III

Burnt

My arms dropped to my sides as the door closed very softly. I could hardly believe what had happened. One very annoying diva, and a weird stranger barge into my house, and try to tell me not to hurt Minho? What a joke!

They had very successfully spoiled my mood. I grabbed my bag from the side, clenching my fists tightly around the strap as I stormed out of my house.

That twerp is going to pay.

 

********

 

I was frustrated, annoyed and I wanted to yank out all of my hair at once. There were ridiculously many tourists on the streets, crawling about and crowing in unknown languages that I didn't even want to bother knowing.

I squirmed out of the crowd, glad that I was finally free of the suffocating bunch. But suddenly, I realized my bag had disappeared.

Whipping around, I curled my lip when I spotted a man in dark clothing triumphantly holding it, and was about to open it, and dig through it.

"Give that back!" With a flying leap I landed on top of him, disregarding the gasps and shouts of people around us.

We wrestled on the ground, a whirling, screeching bundle as people leapt out of the way. I let out a gasp when he aimed lean, quick blows at my stomach. He was an experienced fighter.

Finally, he kicked me so hard in the stomach that I flew off, landing a few metres away, winded. I propped myself up, staring in fury at the man who glanced mockingly at me.

My vision turned red with anger, and suddenly I rammed into him, not even stopping to catch my breath. I scratched, tore and fought, ignoring the blows that were so weakly aimed at me. My hands closed around my bag, and I ripped it from his grip. But my anger still wasn't spent.

"Taemin!" A voice shook me to reality, and two warm hands closed around my waist. A sudden rush of wind made me gasp. I realized someone was carrying me, and we were running at high speed across the street. I tried to protest, but I couldn't breath any longer.

Suddenly, we came to a stop. The person finally put me down, his eyes filled with panic as he grabbed my shoulders as he shook me bck and forth.

"Are you alright?"

"I will be if you stop shaking me you idiot! It won't help me get my breath back!" I snapped back. That voice, it was definitely of that fool's.

"What were you thinking, fighting with that man? But you weren't that bad yourself....." Minho raised his eyebrows at me, and I rolled my eyes. I wiped the blood from my cheek, but it still flowed in dripped onto my thigh.

Minho reached forward, wiping my face gently. He dabbed a towel on my wound. His eyes were filled with worry and concern. I couldn't help it, as my eyes closed and I out.

 

******

 

It was strange. I felt so warm, so safe when I opened my eyes. I was sitting on a velvet chair, my arms rested on both my sides. Soft light filtered in from the windows on my right.

"Have you waken, your Highness?" Someone kneeled before me. His brown curls dropped like a curtain across his eyes, as he flashed a cheeky smile at me.

I couldn't control my reactions, or my body.

My head moved to an upright position, and I smiled wryly.

"I am no Highness, Minho."

He smiled, wrapping both his arms around my waist, and lifting me airbound. A genuine smile appeared on my face, as we spun for a few circles before he let me down.

Before I could even move, he gestured towards the windows. It was amazing, a vast rose garden right before my eyes.

"Here, wait for me." He put me down, letting me sit as he scampered off. I stretched a hand to stop him, but he flashed a smile at me, before disappearing out into the garden.

I sat there, smiling to myself. I could smell the sweet aroma of roses, and I closed my eyes in bliss.

Suddenly, searing heat was around me. My eyes snapped open in horror. The chair, the beautiful mansion, the windows all vanished.

"Minho!" I gasped out. For a moment, I saw his face on one corner. But his face was cold, and he didn't regard me at all. He turned and left, leaving me in the sea of flames.

"No...." I whispered, hugging myself in a tiny bundle as the flames swallowed me.......

 

*******

 

I couldn't feel any pain. Had I been burnt alive....and was numb from everything?

"Taemin, here." I blinked at the cup offered to me. Minho appeared in my line of vision, his smile so kind. I wanted to believe he was a caring person. Someone who would love me, and protect me forever.

But I couldn't.

He had betrayed me.

And he was going to pay for that.

I was about to consider doing something right at that moment, but when I saw my wounds bandaged, I softened for a moment. Looking back at his face, my desire for revenger deterred.

Now was not that the time.

"Thank you." I murmured, taking a sip, soothing my parched throat.

"I'm glad you're alright." He smiled, my hair. I had to resist pinning him down and scratching his eyes out for a moment.

If only you weren't such a two-faced liar.

I hate you. For everything you have done.

Brace yourself, Minho. You have signed your death warrant a long time ago.

And I shall wait no longer.