Feeling grateful for the milk and the warmth that is now spreading throughout his body and, honestly, a bit guilty for stealing the last slice of pizza yesterday.  It was a good thing Jonghyun and Chanhee interfered coz he was really in trouble then.

The elder nodded and said goodnight, patting the youngster's head when he passed him on his way back to the bedroom.

Alone, Changhyun was actually enjoying the quiet and the warm mug of milk.  Being an idol is great but during practice and shows, it's a great noisy world.  Crews shouting, PD's and production crews talking loudly, equipments being dragged around, studio persons setting up all kinds of sets, and fans shouting.  Don't get him wrong, he LOVES Angels shouting, especially during broadcasts and recently during their concerts, the fanchants give him added energy and boosts it up when he's already feeling tired.  And as an added bonus to the clamor, there's Niel.  Whether in the car, in waiting rooms and at the dorm, Niel is a constant threat to any form of tranquility.

All in all, the uproar of everyday life as an idol is great, marvelous even, but sometimes...just sometimes...a little peace and quiet can be a good thing.

Feeling soothed, he decided to check the internet and see what other things were going on in the world.  It's good to be informed of such things, he thought.

On the desktop, he saw a curious folder, TEEN TOP FANFICTIONS written by Teen Top

Clicking it open, he noted a file "The Resolve of a Dedicated Guy" and proceeded to read what was written.  When he got to a paragraph - "To protect someone or to defend oneself, a man uses his hands and skills and nothing more..." -  Changhyun smiled and nodded.  He knew who wrote this!  Jonghyun!

"Ah, so we have to write a story."  he concluded.  "Why didn't manager-hyung tell us about this?"  He shrugged and figured that maybe the manager was going to tell them later or it's a one on one thingy.  "Well, maybe I should write mine now.  I have an idea." he resolved.

And so, Changhyun started typing in the middle of the night or the beginning of the day, depending on one's opinion...and all that can be seen is the calm face, with some occasional knitting of the eyebrows, bathed in the glow of the computer screen.  And all that can be heard is the constant 'tap' 'tap' 'tap' of the qwerty keyboard keys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In an ideal world, everything should be easy.  You can do whatever you want, be whoever you want and say whatever you want.  But it's not like that, is it?  Why couldn't it be? 

Why is something which is supposedly easy, be so hard to do?  We all have our passions. Others sing, someone dances, those who can't hold a note like the singers, raps.  Those who can't do those, act.  And others still who are not so skilled have their own passions, like reading.

People have this constant belief that when someone doesn't share you passion it's not worth befriending that person.  Not even bothering to see if there is some mutual point that they can at least agree on. 

If there is one universal knowledge that every person should know, it is that 'No man is an island'. 
 
It is also a universal truth that humans are social beings, which only proves that at some point, even if you think that two people are miles apart or one was born a hundred years earlier and can never meet under any circumstance, there will be a point in time where they can actually meet and say hello.

Books.  That is the medium of time and space.  Be it through the printed kind or the technologically-advanced kind (ebooks and such).

Sometimes, people
put you down quickly when they see you doing something they've never thought you'd be doing (like reading) and get dissapointed since they think they know you inside and out already just because they see you constantly in broadcasts and fansigns and aftershows.  They brand you as this type of person just because it fits in their intended description of you.

Do you always have to love a person like that even if they're wrong or generally being a 'bad person'.  Isn't it that fixing something which makes the person 'bad' is somewhat showing your love?
 
If so, one must prevent being dragged into the constant cycle of pleasing others at the cost of one's dignity. 
 
Putting it bluntly, one must not say 'yes' all the time or constantly follow the trend.  Instead, one must persuade those others to change their minds and, if possible, let them see the good points of an endeavor.  One must be a trailblazer and make others follow him instead of the other way around.
 
If a person will promise to work hard and be good at the other things he is lacking while continuing to pursue his passions, will others give their support?

Will they offer their hearts
in return?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oooops!  I think I might've written it wrong...it's not a story.  More like an essay?!"  Changhyun
admitted after reading what he typed.  "How did I end up writing this?  This was harder than I thought!?"

But his eyelids are ready to drop now, so he concluded that he will ask manager-hyung when the sun comes up if it's okay or if he has to change it.




 
next chapter:  Niel is home alone...
 
 
A/N:  teen top on air vid where Ricky talks about how he loves to read books.  I felt that his voice was betraying his emotions.