Remembering

February the 30th

The sun was shining down brightly at its highest point in the sky, warming me with its golden touch. A soft breeze hummed through the air, bringing with it the sweet aroma of grasses and wildflowers.

Today was the first day of summer.

The sundress I’m wearing is very simple, but it had earned a special place in my closet – and my heart. The colour of its light floral pattern matched that of today’s perfect blue sky. I normally don’t like to wear dresses; they can get really annoying on a windy day. But there are always exceptions and today, I decided to make an effort to look extra nice, for him.

This dress was given to me as a “brighten up” gift, and you probably could already guess who it was from. A good sense of style is about the only thing that I can say he doesn’t lack. That and this secret charm he possesses, but of course I will never admit it to his face that his charisma gets to me.

And fine. I suppose he didn’t do too badly in the looks department either.

I fiddled with the stem of carnation between my fingers, a soft smile playing on my lips.

I love carnations – they were beautiful and my favourite…just like him.

 

Carnations.

I remember…they were the flowers he gave me when he asked me out on our first official date. Well, he meant them to be roses of course, but that guy just couldn’t tell the difference.

I chuckled despite myself. Choi Minho, you always had to be such an idiot, didn’t you?

I twirled the carnation around, my thoughts drifting back through all these years. All the laughter and tears, the careless smiles and brooding scowls.

We were seven when we first met…

I remember.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author’s Note:

Hey guys!

Sorry for keeping you waiting and then coming up with a very short chapter! It’s very different from the ones you may have seen in “Teach Me”.

This is meant to kick off everything, so there’s more to come ^^

Thank you dear subscribers! For all your support, comments and patience – you guys are awesum. <33