Park Confession.

Park Confession.

You were sitting at the park waiting for Baekhyun to bring you back an ice cream. It was beautiful today, big fluffy clouds, and abundant sunshine, yet it wasn’t overly hot. 

Here”, Baekhyun said playfully shoving the ice cream near your face.

Yahh!”, you yelled. He just laughed as he sat down next to you.

Today’s nice huh?”.

Yeah, it’s really pretty”, you replied.

The two of you sat there eating ice cream and watching the kids play around with each other, just enjoying the atmosphere and scenery. 

Wanna take a walk and look at the flowers?”, Baekhyun suddenly asked.

Mmm, sure. I have to walk off all the food and sweets you fed me today anyways!”, you said jokingly.

The trail was speckled with flower petals. They looked so pretty blowing in the slight breeze. As you walked along, Baekhyun’s hand brushed up against yours. You weren’t sure if it was intentional or not, but either way you didn’t pay it any mind.

———

Why am I so nervous to hold her hand?”, Baekhyun thought to himself. “Just do it!”.

He tried to reach out and grab her hand but missed. He ended up just brushing up against it.

God that’s so embarrassing, I hope she just thinks it was an accident”, he thought. He looked at her, it didn’t seem like she noticed or at the very least even cared about it. He took a sigh of relief. 

There was a lake coming up so the both of you decided to take a break there and enjoy the view. 

———

You sat down on the grass and Baekhyun took the empty spot to your left. He was always joking around so being around him instantly put you in good spirits. 

Hey”, he said poking you on the cheek suddenly. “What do you think of me?”.

That caught you off guard and all you could get out was “Uhhhh”. He looked at you expectantly.

I think you’re a really nice guy. A great friend. A really fun person to be around, and…”, you said ticking your fingers off as you counted.

No, I mean like what do you think of me as a man?”, he said cutting you off.

———

What do you mean as a man?”, she asked confused.

Baekhyun decided to confess. “I like you”, he said as he turned to face her.

I like you too”, she answered back.

No, I mean, I like you, as a woman”, he said seriously. She looked shocked, so he mentally prepared for the worst.

He liked her for a while now, but believed she only liked him as a friend. The more they hung out, the more he found himself falling for her. Thus, he decided to put it all out on the table and confess to her. He didn’t want to regret anything.

I’ve liked you for a while now. I like you. The way you smile, the way you scrunch your nose up when you laugh, the way you flick your thumb nail when you’re nervous, the way you chew with all your food stuffed into your right cheek, everything”.

———

You couldn’t believe what you were hearing. Your good friend was confessing to you. You thought that only happened in dramas, but here your friend was, sitting next to you, confessing. You didn’t know what to think, you were speechless.

Although I really appreciate you, I’m not sure how I feel about this whole situation”, you said honestly.

He looked hurt. He didn’t meet your eyes. 

I’ve never really thought about it before”, you continued. “Maybe, somewhere in the back of my mind, I’ve always had some sort of feelings for you too, but you were always popular with the ladies. I felt like I wouldn’t have a chance, so I pushed those feelings aside right away”.

———

Baekhyun was somewhat dumbstruck. He continued to listen to her as she tried to explain her feelings. Did she reject him or did he still have a chance?

But I only like you…”, he sulked. You both fell silent. It felt like an eternity. He looked at her and saw that she was looking at the lake, obviously contemplating something.

…Do you really mean that?”, she suddenly asked, still looking ahead.

Baekhyun nodded his head, but then realized she wasn’t looking at him. ‘Idiot’, he thought as he quickly answered her.

I promise my feelings are sincere. If you accept me, I’ll try my best”, he said sincerely.

———

You suddenly got up. You lightly held out your hand to Baekhyun. After he got up, he slowly started to pull his hand away. You tightened your grip. “What are you doing? This is what you wanted right?”, you said smiling as you started walking.

———

Baekhyun was a big ball of emotions, he didn’t know what to think. So is this a yes? He looked at her back view as she lightly pulled his hand and started walking. He looked down at their hands. ‘She’s not letting go…' he thought, smiling to himself as she slowly led them.