Final

Library

 

(Final)

 

It was a cold and pouring Thursday afternoon. The sun was buried behind the dark, grey clouds, leaving the sky boringly dull and colourless. 

Like every ordinary Thursday, you were seated near the window at the library, engrossed in a book after you had completed all your homework, when all of a sudden, a figure approached you. 

"Hello there, I'm Luhan. What's your name?" the boy smiled sheepishly, gently ruffling his soft and fluffy blonde hair with his left hand. Your eye brows pinched together simply because you hated being interrupted especially while you were reading. 

Despite his incredibly good looks that could drive nearly almost any girl insane, you rolled your eyes, completely uninterested. Not that you didn't like boys or anything...You're just weren't really what people consider a warm and sociable person. 

Your clear bright eyes, long eyelashes, sharp nose and small pink lips easily made you his dream girl. Luhan tilted his head and pouted. *Did I just get rejected?* he thought, frowning. Not once in the past 18 years of his life has he actually gotten rejected before. He studied you in curiousity, a motto already etched in his mind..

 

Since that Thursday, week after week, Luhan showed up again and again with a mindset of getting at least a one word reply from you. Just one word. But so far, it hasn't really been going well for him. The constant ignoring and rejection was enough to drive him crazy, given that he has never really been ignored till this extent before.

You can't blame him for being insanely popular since well, forever.

 

((The week after))

"Is that book good? I saw you reading it last week." 

It was the same voice. The same person. Luhan. 

Sighing in defeat, you looked up to lock eyes with him. He gulped at the sight of your beautiful face, finally turning towards his direction. He did not see that coming. 

"It's okay." 

Finally. Finally he had gotten a reply. 

Taking full advantage of the situation, he quickly shifted his over to the seat beside you excitedly.

"What is it about?" he asked, smiling, unable to control the overwhelming happiness inside of him. 

You grimaced. "It's a horror story." 

"It seems really thick! How many pages are there?"

"A thousand."

" Whoa! I should read that! I like horror stories! Horror movies, everything! I love horror!  My name is Luhan! In case you forgot... Lu. Han." 

"Luhan."

"OMG YOU REMEMBERED MY NAME?!" He widened his eyes into the size of plates. 

"Oh. I. Just. Told. You." he mentally slapped himself. *Real smooth, Luhan* he thought. 

You couldn't resist the tempation to laugh, unknowingly flashing him one of your rarest and also prettiest smiles. The kind of smile that was hard for even your parents to get. 

Luhan's faced was flushed as his heart began racing rapidly against his chest. 

"Well I'm-"

Your words were disrupted as you chuckled lightly, completely amused by how Luhan's spine immediately straightened up the moment you spoke. 

"I'm Hana." 


Three months had passed, but the meeting at the library every Thursday continued. And soon, you found your heart opening up to luhan even more, everyday. Your personality had changed. From the beautiful yet cold and anti-social girl, to someone who smiled more than usual - your life had changed for the better, all thanks to one boy. The one you met at the library, Luhan. 

 

Luhan clinged onto your arm tightly, his body shaking in pure fear. 

"Is it that scary?" you looked over at the frightened 18-year old. 

"Is this film really made for humans?!" he stuttered nervously. "This is completely awful!" 

"Hah." you folded your arms. "Didn't you LOOOOOOVE horror movies?" 

"Errr...Uh...that.."

"You lied to me!" you pretended to be angry.

"I'm sorry nana! I didn't want you to start ignoring me again after that short conversation, I'm sorry I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I was wrong, nana!" Luhan apologised desperately.

You pinched his nose lightly and giggled. "Aigoo..what do I do with you!" 

 

"Eh...Hana-yah." the lad called, tapping your shoulder gently. 

"Hmm?" 

"Would you want to come over to my house for dinner?" Luhan had finally mustered up the courage to invite you over to his house. 

At first you were slightly unsure. After all you had never stepped foot into a guy's house before.

But luhan isn't  just any guy. Luhan is your friend. Correction, your best friend. 

"Sure." you smiled. 

 

The house wasn't very big, but clean and spacious. 

"This is the living room, the kitchen is over there, toilets are all the way at the end if you need to go." Luhan gave you a brief tour of his house.

"I'll go make us lunch." Luhan beamed, sitting you onto the black leather couch and tossing you the remote control before he made his way into the kitchen. 

"Luhan, I'm going to the bathroom." you informed. 

"Ah, n-nae!" Luhan chuckled a bit.

*Wait, why did I even tell him...* you regretted soon after, slightly embarrassed. 

 

*All  the way to the end aye...* 

There were two doors at the end of the house. You opened up one of them, surprised to find yourself In what seemed like Luhan's room. The walls were painted light grey, and the room was filled with drawings of people. 

You spotted the largest piece of drawing among the rest. 

It was a girl seated near a window.

*Is that me?* 

You looked around, shocked to find more drawings of you scattered around his room and some, pasted on his walls. 

"Hana--" His eyes grew when he spotted you in his room. 

"Luhan, is this me?" you raised an eyebrow. 

He nodded slowly.

"Wow, Luhan! I didn't know how talented you were in drawing!" you picked up another piece of drawing -- not a drawing of you.

"Who is this?"

"My sister."

"This?"

"My mother." 

"Wow, did you draw your whole family?" you couldn't help but ask. There were so many drawings of different faces. 

"Yeah.. and some friends. And you.." he said shyly. 

"Luhan, why do you only draw people?" 

"Hmm.."

He took a moment to answer. And then a tiny smile creased his flawless face.

"I'm afraid that I will forget them one day. Because there are too many important people in this world that i want to remember. Forever." he lowered his head, and tears started leaking from the corner of his eyes.

"Why are you crying, Lu? Yah, you silly boy! Don't cry." You wiped the tears away from his face with your fingers. 

He couldn't control it anymore. Cupping your face in his hands, he locked his lips in yours and kissed you. 

"I love you, Hana." he said in between the kiss. 

"What are you doing?" you pushed him away, distancing the two of you. 

"Hana, I--"

"I have to go.." with that, you grabbed your bag and left hastily. Luhan stood in his room, his heart shattered, his tears flowing down his face continuously.

Your head was filled with nothing but confusion of what has just happened. Luhan had just kissed you and told you he loved you. After everything you had went through with your broken family, the idea of such a love had never crossed your mind. Were you even capable of love? Was it possible for you to love Luhan too? 


It had been two days since Luhan confessed to you. Your heart and mind had already decided. You love him too. You couldn't even imagine another day without him. It was obviously a mistake, leaving him just like that, that day. You regretted it so much, you wanted to just hit your head against the wall until it cracked open or something. 

Dialling up Luhan's cellphone, you waited for him to pick up.

 

Recents: Luhan (21) 

You've called Luhan a total of 21 times but he was still not answering. "Is he upset? I bet he is.." you sighed. 

Not forgetting that today was a thursday, you left the house for the library, in hopes that Luhan would be there. 

 

You arrived at the library. The usuals were all there.  All except one. Luhan. 

You sat down and waited.

An hour become two hours...

Two hours became three...

Three became four...

You got up to leave. 

(Text) I am so so sorry Luhan. It was a mistake, the other day.. Please don't ignore me.. 

-Hana

 

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into a month. 

Alone at the library, you weren't reading anymore. 

You were waiting. 

Tears escaped your eyes, your nose swelled, and you finally started to cry. 

"I miss you luhan.." you cried silently. 

He never called or texted back. 

No one answered his door. 

Believe it or not, Luhan seem to had vanished from the face of the earth. There was no way of contacting him, and you couldn't find him anywhere.

Holding back another tsunami of tears, you picked up the book. The book you were reading on the day you met Luhan. 

 

Page 143. 

"What's this?" 

You found a folded letter caught in between page 143 and 144. 

 

"1-4-3 means 'I love you'. Lee Hana, I love you." 

*Luhan..* 

"Since the day I met you, I knew I was going to fall in love with you. As you are reading this letter, I may already be in heaven, or maybe, I have just forgotten about you..." your eyebrows furrowed in confusion as you read on. 

"Truth is, I suffer from a brain tumour.. This tumour has been growing inside my head everyday since a year ago. The day I met you, was the day I found out. This ridiculous and cruel fact is yet something I eventually accepted as part of my fate. The doctors tell me I have a slim chance of surviving. And even if I do, I'll never be the same again. I'll lose a huge part of my memories. Which is why I draw. I don't want to forget any of it. I don't want to forget you, Hana."  you covered your mouth in shock, choking back the tears that keep defying you. 

"You have a beautiful smile. I always tell you that, and it's true. So the next time a handsome stranger talks to you, I want you to show off that beautiful smile. Don't forget about me Hana. No matter how selfless I am, I don't want you to forget.. I love you.

-Luhan"

 

Tears spilled out of your eyes as you sobbed miserably. You couldn't care about anything else,  just crying your heart out for being stupid, for being a complete fool. For that was the last time you saw Luhan ever since you walked through that door, after breaking his heart. 

"Luhan, I love you too."

The words that were a step too late, the words that never reached his ears. 


A year later....

 

It was a cold and pouring Thursday afternoon. Like all thursday afternoons, you were seated beside the window, engrossed in a book, when a figure approached you..

 

 

 

"Hello there, I'm Luhan, what's your name?" 

 


Author's note:

Thank you so much for reading!

This is my very first one-shot as well as Luhan fic so please avoid bashing if it was under your expectations!

Feel free to subscribe, comment & upvote

Check out my other stories here