f i v e

Guitar Lessons [hiatus]

 

F I V E 
 
It's already been three months since the guitar lessons had started and the two were closer than ever. Jiyong was falling more and more for Dara without knowing the fact that she was already taken by another guy. As for Dara, she enjoyed his company a lot and was happy that Jiyong had become such a great friend in her life. 
 
Jiyong watched as Dara strummed the strings, he was admiring her concentrated face and the way her eyes slowly closed as she started to gain more confidence in the way she played. What shocked Jiyong was the fact that Dara started singing all of a sudden. Her voice was so enticing, so soft, so amazing, a voice that Jiyong had never heard before. 
 
Dara stopped singing as soon as she opened her eyes. She saw Jiyong staring at her. 
 
"What??" she asked. 
 
Jiyong shook his head a little and cleared his throat before speaking. "Nothing. That... That was..." he didn't even know what to say, she left him speechless. 
 
"Ah, I need to work on my vocals, right? I was probably pitchy." said Dara. 
 
"No, no, no! You weren't pitchy at all." 
 
She blushed. "Really? That's good to hear. I haven't really sang properly in ages, only for fun in karaoke or something haha."
 
"Well, you're a good singer. It's a bit surprising since you didn't seem like the type that liked to sing." 
 
"Really? What type of girl do you think I am?" she asked, really curious on what the boy thought of her. 
 
"Hmm…" he looked into space for a while before looking back at Dara. "You seem really shy so I didn't think you'd be a type of girl that sang, I suppose?" 
 
She hummed, "I see."
 
"Sing some more." Jiyong ordered.
 
"What? Why??" 
 
"I like your voice and I want to hear more of it."
 
Dara blushed, she looked down at her guitar and asked in a small voice. "What do you want me to sing?"
 
He thought for a moment before strumming a tune on his guitar. "Know this song?" 
 
Dara closed her eyes, bobbing her head along with the melody before starting to sing. Jiyong smiled as he watched her while strumming the strings on his guitar. He loved the way she closed her eyes in order to concentrate and follow the rhythm. He started to slowly rap a part of the song, Dara looked at him in surprise because she had no idea that Jiyong could rap. It seemed that they both learnt something new about each other today.
 
The guitar lessons turned into a singing session, the both of them just having fun. 
 
That night Jiyong sat by his desk, coming up with new chords and writing down lyrics that popped into his head as he got inspiration from Dara's soothing voice. 
 
When he was finished, he called Dara straight away. 
 
"Hello?" she answered sleepily. 
 
"Hey… sorry, did I wake you?" Jiyong said. He was so excited that he didn't even realise that the time was already 1am and he felt stupid for interrupting her.
 
"Yeah but it's ok, there's no classes today anyway since it's a Sunday." 
 
"Ah ok, good." 
 
"So, what's up?" 
 
"Ah! I finished making a new song." 
 
"Really??" she asked excitedly. 
 
"Yup. Wanna listen?" 
 
"Of course!" Dara said in glee. 
 
"Then meet me later today if you're not busy." 
 
Dara didn't talk for a while and this made Jiyong think that maybe she fell asleep. He was about to call her name out but she answered a quick "ok, and where?" causing him to mentally cheer in his head. 
 
"Go to this place called Haru Haru Cafe, know it?"
 
"Yeah, my best friend has taken me there a few times." 
 
"Cool. Meet me at… 7pm." 
 
"Ok, that's fine." 
 
"Alright, anyway, go back to sleep. I'm really sorry for interrupting you."
 
"I can't just go back to sleep now. I'm wide awake." 
 
"So what do you want me to do?" asked Jiyong, a smile spread across his face because even though he told her to go back to sleep, he really didn't want her to go just yet. 
 
"Take responsibility. Make me fall asleep!" 
 
"Ok." and Jiyong began to hum the tune that he had been working on and finally had finished today, the tune that Dara heard the first time they met and though Jiyong couldn't see, Dara smiled, her heart fluttered. She soon fell asleep in a matter of minutes and Jiyong heard small inhales and exhales, he called her name a few times quietly and realised that she was most probably asleep. He smiled, said goodnight and ended the call, sleeping with a wide grin on his face as he was excited to see her later on. 

 
a/n; i'm so sorry for such a late update and it's even a short chapter! i was really intending to update two weeks ago during the weekends but this is what happened, there was a storm on the 12th and it was so strong that it broke some electricity polls and a bunch of trees so i had no power or internet for two weeks! i just got power back last night. srsly, i think i deserve a medal for being able to live without power/internet for two weeks cz i'm so not use to something like this happening in london but only in the philippines, ey? XD (i even learnt how to wash clothes by hand, but then i got a fever afterwards so my grandma doesn't want me to do any work now -_-) 
i got to say my birthday was unforgettable though considering all of this happened just two days before my birthday and we got power back yesterday which was my brother's birthday so good timing lol. 
oh, and i don't know when i'll update next because i couldn't write the next chapter since my laptop ran out of charge so i couldn't keep writing =_= 
I SINCERELY APOLOGISE BUT I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND. thanks for susbcribing and pls comment and tell me what you think so far~