Wake-up call

Forgotten Love

 

 

He was laughing his head off amuse in the whole situation we're into. Somehow I was surprise. Well, who wouldn't? He told me we would go see one of the universities he's rooting for, not the place where an extended celebration from our withdrawal is happening. But I did like it. Seeing his sister Sulli who's obviously proud of his brother and Heechul who never fails to make surprises. Usually, he's the mastermind of different surprises so I'm assuming he's the one behind this. He's just a bit older than Siwon but their closeness forbid the .

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Heechul was trying to say something.

 

"I'm sorry, what?" He chuckled before he repeated his question or whatever he was trying to say earlier.

 

" I said you're still gullible as ever that you fell for Siwon's tricky mind."

 

"Oh that," then I laughed.

 

"It really wasn't because of his tricky mind, it's just me being stupid that I thought he's really taking me to some college schools." Well, neither is the reason why I fell for Siwon's lie. Now that I have come to think about it, I realize that it was because of fear. Fear that I might disappoint him even more considering that it was me who wanted this in the first place and now I may be the reason we won't be together for college and worse, the further future.

 

We were all talking about different things and I barely noticed the time. Sulli is doing great in her studies as expected. Heechul, you can say that he is carefree but if you know him that much you'll know that he's responsible enough. It's a nature formed because of college.

 

"Should I take Tiffany outside? I'm sure she'll enjoy the pink strips before the sun totally settles down." Siwon offered as darkness slowly creeps.

 

"Very nice," Heechul said as he winked. "...we'll wait for your comeback." Then he winked again.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"You're such a liar." I let out the words. And it strikes me, I was again afraid that he'll say this words to me soon.

 

He let out his goofy smile.

 

"It's a surprise, it wo-"

 

"Congratulations, you just surprised me." I didn't let him finish his sentence as I say these words, but this time I was smiling.

 

"How do you like the pink strips?" He asked me touching one of the stips attached to the tree.

 

"Very lovely. I love it"

 

He nodded and for a moment there was a dead air.

 

And it goes on.... and on.... and on. Until I decided to break the silence. I wasn't sure what to say, so I say this.

 

"Thank you." Then I looked at him and then back to where I was staring earlier.

 

"For what?"

 

"Don't ask me, you already know why," I looked at him again and this time he was looking back straight at me. "Why I'm thanking you." Then he shrugged.

 

"Anyway, do you remember this..." He was trying to reach something from his pocket.

 

"This thing." Then he showed me it. The Light up crystal heart keychain with our names written on it. I gave it during his birthday. And truthfully the beauty it holds the day I gave it to him never fades away until this day.

 

"You still have it huh?" I asked him.

 

"Of course, did you lost yours? We promise to keep this forever, I'll get mad if you tell me you lost yours."

 

"Of course, I never lost mine. It's still with me. But I don't have it with me now." Then he nodded and another fatal silence follows. I wanted to ask him why isn't he saying much.

 

"Tiff, do you remember when we were still a kid and I would always leave your table a chocolate whenever your gone?" I laughed at this and nodded.

 

"I wanted you to know that it was because of a crush." Then I laughed again.

 

"I know, childish right?" He asked me.

 

"But we're not a child anymore Tiff," He stated and chortled, leaving a different atmosphere. Then he put both of his hands in his pockets, swaying. Another heavy silence for a heavy atmosphere. It took a little longer as if he was lost in his thoughts trying to solve the puzzle to put up his words.

 

"I'm sorry, Tiffany, I don't think I could keep our promise." I started wondering why he's saying sorry.What is he trying to say? Promise about what? 'Is he leaving too?'

 

"Listen to what I'm about to say," He sighed.

 

"You know that we've been friends since we were kids, we basically grew up together. We know each other's secrets,likes and dislikes and I've seen you cry a hundred of times before because of chick flicks," Then he stopped halfway.

 

"Tiffany, I know that you treasure our friendship so much. Right?" I nodded.

 

"And I know that you wanted us to stay this way," He's sweating. Should I get a clue where this thing is headed?

 

"But Tiffany you shouldn't deny the fact that things change, just like what happens to everyone, its basic. I know that you feel that we already grow up and that the things around us change including the things we used to do before,"

 

"I don't think I could hold on any longer being a friend of you." He blurted out. And suddenly I think my face lost its color. I couldn't look straight at him anymore. My eyes are shaking, starting to be filled with tears.

 

What's going on? Is that what he's trying to say? He couldn't keep his promise of being my friend? Is he tired of me or I'm hard enough to handle now. A bunch questions running inside my head looking for answers.

 

He's now rubbing his head. If he were to break his friendship with me, it is suppose to be an advantage for me. He wouldn't have a hard time accepting the fact that I'm leaving. But it's hurting me , of course. But I'm still waiting for answers.

 

"I'm sorry Tiffany," He's staring at me but I couldn't read his expressions.

 

       

 

 

       

          "I think I fell for you in a wrong time.."

 

 

 

A/n: Ta~da! Siwon's confession! What do you think? Is it really a wrong time?